Qashqai engine? (HR16DE)

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
First off i put this thread in k12 because looking at the Qashqai engine it appears to be the same HR16DE in as the K12.

Anyhow the Qashqai has a greater output compared to the K12. Fair enough its only a hand full of bhp and a few lb's of torque.

Does anybody know what Nissan have altered on the engine to increase the performance?

:)

looking at the 2lt qashqui engine mounts i got a feeling maybe it will be a easy drop in engine for a k12

thank fordy, is the 2 ltr the MR20DE?

would be a good conversion if it is as its lighter than the SR20DE and a bit smaller.

Nismo do you have the 2WD or the 4WD?

back on topic anybody know the diff? i presume its the map, although i was hoping it had a better exhaust manifold or similar that could be used for the k12.

:)

hey zoidberg have you uprated any of yr engine components on the SR? any home made air inductions? etc

i've totally gone off the boil with my efforts. there's just so little room under the bonnet.

i'm gonna get it remapped next year, once it's out of warranty.

mr20 engine yes, think bescause of renault nissan are making more bits the same as others to save money designing new bits

It's 4WD drive version. It's got some lovly rust on the bonnet as well as theres a fault in the paint but with it being a pre production version no one cares. It's got just under 10k on the clock now and it sounds like a bag of spanners.

hey zoidberg have you uprated any of yr engine components on the SR? any home made air inductions? etc

i've totally gone off the boil with my efforts. there's just so little room under the bonnet.

i'm gonna get it remapped next year, once it's out of warranty.

nah, all still standard. in the same position as you when the warrenty runs out i may mod it.

nismo, shame to hear that. i was hoping the mr20 would be a nice drive.

are the brakes the same on the qashqai as the micra? discs or drums at the rear?

im currently building the quashqui for nissan and its a bag of s***t all horrible plastic bits that doesnt even fit the car properly and the japanese are on our backs because all the cars we are producing arnt up to scratch

correction it's got 12k on the clock. In a way i like it but it just needs some sorting out. Like Jim says the quality isnt that good. Thats why it could end up being one of the last or even the last nissan car to be built in the UK.

That Engine is in a few cars

The HR16DE is a 1.6 L engine. It produces 110 hp (81 kw)

Bore : 78.0mm ; Stroke 83.6mm ; Capacity : 1598cc

It is fitted to the following vehicles:

Nissan Micra K12 Sport SR & 160SR
Nissan Micra C+C
Nissan Note
Nissan Tiida (In China , Thailand and Global Oversea Market)
Nissan Qashqai (115 hp, 160 nm )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_HR_engine

That Engine is a few cars

The HR16DE is a 1.6 L engine. It produces 110 hp (81 kw)

Bore : 78.0mm ; Stroke 83.6mm ; Capacity : 1598cc

It is fitted to the following vehicles:

Nissan Micra K12 Sport SR & 160SR
Nissan Micra C+C
Nissan Note
Nissan Tiida (In China , Thailand and Global Oversea Market)
Nissan Qashqai (115 hp, 160 nm )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_HR_engine

wow what a great job at copying and pasted you did

Back