Question about running a carburettor on an k11

bobsp16

Site Supporter
I no its prob been asked a thousand times before,,,But i need to no how to run a k11 1.3 on a carburettor and not the injection,,,,What do i need to do to the ignition side???
Do i need to use the ecu or can i get it to run/spark with out that and just use the standard disributor on its own....any info please would help

frank

Club Member
i doubt if you will get the full spark map without inputs from the maf and throttle position sensors bob, and you would probably need a bobweight and vacuum type dizzy

OP
OP
bobsp16

bobsp16

Site Supporter
i doubt if you will get the full spark map without inputs from the maf and throttle position sensors bob, and you would probably need a bobweight and vacuum type dizzy

ok so would the ma10/12 dizzy fit and work or would i need a stand alone ignition like a dta or simla

frank

Club Member
ok so would the ma10/12 dizzy fit and work or would i need a stand alone ignition like a dta or simla

a couple of members have used k10 dizzy,s bob (superls and datto san iirc) but i would use a mini one personally (same type of male offset slot drive)
unless you could rig up a t/p/s on the throttle cable ? the ecu might be able to apply the vacuum advance from the throttle position eh ?

yeah wish i used a mini dizzy when i was going to go carbs i have still got my modded ma dizzy to fit a cg i have the adaptor plate as well but i never managed to tidy the adaptor plate up properly. if you get really desperate you can have that one if you want it but personally i would go with what frank said and try rigging the tps up somehow.

OP
OP
bobsp16

bobsp16

Site Supporter
thanks boys....i will look into using the k10 dizzy 1st i think after youve made one work,,,,,,so i guess the k11 has the same type of offset slot in the cam like the k10 does..