que,s

They also said they'd give 7 days notice before any strikes.

I was hunting around for fuel yesterday as I was on "---- miles remaining" and 2 of the stations I tried didn't have ANYTHING!

I don't know why people bother to make these strikes anyway. Everyone panic buys all the fuel and when the unleaded is out they buy up all the super unleaded......more so now with no strikes yet and Cameron getting on the bandwagon lol! The government get their duty on all fuel sales, the oil companies get their money too and I bet they both laugh all the way to the bank. Then when people run out of the panic bought fuel and cannot go anywhere any longer suddenly something is resolved by a minuscule cut on duty by the gov and the tankers hit the roads once more.

I would hazard a guess that both the Gov and the Oil Cos actually make more money in the short-term out of this than the public think they lose by striking. One should do some sums. At the end of the day people need oil and oil based products and will continue to do so until there is none left or there is an alternative, (which is a long way off).

Same here, The more they increase the fuel prize, the more they are going to buy some even if they don't need it, making it even rarer, creating themselve another increase in prize...

the only winners are the petrol stations, because the sheep are prepared to pay an extra 10p/L during the 3 day panic buy (then they quietly drop it back down again lol)

I would hazard a guess that both the Gov and the Oil Cos actually make more money in the short-term out of this than the public think they lose by striking..

I've been thinking the same and thats without the conspiracy tin foil hat being worn. :D

I will be needing some fuel (at some point soonish), but i can wait out the panic buying.

Tbh i dont see why the general public dont assist in the strike...might actually get the price down a little. (i'll now wait for the government to arrest me for "inciting a strike / blockade" :D).

mckenziecz said:
we should meet up somewhere, go to the busiest petrol station we could find, wait the que like little sheeps and then just block all the pumps, lock the cars and go for lunch :)

Now that's a plan

The BP on Trafford Road near work has craftily put 5p a litre on everything since the sheep-panic started :mad:.

We have an asda near by so they pretty much controll the price of fuel so it is £1.37. Panic all seems to have gone so far this morning. But im sure people will soon start sheeping again as they wake up.

I don't know why people bother to make these strikes anyway. Everyone panic buys all the fuel and when the unleaded is out they buy up all the super unleaded......more so now with no strikes yet and Cameron getting on the bandwagon lol! The government get their duty on all fuel sales, the oil companies get their money too and I bet they both laugh all the way to the bank. Then when people run out of the panic bought fuel and cannot go anywhere any longer suddenly something is resolved by a minuscule cut on duty by the gov and the tankers hit the roads once more.

I would hazard a guess that both the Gov and the Oil Cos actually make more money in the short-term out of this than the public think they lose by striking. One should do some sums. At the end of the day people need oil and oil based products and will continue to do so until there is none left or there is an alternative, (which is a long way off).
you got me thinking there, did a quick online search turns out we've used somehting like a million litres of fuel (1500 tankers) more this week than in the week before christmas. or the BBC is lying to me again :p made me laugh watching people queing for hours for fuel(literally) just cruise up at 11.45pm right before they close, an fill the tank in peace

hopefully i can find some superunleaded this morning, all out of stock yesterday :mad: and i had to put a tenner of u/l in,
having to drop the boost wont get me into the 14,s today :(

ooo, now thats an odd one, round by me everyones drained the standard an there's only premium left, not paying 149.9 for god damn unleaded! Luckily tesco's have still got the range =D

Back