• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Yes I used fibre glass paste for the first coat.First I drilled holes every 30mm-ish between the recesses in the moulding & sqished the paste through the holes to give it a good bond.
You'll need a load of filler,I use the one by HB Body.Easy to use & rub down & under £20 for 5 litres..

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

still got the rear window to do :) but not bad for my first ever attempt at tinting :p

Stani1029

Club Member
Mate it looks good, my first attempt was good but the next morning it had fell off, purely because i didnt peel the other sheet off!! Good luck with the rear one though :)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Thanks mate... Wasn't to much trouble tbh
Hmm yes I'm aware of the trouble with the rear screen shape on the outside first then heat gun to remove wrinkles, roll it up and work it into place on the inside I'm sure I'll manage :)

Thanks mate... Wasn't to much trouble tbh
Hmm yes I'm aware of the trouble with the rear screen shape on the outside first then heat gun to remove wrinkles, roll it up and work it into place on the inside I'm sure I'll manage :)
Youtube videos FTW ;)...Great finish though, fairplay!

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
YouTube tinting videos have become the story of my life today more back window specials haha but it's all worth it for a top job :)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Ok so had 2 attempts at rear window and it's not happening I'll get a professional to do the rear haha

In other news... Removed front grill and using a DIY forum post I'm de-badging it and opening it up :)

Good little project going on here, this is what I want to do to my micra. The price you paid for her was amazing too. Good luck with the rear window.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Good little project going on here, this is what I want to do to my micra. The price you paid for her was amazing too. Good luck with the rear window.

Thanks if you really look into the blog there's not a real huge lot i have done it's just really been cleaning the body work up and yh car was dirt cheap and only cost me about £8 to mot her.
Hope to see a blog for your micra soon.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Ok guys got myself some AP0 paint :D all handles are now colour coded and front grill project will be finished tonight if it kills me :) can't wait to see it on the car :D pics up later!!!

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Right i promissed photos and have just been busy so heres the photos... i might of bought some more APO and the bumpers are now painted and so are the door strips so shes getting there slowly :) enjoy.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Project PROfect has now got alloys :D I picked them up 2nd hand need a good clean and respray in graphite Gray or gunmetal Gray as at the moment there gold and look horrible but 4 alloy wheels with new tyres for £80 cant complain :)
So here's the specs 7J et35 15s -195/50/15 uniroyle Rainsport 2 tyres...
Just need to really concentrate on lowering now, still can't decide how low to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1208.png

Ok so heres the alloys i was talking about 195/50/15 no scrubbing at all and a straight forward fit.
BUT!!!! really need some advice on lowering its my daily drive and dont want to ruin it as the roads here are awful.
I did think about just a set of 35mm springs to get rid of the arch gap that i still have :oops: any help on this subject?
oh and while im at it... ive had both comments on how bad the gold wheels look but also how nice they look... so
honestly speaking, do i stick with the gold or go graphite gray/ gunmetal gray?

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Hmm when I first went to see the wheels I wasn't so sure on the golf but I guess they've grown on me slightly, I just didn't want it looking like some scooby wannabe :/ hmm I'll look into some 35mm springs then... Updated rear shocks? Or do I stick with standard?

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Finally pulled my finger out and bought some springs I'll put them on as soon as they get here :) and naturally pics to follow!

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Also just wondering... Painting headlights? When I masked the testing light the masking tape was peeling away the 'mirror' and leaving like a primer underneath... Any tips on how to stop that I would be great full.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Ok so my 35mm lowering springs are here... It's been a while since I've fitted after market springs...
Question: on the rear do the closer coils point down to the road or up facing the body or does it not matter?

Ok so my 35mm lowering springs are here... It's been a while since I've fitted after market springs...
Question: on the rear do the closer coils point down to the road or up facing the body or does it not matter?

One end will have the coil flattened to fit into the spring turret (top)

The other will be cut half way around a coil (bottom) to sit in the spring cup on the axel :)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
"Doh" I knew that really haha thanks chap. Should be fitted in the next couple of days can't wait to lose the arch gap.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Are you going to tint that back window? Side ones black look silly on their own :p

G'luck fitting the springs, it'll sit nice!

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Read window is on my to do list... I'll get around to it at some stage I'm sure, I want to stop her looking like a 4x4 first...

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
PROBLEM: Ok so driving home from work this morning I could smell smoke and thought nothing of it because I live in the country and there's always bonfires and other general fires... How wrong was I... Front headlight had caught fire and burnt out all the wiring fuses relays and melted the plastic connector that powers the bulb...
THE CAUSE: the 3 contacts in the connector had shorted and from what I can see melted it and the relay... But why fire? find out the the fuse was the wrong size.
Almost a total loss.
THE SOLUTION: scrapyard! fuses relays connector bulb and spare wiring £5
Close call, apparently a common fault anyone else had this issue?

frank

Club Member
usually caused by fitting high wattage bulbs, or not squeezing the sides of the connector when removing it (ie butchering it off :rolleyes:)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
usually caused by fitting high wattage bulbs, or not squeezing the sides of the connector when removing it (ie butchering it off :rolleyes:)
Standard bulbs in mine Frank and id never needed to change that bulb quite dodgy really...
You seem like just the man for the question... I've got 35mm lowering springs but do I need a adjustable panhard rod? Or will it be ok with the standard one?

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
ok so heres what she looks like on 35mm springs... honestly imo it looks back to being standard might have to lose a coil or two ;)
Let me know what you all think :)
th_IMG_13411_zps72ab0294.jpg

th_IMG_13381_zps5bc03d44.jpg

th_IMG_13371_zpsd3e9487a.jpg

SirChris

Educated Bodger
IMG_1082.jpg

fresh as a daisy after her MOT even the tester said she was immaculate :) happy days. 16 years and 107,000 miles.
Regards to modification news waiting for my 35mm lowering springs, window tint and still trying to sort out paintwork!!!
Thats one mint car mate.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Really need to stop using this forum you guys are a bad influence on me!
Few posts back I said standard bulbs...
Not as of today high power ice blue.
And now reading through the DIY guides I came across 2 things I must get done by tomo... Getting rid of this silly dim dip nonsense and then "is that a half empty can of APO there" (shifty eyes) dash board clock surrounds ftw!!! Roll on tomo.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Changing the colour of the wheels... think the whole gold look has worn off.
Thinking maybe graphite gray or matt black what do you guys think?
in other news got myself some mud flaps and electric windows from a sorry looking SR in the breakers yard, colour coded mirrors and some more interior trim pieces and got another Super S spoiler for a friend of mine who will soon be making her own, appearance on the MSC.
things to do... new rear number plate as mines shagged, need a splitter and as much as ive looked on here really cant seem to find one that i like the look of enough to just do it...
Ive said before about a recuring problem with my passenger headlight the adapter that connects to the bulb melts when people butcher them off in the cars past life... ive replaced it but sometimes it still refuses to come on and i have to open the bonnet and jiggle the wiring is there anyway of fixing this all connectors were soldered and heat shrinked.
Im all fresh out of ideas on anything else so suggestions for improvement are welcome and will be given much thought.

Japi

Site Supporter
I might try to press those tree bulb connectors a bit tighter.

h4liitin-1.jpg

I think I would do something like this for the wheels:

images
images
images

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Could it be that simple... I'll try that now.
Hmm wheels I'm still not sure of. The polished lip looks nice really don't like the red with polished face but I guess that's each to there own.
Would love a black roof and maybe bonnet.

Japi

Site Supporter
Golden colour ain´t bad either. The figure of your wheels is not the easiest to do paint job, but they look good though. If you end up painting I think sand or soda blasting would be the easiest way to get rid of an old paint. Of course sand blasting makes rought surface. Don´t have experience of soda blasting, but have heard it´s an option to do it well.

Personally I like to combine wheel colours somehow to car´s colour (haven´t done it yet to my summer wheels tho). If you cover bonnet and roof black, I think wheels could be black/red combo, but it´s you´re business to decide of course :). Maybe center and lip section would be the best parts to make colour tricks, photoshopping would show nice different variations (I´m not good at photoshopping).

Some guys have done bonnet/roof black by sticker covering.

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
I work in Gerrards Cross and there's a P reg K11 with the last three letters 'PRO' in the same colour red as yours kicking around every now and then. I actually genuinely considered asking if it was you until I saw you'd done some mods to yours.