Questions!

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
Been a while since I've been on here!! Been trying to find a job!! Then I can FINALLY get my paid membership! I hate being unemployed :(

Got me some plans for my micra through summer! Which are starting with taking off the bumpstrips!

done a search and found how to ( Just to check, hairdryer to heat up the glue, then a plastic ruler/credit card to scrape off right?), just wondered if theres anything I shold know?

Also, how different will the shade of paint be underneath? Its a '98 so the paints like 10 years old....

And I cant find purple T-Cut!!!!!!!

While Im here, any ideas where I can get some Renault Clio Trophy wheels from? :)

Thanks & hope you're all well!!

Chris

Yup, heat the glue then use a plastic card or something similar to prise the strips off, I've heard using fishing line is good as it cuts through the glue more.
Then it's just a matter of removing any glue thats left on the car, I'd suggest bug/tar remover for this.

I did my '99 RED (renowned for paint fade) micra and the colour difference was next to nothing. After t-cut you can't see where they were :)

For the wheels, try ebay or a clio club perhaps?

Right! Ill get that started on Thursday if the weathers ok... It needs a clean anyway so I might as well kill 2 birds :D

Never thought of a club... And ebay let me down :( AGAIN!! lost some clear repeaters this morning :( im losing faith in that place :p

Yeah, I saw that!

Good try tho :)

>CLICK<

I found ONE on the bay... And retrorides says the PCD is ok.. So Ill keep lookin!

Whats my chances at a scrappy? :p

Hmm.. I might go try the scrappy... Clio Trophy ones would be dream come true, but I'd just like a nice set of multispoke alloys in my (student) budget! Not too bothered about condition, as long as they aint buckled or anything... Im gonna spray em white so I can repair at the same time!!!

Ill keep ya posted :)

mhmm i've got a set of oz superturismos 15s which i had powder coated white but 2 months later hit a pothold and put a huge dent in 2 of them :(

520803491a6177916188l.jpg

Back