Quick bumper question

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
I found this on ebay 4608082611

I know it's a facelift bumper and that it has a different front end to mine.

What I wondered was, if I was to modify the bumper itself and use filler to fill across the recesses for the lights (I don't mind doing this as it will be painted anyway) would the bumper fit me pre facelift, ie does it have the same mounting points etc.

The reason I ask is because I have found a few of these bumpers for sale but have yet to come across a pre facelift one.

Thanks guys
Haylz

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
You could always buy it and try, I would think the mounting points would be the same, there is also other things 2 consider like the grill and wings aswell.

I would wait until a set of super s/SR bumpers came up for sale, they even have fogs in them.

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
That'd be alot of filler which under the stress of driving would probably crack. Fibreglass is a must but it's gonna be a lot of work just to use it, whats the point?!
Mounts should be the same, can't Nissan changing frontend and chassis legs just for a new bumper.

R

RIK

you will need new wings,lights and grill/bonnet to fit a facelift bumper to a pre-facelift car...

ide wait for one to come along

OP
OP
Haylz

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the replies people!!

I think I'll just wait lol, I just wondered how much work would be involved.

I'm happy enough with my aftermarket fogs in for now :grinning:

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
also the front crash points are different on the facelift micra so you would need them too,

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
only if you goto a scrappy and pick up some crash points... the are behind the bumper and the bumper bolts on to them... other than that it should fit...

i know that the facelift bumpers are bigger in height too so i'm not 100% it will fit without serious modding...

OP
OP
Haylz

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
NeX said:
only if you goto a scrappy and pick up some crash points... the are behind the bumper and the bumper bolts on to them... other than that it should fit...

i know that the facelift bumpers are bigger in height too so i'm not 100% it will fit without serious modding...

sounds like a lot of work to me, especially when my current bumpers are already colour coded lol

As I said I don't think my aftermarket fogs look bad, just not as good as super s ones but I can live with them. :laugh:

OP
OP
Haylz

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
Are the super S rear bumpers different to what's on my car?

They look the same to me apart from the black strip that's on mine which would be easily painted.

The reason I ask is because if they are the same then it would be much easier for me to paint the black strip on mine than to get a complete bumper painted. I could probably even paint the black strip with the bumper still on the car which would be even easier.

this is my bumper

Attachments

• 08-01-06_1232.jpg
    08-01-06_1232.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 189

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
Yes it is diffrent. There a bit more meaty and it will look odd if you just have the front one