Quick sound wiring question...

I've just run the wiring for my amp and have a quick question.
I've run the 8 gauge power wire down the passenger side trunking ready to be put through the firewall tomorrow, however I've run the remote wire down the driver's side with the crossover cables.

Does this defeat the purpose of separating the other cable?

OP
OP
S
In retrospect this would've been a good idea, too late now though :p I just need to figure out how to connect the remote on cable for the amp and then I can put my trim back in. Its really weird driving round in a shell of a car :/

OP
OP
S
Done! Just for anyone's future reference; the remote out cable on a Sony head unit adapter is the blue one with the white stripe. Splice that one and remember to plug the aerial back in otherwise the head unit doesn't turn on when you go to test it :)

Done! Just for anyone's future reference; the remote out cable on a Sony head unit adapter is the blue one with the white stripe. Splice that one and remember to plug the aerial back in otherwise the head unit doesn't turn on when you go to test it :)

If you need to plug in the areal to turn it it you have a earth problem. Its now earthed tru the aerial. Make a good earth on the iso. A standard micra lacks this 9 out of 10 times. So just run a wire from the iso earth on the radio side to the chassis.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
could have a switch on that remote wire so you choose when amplifier comes on instead of radio set telling you when to do it

OP
OP
S
If you need to plug in the areal to turn it it you have a earth problem. Its now earthed tru the aerial. Make a good earth on the iso. A standard micra lacks this 9 out of 10 times. So just run a wire from the iso earth on the radio side to the chassis.

I can't remember ever coming across the term ISO, whats it stand for?