question about locating the pollen filter...

i'm in the process of finding and changing the pollen filter in my k11 facelift (with a/c), and having searched the site have found that i need to get the glovebox off and cut away a piece of plastic to access the filter.

i've got the glovebox off but am not sure what part i need to cut. Here's what it looks like with the glove off:
glovebox..jpg
i've outlined the area i think needs to be cut but can someone confirm or show me where the right area is.

(sorry for the bad quality pic, took it in a rush and didn't check)

i'm not sure if i've properly attached the image (first time) so apologies if something is not right.

Aircon cars don't have one, not enough space. Sorry, didnt notice you had said yours had it!

but i got the impression (from talking to people and searching the net) that a/c models are the ones with filters

the thing is when i run the a/c or heating (it doesn't matter which) i get this really horrible smell fill the cabin, so if i don't have a filter that needs changing how do i get rid of the smell?

im not sure if the micra's have them, but alot of cars with aircon have a small rubber drainage tube pocking out underneath the car, normally around the bulkhead area.

you can buy products such as 'airco cleaner',its like an aerosol with a long thin tube which you shove up the rubber pipe.

it covers the evaporation chamber with a foam and is suppose to kill all smelly bacteria, and tbh it normally works a treat and makes you car smelly lovely inside! but like i said not sur if the micras have these...hope this helps.

Yes, Micras with A/C dont have polen filter, only the ones without A/C have them, and the older ones without A/C dont have them too. I will try to get a pic of the polen filter for you to see...

I will try to get a pic of the polen filter for you to see...

don't worry about that baguete, my local auto spares place has shown me what it looks like :)

B14KLR said:
im not sure if the micra's have them, but alot of cars with aircon have a small rubber drainage tube pocking out underneath the car, normally around the bulkhead area.

anyone with a micra able to confirm if there is an a/c drainage pipe?

You can get aircon decontaminator spray (Commonly refered to as an Aircon bomb!) You set your aircon to cold, fan on full power, on recirculating. Then you set the aerosol off in the passenger footwell aimed at the heater box and shut the door.
Leave it for 15 mins or so and that kills all the bacteria and removes nasty niffs.

You don't need to stick it on any drainage tube, just position it so it is sucked into the heater box.

Yes, Micras with A/C dont have polen filter, only the ones without A/C have them, and the older ones without A/C dont have them too. I will try to get a pic of the polen filter for you to see...

yes please would be an intresting see

You can get aircon decontaminator spray (Commonly refered to as an Aircon bomb!) You set your aircon to cold, fan on full power, on recirculating. Then you set the aerosol off in the passenger footwell aimed at the heater box and shut the door.
Leave it for 15 mins or so and that kills all the bacteria and removes nasty niffs.

You don't need to stick it on any drainage tube, just position it so it is sucked into the heater box.

this might sound like a silly question, but where exactly is the heater box? i mean do i aim under the glovebox, towards the centre console or somewhere else entirely?

thanks for your help, by the way, still learning about cars.

oh, and how much of the spray do i need to set off?

The heater unit runs from behind the glovebox to the centre of the car.
When using these aerosols I sit it in the passenger footwell kinda pointing towards the heater behind the centre console.

The aerosols we use have a small catch on the top, you set the catch to spray the contents out then leave it until 5 minutes after stuff stops spraying out.

Back