Questions From a New Guy!

Hey guys and gals!

Last night I got my first car, a good old S reg 1 litre K11b and I loves it! I bought it for 250 squid as an incentive to learn to drive but before that happens, I want to do a few little things to it.

Firstly, it's got rust.. Drivers side front wing is pretty horrible and needs some attention! I was thinking of just leaving it how it is for now but looking at it properly, I do want to change the wing out! Is it difficult to swap a wing and what's involved in doing so?

Secondly, I want to install a rev counter! Not a gash clock size thing with a shift light for extra horsepower, just something so I can see what the engine is running at! :) I've tried scoping Google and YouTube and I've seen a few things bit nothing much about Micras. Can people point me in the direction of buying one and the theory behind installing it?

Lastly, is it possible to install the clear headlights/lenses from the K11c on a b? I really like the clear lenses from the later models and wondered if it's possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Joosh

1. Wing is about 4/5 bolts and a doddle

2. Any 52mm gauge of your choice will be fine.
Easy to wire up
12v feed
Earth
Signal
Lights.
Really simple
Shift light will plug into the rev gauge itself

3. No idea :p

Hey Joosh :)

This might help you.

Im not an expert this was the first time i did this to my micra.

I was driving along when out of no where a wacking great range rover backed out on me , this is the damage and how i am repairing it...

08042011360.jpg

24042011374.jpg

1. jack up the car remove wheel.
2. remove inner wheel arch ( sorry no pics) there are 4 or 5 screws to undo ( use a star ened screw driver ( theres probly a proper name).

3. remove wing ( note you do not need to tack the bumper off if you have small hands) all places were the wing joins to the car use a 10mm socket.

24042011375red.jpg

4. acess damage for me i had to remove headlight, battery/casing, coolant bottle and the cool air feed . this is easy peasey just un plug everything and look for bolts to remove ( 3 on light, 2 under battery, 2 for cool air pipe behind it and 2 for coolant)

5. i used a hammer and a block of wood to repair my car and bought a new paenl for £40

6... more pics to come

hope this helps abit

Thanks guys that's a great help! :)

On the rev counter subject, where would I source the signal from? Some videos say negative side of dizzy, some say there's a proper signal wire to use, others say it's a pin on the ecu.. What am I looking for to make it as easy as possible?

On the rev counter subject, where would I source the signal from? Some videos say negative side of dizzy, some say there's a proper signal wire to use, others say it's a pin on the ecu.. What am I looking for to make it as easy as possible?
Stick with the coil that's the simplest and safest way

Blue/black wire iirc

@Skinner_87 did this not long ago

K11b is the pre-facelift with the kidney shaped grill holes, fitting k11c (facelift) headlights requires the wings, front bumper and bonnet and also plug changes. K11c and K11d (facelift with bumper revisions), which might be what you mean, fit as far as I know but I can't tell you of plugs are the same or not.

K11b is the pre-facelift with the kidney shaped grill holes, fitting k11c (facelift) headlights requires the wings, front bumper and bonnet and also plug changes. K11c and K11d (facelift with bumper revisions), which might be what you mean, fit as far as I know but I can't tell you of plugs are the same or not.
I'm pretty sure there was only a K11e and K11c

E being the prefacelift.

Blue/black wire iirc
Yeah I think I've seen that wire right on top of the distributor so I'll go for that one! See what happens!

It's this front end I have! I'm not sure now what model it is white the amount of letters going on there! :p (and yes, I painted the vent things and the badge today!)
image.jpg

I thought it was a-b-c-d referring to the iterations but I could be wrong. I prefer abcd anyhow!

Yeah I think I've seen that wire right on top of the distributor so I'll go for that one! See what happens!

It's this front end I have! I'm not sure now what model it is white the amount of letters going on there! :p (and yes, I painted the vent things and the badge today!)View attachment 28812
Looking at pictures I think you just need to buy the lamps bud, straight fit, would double check but they look the same :)

Looking at pictures I think you just need to buy the lamps bud, straight fit, would double check but they look the same :)
That's what I was thinking.. I hope you're right cos I'm not a particular fan of the current lenses! :)

Anyone else have any other ideas? I wanna be sure before I go out and buy some new lights!

That's what I was thinking.. I hope you're right cos I'm not a particular fan of the current lenses! :)

Anyone else have any other ideas? I wanna be sure before I go out and buy some new lights!
don't blame you haha newer ones look far better, maybe go to a scrap yard and compare to your own if they have some?

Last edited:

its the blue wire on the dizzy joosh (red arrow) tho its a fairly weak signal, that wont power some tacho,s
another option is a kart tacho that senses the pulses from the HT cables, my antenna is tied onto all 4 (yellow arrow)

P3110685.jpg

...before spending like tons of £££ on fancy stuff, make sure you check the rest of the car for rustage...it'd be unusual if just one panel had suffered bad rust... ;)

R3H4N said in a post earlier today that he's putting in a rev counter dash. He said his mate had two of them. Why not pm him and see if he'll sell one to you.

Back