• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project Silver 1.0 Daily

Right, its about time I finally started a project thread for my Micra! Ive had it a few months now and so far ive lowered it and .... well thats about it actually so far! I bought it as a cheap daily and have more plans for it in the future, ive bought a set of alleycats to go on just as soon as i can make them fit! Also want some corsa B coilovers so i can make it as low as i want it with some decent handling. Anyway, heres some pics -

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

And one next to my mates Micra that he bought off Hoopdub recently

IMG_1355.jpg

More to come soon!

Right, its about time I finally started a project thread for my Micra! Ive had it a few months now and so far ive lowered it and .... well thats about it actually so far! I bought it as a cheap daily and have more plans for it in the future, ive bought a set of alleycats to go on just as soon as i can make them fit! Also want some corsa B coilovers so i can make it as low as i want it with some decent handling. Anyway, heres some pics -

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

And one next to my mates Micra that he bought off Hoopdub recently

IMG_1355.jpg

More to come soon!

Ace! call to see Hoops ride there to :)

Thanks man :) yeah its a beaut isnt it! A bit too low for the fen roads here though, earlier my friend hit cats eyes in it lol

Ok so its now passed its MOT after a few little hassles and me and Ash have fitted the coilovers on the front! (that was a fun episode full of overly complicating everything :p ). The rears are still just chopped springs at the mo until i can work out a better option but im poor and it looks good and handles ok so im in no rush. Since my last posts i have also laminex'd the headlights and done a few little bits and bobs (New exhaust made by Ash waiting to go on that'll be done in the next few weeks) and ive also swapped the 4x108 alleycats for some 4x101.6 minilites that i should be collecting on sunday :D cant wait!

Anyway heres some pics (even tho i havent washed it in weeks)

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

There she is in all her filthy glory :p

Trust me mate I had a diesel that had 80bhp with the wind blowing the right way! You want low and slow in these cars ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Well low and slow seems to be how it is and how its staying haha. Would love a CG13 engine when i can afford one and if i find one tho. Picked up my Minilites today so as soon as i can afford tyres and wobble nuts (and roll the arches) theyll be going on!

Yup, thats about it. Once i can afford some tyres after xmas theyll be going on. The chap i bought them off said i wouldnt need wobble nuts (as the wheels are supposed the 4x101.6) but im not sure i fancy risking it.

FINALLY got my minilights on now! Slow progress but its heading in the right direction. Me and ash rolled the arches last night so they fit nicely now and the exhaust ash modded sounds pretty good. heres some pics -

P1050013_zps94f3e343.jpg

P1050010_zps80646e2f.jpg

P1050006_zps22c4b005.jpg

P1050004_zps8487481a.jpg

P1050001_zps7d930b77.jpg

Im loving how it looks and handles now. just need to smooth the rolled arches down and spray them again when i get a chance! All opinions welcome :)

Thanks guys :) yeah ive had good and bad feedback with the headlights but i like em for now so i think ill keep em how they are. Really need to sort out a decent exhaust system at some point too.

look up flyeyeskit, its a black vinyl film which go over the lights to make them look like they've been smoked, ive used them and I think theyre great and cheap :D

Im going to sound wierd, bit those bump strips just finish it!

I have the crap ones :(

really?? I hate these, ive always preferred the other ones haha. Id like to take these off but itll just rip off more paint and i cant be arsed with the hassle lol.

You should at least colour code them, they'll look much better, I don't want to take mine off because ive got crappy paint my plan is to colour code too

Yeah! I like them

Mines just a thin narrow grey stuck on last minuet job, that's pointless, because about 10cm below is a rusting door mark someone kind left me -.-

Colour coding is a good idea actually, hadnt thought about that yet.

Elonexx have you got a pic of your sidestrips? Liking the look of your car btw

Thanks :) she's a bit tatty, but she's alright XD i dont have the superlites anymore though :(
Got a set of bbs in the garage bored out, just needs two new tyres and some more extended bolts.
Just waiting on my sister buying a car for un my own insurance on this

Third pic in my blog is a side view,

Well I found out this evening that new nankangs on a wet surface don't grip too well and also that cats eyes are not my friend. I think I need to raise the front a bit just to make it drivable round these roads.

FINALLY got my minilights on now! Slow progress but its heading in the right direction. Me and ash rolled the arches last night so they fit nicely now and the exhaust ash modded sounds pretty good. heres some pics -

P1050013_zps94f3e343.jpg

P1050010_zps80646e2f.jpg

P1050006_zps22c4b005.jpg

P1050004_zps8487481a.jpg

P1050001_zps7d930b77.jpg

Im loving how it looks and handles now. just need to smooth the rolled arches down and spray them again when i get a chance! All opinions welcome :)

What spigot rings are you running mate? did you get ally ones made up or find a set of plastic ones in the size?

Awesome! Yeh its nice to meet. I'm not from Leicester but I got to university there, so I'm always there :), you?
Cool man, my girlfriend lives in Leicester so i spend a lot of time there. Are there many other Micra enthusiasts in Leicester? We should have a meet lol

I havent changed the spigot rings mate, just running on wobble nuts as theyre 4x101.6 mini fitment :)

Do you know what the centre bore of the minilites is? :) i dont mean to sound like a typical mother but its very un safe without spigots on a bigger bore as it puts heavy strain on the studs if its reasonably larger than the 59.1 micra one.. i have some 13x7 minilites myself and am looking for a set of 65.1 to 59.1 spigot rings.. hence why i was wondering.

Be carefull now! :D

Back