• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Sorry to hear it's come to this.. Could you not take it somewhere more reliable to be finished off, or is money an issue? Cuz it ain't gonna be worth that much the state it's in?

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it's come to this.. Could you not take it somewhere more reliable to be finished off, or is money an issue? Cuz it ain't gonna be worth that much the state it's in?

Anyone who takes it on will probably want a new shell and start from scratch. I really don't have the funds to start this off again. Not sure on Kristian's position on giving it up, he may want to carry it on one day with his own money. I want back from the car as much as i can, plus any parts that i've left up there. I've got tinted lights, march lights, new buckets & harnesses, two spoilers, body kit, steering wheel. The engine and everything SR20 related belongs to Kristian now i've got my money back, so it's just my parts i want. The car is probably worthless as it stands.

If someone else wants to take it on, that would be great, rather than seeing the car die off in it's current state.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Yes, but I've been planning to put some more shelves up in my room for 2 years now!
Jokes aside, a project like this needs to be planned, broken down, broken down again and then again, so that you can tick of loads of tasks when your work on it and keep up the motivation!

I am currently restoring a boat completely from scratch and it has nearly gone the same way as the K10 so many times just due to the amount of work, not the fact i can't do it! Paralysis by Analysis!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
It would have been amazing to see, even just the SR20. I had a lot of people following it's progress on my website, over 100 subscribers who aren't on the MSC, and it was linked to on forums all over the globe. Could have done wonders for Kristian's business - but you'll probably agree its just not happening. Progress never materialises and it should have never gotten to this situation where i'm just left in the dark for months.

totally agree, I think you should TOTALLY cut your loses Alan, the timescale for this project is now and has been for sometime beyond a joke, even if it was being done part time.

I would love to see this happen, not only for yourself, but also for the MSC and Kristian, this type of build would have really put Kristian on the map so to speak.

I would move on and invest some funds in the Glanza, which is a much newer car with a good solid base to work from.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
this is a massive shame!

out of the 3 i was very intereted to see this one go rear wheel drive!

but i do know what it takes out of you! and it is teh reason why i am carrying on mine when i have chance - i just cant realistic plough all my spare money into it, i have 2 business' to run aswell as my general job aswell (i know i should give up the job but it seriously is too good a money maker for me)

a house to sprt now aswell were when i started i lived with my dad now i have a mortgage and such to look after and that comes first!

not helping that i also now have the 200sx the i been putting money into also :S

but hopwfully i have cleared space now and am looking to have the micra trailored over to carry on!

i know it gonna be a long shot but i really do hope something turns up and you manage to get this dream alive again! especially without ploughing more money into it! big shame as the car was lovely previous to this!

however i did have doubt as soon as plans started escalating into more and more things!

good look fella!

but i know the frustration when you rely on someone to do something like that!

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I believe Kristian is still going to work on it in his own time, so you never know, it may see the road someday. It's still legally mine, but all the bits going on it are his and it's all coming out of his pocket now