Question for Ed

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I seen you have being able to remap the standard ecu on the st,Is it possible to reprogramme it to switch your S/c off at 3k rpm and raise the rev limit to 7500rpm?

The supercharge cutoff appears to be hard coded, however yes the rev limiter can be increased to 7500. I have mine at 8200 now. (which is VERY high, but im just experimenting with it...)

on from idle if load demands and off at around 4000. It seems based on Throttle position/RPM/Load. Actually not load, as messing with airflow meters etc would change TP and this has made no difference. So it seems its based on Throttle position and RPM.

Ed

You shouldn't experiment with a dodgey engine Mr Edward! :p

When's it gonna be back on the road?

I've driven 200 miles on it in the last week!! I'm using it for experiments until i sort another engine to go in it.

I was eventually gonna get around to asking Ed the exact same question, was also wanting to drop it back to about 3k. 8200 rev limit sounds nice.

if you drop it to 3K you will have a big hole in the power band.

Dont even look at the power FC they are not as good as made out, and totally unsuitable to the ST!!

if you drop it to 3K you will have a big hole in the power band.

Dont even look at the power FC they are not as good as made out, and totally unsuitable to the ST!!

Well somethings not right cuz when I change gear I dont get the power I want,At least if I could drop the s/c cutoff I could have 1.2bar boost from 3-7k which imo should make the car quicker,or if there was a way to raise s/c boost,and been told in clear english how to do it(instead of half malaysian/english)

Its possible its not right, there is ofcourse lots to be wrong, however I couldnt say without seeing it. One thing I do know tho is that if the turbo on its own at 3000 rpm doesn't do all that much so there is no point turning off the s/c if you want to make it go faster, as the opposite will happen. if you disconnect the supercharger plug thats above the pully and go for a drive you will see what I mean.

Ed

Its possible its not right, there is ofcourse lots to be wrong, however I couldnt say without seeing it. One thing I do know tho is that if the turbo on its own at 3000 rpm doesn't do all that much so there is no point turning off the s/c if you want to make it go faster, as the opposite will happen. if you disconnect the supercharger plug thats above the pully and go for a drive you will see what I mean.

Ed

I know exactly what you mean,but I mean the bypass valve lets the pressure from the turbo in earlier as in the transition from s/c to turbo happens earlier in the rev range

well, I have been working with a few others and it looks like we may have found the supercharger timings.

NOT ONLY THIS it looks like we will beable to dump the airflow meter and goto a MAP based system. For us this means NO restriction on the intake to the turbo. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I'll let you know more soon, I need to do some testing first.

Ed

well, I have been working with a few others and it looks like we may have found the supercharger timings.

NOT ONLY THIS it looks like we will beable to dump the airflow meter and goto a MAP based system. For us this means NO restriction on the intake to the turbo. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I'll let you know more soon, I need to do some testing first.

Ed

Ed only seen this post now,thats brilliant news can you pm me more info on this

mmm! no airflow meter! just wt i need, in currently making a manifold which will have the turbo inlet just peeking out through the bonnet. will be intrested to know more bou converting to map sensor, is it something similar to the de -jetro / fower fc setup?

some job! the car is coming on good now so i hope to get the engine back in shortly an get her up and running,hav a hks external wastegate on this new manifold and im goin to side exit the screamer pipe.

Back