Push button start and other switches

pork

Club Member
Where would I begin to start wiring this into?
I know it's a bit tacky but,
Bought cheap off the bay-of-E, purely coz I wanted some toggle switches for fuel pump, and oil scavenger pump. This popped up as a kit so thought why not.

No wiring diagram tho :(

Never really messed about with vehicle electrics before.
3 phase star/ delta control boards are more my thang

Any tips before I cut the wrong wires

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353581586.543479.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353581599.235457.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353581612.652449.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353581624.185367.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353581636.869286.jpg

this would help on a k11, if i aint miss'd anything pollyp relayed me

when you turn the key to ACC:
-barrel connects the black/white wire (12v live) to the white wire (clock backlight / radio / ACC relay1 for cig lighter & wipers / IGN Relay2 for heater fan)

when you turn to IGN:
-barrel connects the black/white wire (12v) to the white wire (accessaries)
-connects black/white wire(12v) to the green/white wire (IGN Relay1 for instrument cluster, demister, elec windows / ecu 12v power / injectors / ign coils / fuel pump relay)

when you start:
-barrel cuts off the white wire (accessaries)
-connects the black/white wire (12v) to the green/white wire (ecu/injectors/ign coil & fuel pump)
-connects black/white wire (12v) to black/red wire (starter),
-connects black/white wire (12v) to the red wire(tells ecu you're starting the car)

I'd be careful with insurance if you plan on totally bypassing the ignition switch. Having it so anyone can start it without the key will almost certainly cause you problems. :)

I'd be careful with insurance if you plan on totally bypassing the ignition switch. Having it so anyone can start it without the key will almost certainly cause you problems. :)

Is there a way that you can still use the key?

But it won't start if u got nats as that needs the key transponder :)

I did something similar when I snapped my key in ignition barrel of my Subaru. So I cut the wires from ignition block an rewired it all. However it needed the keys transponder to work so even when you did all switches to power up everything it wouldn't start. I had to hold the key in the transponder start and keep it there for 5 secs and remove and I could drive then.

You could always have a isolation switch hidden somewhere though so even if someone does all the switches nothing will happen as the switch isn't activated. (Like a switch hidden under seat only where u know!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok then i dont know k10 procedure but talk me through what happens...

you insert key and you turn one notch, what happens?
you turn another notch, what happens?
you turn another notch, does the car start to turn over?

you will have a 12v permanent feed to the ignition barrel and a earth (or you can just do one to any metal attached to chassis) - if you find this 12v feed then that wires to one of the terminals on the flip up toggle switch (big red thing) and the other terminal will then join to a terminal on engine start, acc 1 and acc 2.
When you turn the key it links some wires out. (this is where you will need a voltage multimeter to be honest) and see what comes on. So once youve found ur wire which becomes 12v + that wire needs to be cut and put onto the 2nd terminal on acc 1.
turn the key again and another wire will then become 12+ (if you got another notch which doesnt attempt to start the car) then put this to the other terminal on acc 2
the starter motor wire (the final notch) is what needs to goto the engine start button.

Hey presto its wired :)

a ignition barrel is just a set of switches inside one barrel. Your effectivly opened up that barrel and shoved it on a plate! if you understand.

any confusion let me know :)

Back