• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
so roughly when will it be complete? it could be a good 4 years? then you will lose intrest in the car and never want it. i know i would.

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Yeah but dan you lose interest in most things after about 2 days :p

If I had £2400 then some extra I'd definately get a real nice ride. Like a sierra glx on unmatched steelies and dents in the panels or something.

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
All that work for £2500!!! I'll be honest i expected at the very least 2/3 times that!!!!!!

I will be honest, if thats the costs I am not suprised that A - the work isn't finished, and B - kristian couldn't make the costs viable.
To put it in perspective a good turbo conversion would cost more than that, let alone all that extra work.

IMO

Am I alone in thinking this with costs

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I haven't invested the full amount at the moment. It was always going to be paid in stages. £2400 was never the full amount for this project

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Yeah but dan you lose interest in most things after about 2 days :p

If I had £2400 then some extra I'd definately get a real nice ride. Like a sierra glx on unmatched steelies and dents in the panels or something.

you could even buy hair dye :p

but i mean

a GLX :O it must seriously have to have a bumper missing or summit?

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I'm looking at MR2's, Integras, 200SX, 300ZX, Supra's & Subaru's at the moment :) Might spend a little more than 2/3 lol. Not in any major rush to get one though, will wait for a bargain to come up.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
haha

in all seriousness though!

i thought it did start getting a bit much of a project, but i am seriously gutted this wont be going ahead :(

i just hit a little snag with my rear brakes, which i hadnt planned on, so i have to rethink that now :p

i hope K keeps this going

jdmk11mike

Ex. Club Member
i had a look at it on monday and i was impressed with the amount of work, right enough its dragging on a bit but theres a lot of work involved,especially seeing as its only worked on as a hobby, was impressed also with the sr20'd facelift, helped me alot with mounting issues

the garage is really nice to see though if your a micra nut,well, a micra nut who likes putting big engines in

nismo

Ex. Club Member
stay with a k10 there are so many starlets. If u do your SR20det 4wd, you will be the only one. I enjoy owning a k10 because I am always the only one at most car shows with one.

kristian

One Way Mule
i had a look at it on monday and i was impressed with the amount of work, right enough its dragging on a bit but theres a lot of work involved,especially seeing as its only worked on as a hobby, was impressed also with the sr20'd facelift, helped me alot with mounting issues

the garage is really nice to see though if your a micra nut,well, a micra nut who likes putting big engines in

Cheers pal.. Thanks for coming up..

The project will under no circumstances be terminated .. This was never on the cards..

The 2.4k Arnold had so far invested in this was only an initial payment..

In terms of costs..

To put it into perspective.. the pulsar donor car was 1700..

The Work was very well priced and is to a high standard..

Returning his investment is the right thing to do.. There was never any risk of him losing any money..

K-Kustom is currently underway with a Fully forged 200bhp+ Turbo charged 1.3K11.. an SR20 Conversion to follow the current one in the workshop.. and the Wide Arch Micra will be making a return.

Once these current projects are out of the way.. work will continue on the K10

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
K, do you have any rough estimate on when this would be worked on again?

& would you get more hands on it to finish it off once your K11 is out the way?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i reckon we could all go down the kristians and give him a hand.... wed have it done in a jifee....

everyone grab a spanner and a welding torch...

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I'm in! lol.

K, you may aswell keep my lights, harnesses etc up there and use them when the time comes. No point me taking them back as they have no use to me!

curtis

Ex. Club Member
As talked about in the other part of the forum, moved here because i was going off topic

So you havent sold it to Kristan, and it will be done?

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The money is being refunded as I've basically paid for a project which isn't going anywhere and has really run behind. I've got £2000 back, just waiting on the final bit. Kristian is going to try and continue with it in a few months time, however this is totally up to him. The car as it stands isn't worth anything and is useless to me, and I know giving it to someone else isn't really an option - they'd most likely want to start from scratch.

I'd happily pay the money again if the car ever makes significant progress or looks like it is near completion, but its not looking likely if we're being realistic about it.

The car / shell is still registered to myself and hasn't been sold to anyone, although I guess if Kristian has had enough of it, flogging it on is always an option.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
There's a company down south who have shown interest in taking the conversion on. Although ideally they would want to start again on a new shell, they've asked to see what condition it's in (by bringing the car to them)

They've done engine conversions and custom work, and are familiar with Nissan's, so that's a little bit of positivity to come the projects way in a long time!

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i think that with the work allready done all they would need to do is see it and carry on... afterall the origonal shell was nigh on perfect...

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Right surprisingly, the project may still live. I'm told the car is in the hands of some fabricators up north, not Kristian, and it's being worked on. That's all i know really, so we'll just have to see what happens.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I can't really now i've been told this, as I wouldn't be able to run both! Exciting news, but it's still early days :) (despite being 18 months into the project lol)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
hehe.. ive got a picture of you jumping up and down in your room waving your arms around and screaming for some reason...

with your helmet on too...

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Ooo! Sounds good!

I've just bought a GA16 for my motor! Conversion in the next coming months! :D

Tony, your sig....wrinkle finish? You make engine parts look like foreskins?? hahaha! ;)

tajones

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I've seen this car when i picked mine up from Kristian the other day, and it has had work done to it. Fair play to him for taking it on, it's not a job that i would want to do and i work on cars for a living. It was bad enough for me putting the engine in mine lol. This will be an amazing machine when completed, can i have a go when it's done Kris?

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I wouldn't put money on that. There would be a lot of work required on it and i believe it was passed over recently. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what materialises

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i would have thought this amount of structuraly chassis work would require a JIG and a SLAB like the WRC guys use?

kristian

One Way Mule
Ive Collected the car back as the main fabricator is on holiday.. Ive had it just over a week.

Its going back on Wednesday.

Like I said, I wont comment on anything until I feel there is a large update or somthing of interest to Arnold..

If this is 3 weeks or 3 months..

The car was only due to continue work in MAY/APR but Ive used an oppurtunity to get some work done out of my hands.. Even if it means too'ing and fro'ing from the fabricators every month or so.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
/\ oh its so good to see your still alive 'K'.....lol

its still moving and like the old fable says, slow and steady wins the race...

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Like I said, I wont comment on anything until I feel there is a large update or somthing of interest to Arnold..

I know, but i'd appreciate anything at the moment mate as i've not had an update since June! Photos etc.. even if it's just a PM with your plan of action, rough dates. etc.

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
i was thinking off all the work needed to do this converson bout a month ago..now im reading this :).....good luck matey

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
No news in months as usual. I'm looking to take any remaining parts back and give this on to someone else to complete. If anyone hears from Kristian, tell him to get in touch. Fed up of leaving messages and getting no where

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Mate, I'm sorry to hear this :(
Such a shame cos you can't even enjoy the K10 you used to have anymore - it's probably now just a shell!
I hope you find someone else willing to take it on - I would buy the Pulsar running gear off you if I had the money! :p

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
It would have been amazing to see, even just the SR20. I had a lot of people following it's progress on my website, over 100 subscribers who aren't on the MSC, and it was linked to on forums all over the globe. Could have done wonders for Kristian's business - but you'll probably agree its just not happening. Progress never materialises and it should have never gotten to this situation where i'm just left in the dark for months.