• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Golden colour ain´t bad either. The figure of your wheels is not the easiest to do paint job, but they look good though. If you end up painting I think sand or soda blasting would be the easiest way to get rid of an old paint. Of course sand blasting makes rought surface. Don´t have experience of soda blasting, but have heard it´s an option to do it well.

Personally I like to combine wheel colours somehow to car´s colour (haven´t done it yet to my summer wheels tho). If you cover bonnet and roof black, I think wheels could be black/red combo, but it´s you´re business to decide of course :). Maybe center and lip section would be the best parts to make colour tricks, photoshopping would show nice different variations (I´m not good at photoshopping).

Some guys have done bonnet/roof black by sticker covering.

i know thats what im worried about with regard to painting, but the photos make them look good... there really not lots of scuffs from previous owner it like my car lots of people have said it looks mint but its the same as most micras its age dents and marks in the paint i did consider a new top coat paint job but not 100% on whats a good price as it not my strong point i just about get by... because i want to stick with the colour as i like it, but get the roof and bonnet finished in black with at least 3 coats of clear to make it nice and shiny (rough price anyone????)
black wheels are what i was going to go for but then lots of people say they like the black.
ill have a go at photo shopping some.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I work in Gerrards Cross and there's a P reg K11 with the last three letters 'PRO' in the same colour red as yours kicking around every now and then. I actually genuinely considered asking if it was you until I saw you'd done some mods to yours.

ive seen P942 PRO in norwich same colour and spec so most of them im guessing were made around the same time as mine.
good call on checking mine for mods noone likes to ask and then walk away feeling like an idiot....

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I work in Gerrards Cross and there's a P reg K11 with the last three letters 'PRO' in the same colour red as yours kicking around every now and then. I actually genuinely considered asking if it was you until I saw you'd done some mods to yours.

ive seen P942 PRO in norwich same colour and spec so most of them im guessing were made around the same time as mine.
good call on checking mine for mods noone likes to ask and then walk away feeling like an idiot....

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I might try to press those tree bulb connectors a bit tighter.

h4liitin-1.jpg

I think I would do something like this for the wheels:

images
images
images

Pushed it on as far as i can... not had a problem since thanks buddy :)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Bad news... Fuse box is ****ed it seems butchering off the plastic clip on the headlight can cause damage to fuses due to shorting out ect... Well my fuse was replaced badly and has now melted the fuse holder and box on the right headlight in other words Millie is poorly... Sad sad day.

Bad news... Fuse box is ####ed it seems butchering off the plastic clip on the headlight can cause damage to fuses due to shorting out ect... Well my fuse was replaced badly and has now melted the fuse holder and box on the right headlight in other words Millie is poorly... Sad sad day.

should have removed the neg battery terminal :(

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Taken delivery of my super s body kit and my Taiwanese led rear lights... two things I'm looking for tho... The tow hook cover for the bumper and possibly a new front passenger fog light if I decide to keep them or open it all up... Not decided your thoughts guys?

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Electric windows fitted thanks to SuLuR for selling and shipping :)
Clear side repeaters on with chrome 501 bulbs :)
Prep started on the super s kit and all before christmas good times.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Right ok guys i said i needed to update this blog so i shall
things to report still working on body kit not taken pics as rarely take my phone out when im down the workshop... i like to be alone ;)
fitted the LED rear lights :D looking awesome now :p
IMG_1576.jpg

ignore my bumper i know the paint is awful but cant be bothered now ive got the ss kit :)
IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

Ive not taken pics of the side repeaters and electric windows as you all know what they look like...
i will have more pics to follow as soon as the ss kit is on ;)

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Nice lights. Good to see another member with them. Didn't realise you were getting them. I have a pic with what wires go where :rolleyes: don't forget about the fog light ;)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Nice lights. Good to see another member with them. Didn't realise you were getting them. I have a pic with what wires go where :rolleyes: don't forget about the fog light ;)
All fitted and working jay... what size fitment is the fog light bulb? i think ive seen an LED one on the bay but need to know the fitment number eg sidelights 501?
ive currently got a white rear fog haha

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Right ok guys i said i needed to update this blog so i shall
things to report still working on body kit not taken pics as rarely take my phone out when im down the workshop... i like to be alone ;)
fitted the LED rear lights :D looking awesome now :p
IMG_1576.jpg

ignore my bumper i know the paint is awful but cant be bothered now ive got the ss kit :)
IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

Ive not taken pics of the side repeaters and electric windows as you all know what they look like...
i will have more pics to follow as soon as the ss kit is on ;)

that looks bang tidy with the colour of your car!

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
any pics of the leccy windows ;) You thought about lowering?
not going to bother with pics of the widows mate everyones seen them... lowering? ive dropped it 35mm but did look into 50mm springs as cutting them is a no go because ill **** it up... need a panhard rod too :confused: did think about the matiz set up but again the thought of chopping and changing stuff scares me haha
i dont know enough about all the ways to lower... and the wheels ive got are wide and do poke out the front slightly ;) so cant go too low without camber...

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Where you get them? Would quite like a set :p

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

eBay mate nissan micra LED rear lights sold by seller crazy the god... £97.50 a go but well worth it imo.
mine took about 3 weeks to arrive because there from taiwan...

eBay mate nissan micra LED rear lights sold by seller crazy the god... £97.50 a go but well worth it imo.
mine took about 3 weeks to arrive because there from taiwan...

Just had a look there , I thought you meant £97.50 per light haha :p this could be my next purchase come pay day , they look nice!

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Jay101

Black&Yellow
All fitted and working jay... what size fitment is the fog light bulb? i think ive seen an LED one on the bay but need to know the fitment number eg sidelights 501?
ive currently got a white rear fog haha
Yeh I was rocking with two white lights, if I needed extra light at night I switched on fog for reversing lol. I used red spray paint on the bulb. Got me a mot pass :p

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I did think about doing that and then thought surely they will know... Like I said I think I've seen some on the bay I'll do some more investigating and see what I can do...

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
I did think about doing that and then thought surely they will know... Like I said I think I've seen some on the bay I'll do some more investigating and see what I can do...

The fitment for the bulb is 501 if i remember, its just the bulb that comes with it has a bigger head. I currently have a read 501 LED as my fog. and is ace

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
ok guys not posted any info lately on my super s kit so kinda goes like this...
Started with this bought from the bay :)
IMG_1534.jpg

Sanding filling priming came next...
IMG_1597.jpg

Yes thats an aerosol... all i can afford but will do my best.

Added colour and laquer yh its a rattler again but good quality stuff :)
IMG_1604.jpg

All smoothed too ;)
IMG_1605.jpg

Lost the grooves in the bumper and smoothed them out because i think it looks better :)

Fitted DRLs :p
IMG_1606.jpg

AND FINALLY THE FINISHED FRONT....
IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

Does this pass everyones approval... is it worthy of the MSC logo to its name?
Tomo will be starting the rear super s bumper all again to be smoothed and then hopefully will fit the lot too...
not bad for a rattle can hey... :p

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Me likey!

but dude, painted fog lights?!?! :O
Yh painted fog lights because one is burnt out... and black anyway. But trying to find anyone selling them is a nightmare...so for now there both black till i find a new passenger one and then ill take the paint off the good one with white spirit.

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Yh painted fog lights because one is burnt out... and black anyway. But trying to find anyone selling them is a nightmare...so for now there both black till i find a new passenger one and then ill take the paint off the good one with white spirit.

Are you talking about that chrome bit inside the fog lamps? (any pics?)

I have a couple smashed lamps but there are parts on it that you can use?

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Are you talking about that chrome bit inside the fog lamps? (any pics?)

I have a couple smashed lamps but there are parts on it that you can use?
Yh the chrome bit has melted on the passenger one and burnt out... Both the glass is all good as you can see, erm pic there's one further up in blog if you can zoom in on it when I bought it...
Would it be possible to remove the glass the same as a headlight? And put it on a good one of yours? I did put a posting on the wanted section but no such luck...

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Yh the chrome bit has melted on the passenger one and burnt out... Both the glass is all good as you can see, erm pic there's one further up in blog if you can zoom in on it when I bought it...
Would it be possible to remove the glass the same as a headlight? And put it on a good one of yours? I did put a posting on the wanted section but no such luck...

Yep it is possible. Im at uni at the moment so will have to let you know if i stil have them. I remember one was OK but a bit bubbly.

Which picture bud? dont see any fogs. Do you have the original ad from ebay

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Yep it is possible. Im at uni at the moment so will have to let you know if i stil have them. I remember one was OK but a bit bubbly.

Which picture bud? dont see any fogs. Do you have the original ad from ebay
Glad it's possible...
Bloody hell the photo I have uploaded is the one I took I'll have a look on my phone now...
I'm not on the computer now so will have to wait till I upload the pics of the smoothed back bumper...

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Glad it's possible...
Bloody hell the photo I have uploaded is the one I took I'll have a look on my phone now...
I'm not on the computer now so will have to wait till I upload the pics of the smoothed back bumper...

just had a look i have both but the passenger one is half weathered.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Yeh sorry mate I didnt realise it was that bad, still have it if you can make something of it.
I think I'm just going to wait and see if I can find a mint set tbh chap but thanks anyways...
Might take the above advice and black certain things I've been thinking about a black bonnet...