• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Welcome to my Millie Micra blog!
P941 PRO
PROject PROfect play on perfect there for you...

Its hard to believe I've owned her for over 4 years now what really was supposed to be a cheap first car has turned into what it is today just a love for these crappy little cars and I'm lucky enough to work on 2, see I share this love with a fellow member called 'Clodo' Millie and Mildred are like our children so I guess you could call us a family.
There have been times I wanted to quit the Micra life she's fought me most of the way but I keep looking at it and just see more room for improvement 4 years in and she's done me proud, 2 best in shows and a show and shine win JAE 2014 and 2015

I got the car in its standard form mistreated severely by all of its owners at a price of £275
1996 on the 'P'
The first job was to actually see what colour the car was could of sworn it was brown... nope just dirt years of not being washed.
The interior was a state I hoovered and cleaned up the best I could at first, further on in the blog you'll see some interior mods that lifted and improved the whole driving experience.

So plans I had were smoothing the original bumpers and looking into splitters I wanted the subtle look ideally, as I'm not into huge body kits. This really was the plan... read on for what actually happened.

As for ICE a decent cd player (7inch touch screen) and some quality speakers all round (vibe) also put a sub in because why not.

The car has been sat on 3 different types of springs in the years I've owned it started with 35mm lowering springs then a custom Matiz setup with chopped springs and Corsa B shocks finally I've done it properly and she now sits on BC BR Coilovers.

Go forth and read our story!

Millie Spec List

BC BR Coilovers
Rota Grid Max 15x8 et0
Toyo proxes T1r 195/45/15
Brembo Drilled and Grooved Disks
Mintex fast road pads
Standard rear drums
Goodridge steel braided brake lines all round
Polybushed front and rear suspension
Nodspeed on car adjustable panhard rod
Nodspeed front upper strut brace
Nodspeed rear upper strut brace

CG13DE Forged semi closed deck auto engine
Blueprinted
Ported and polished cylinder head
Polished inlet manifold
Custom air intake twin cone and stainless piping
Sportex FN1 full exhaust system 1st cat back
Castrol Magnatec 10w40 since rebuild
Oil catch can.
Panther stage 2 clutch
CG13DE Gearbox and shafts

Nissan Micra GX shell
Full SR Super S body kit, front bumper number plate recess removed and opened up, rear bumper (smoothed) and wrap around spoiler.
Nismo Style front grill.
Nismo front lip
Nismo wide arch kit
Honda del sol canards
Seat Ibiza mk3 front splitter mounted to rear bumper
Colour coded mirrors and handles
Side Strip delete.
Depo headlights with inserts sprayed black
Dim DIP delete
Rear LED Taiwanese lights (twin reverse lights converted to single reverse and rear fog)
Nissan march bolero rear import plate surround LED Converted.
Import plates front and rear.
Tinted windows
Horizontal rear wiper mod
Questionable stickers

Nissan March Optional extra car mats
Nissan March dashpod
Retrofit electric windows
Subaru WRX bucket seats mounted to Micra rails
Custom door cards
Nardi Steering wheel
OMP boss kit
Nissan Micra Super S gauge cluster colour coded with additional Chrome trim rings
Aftermarket billet gear knob
LED footwell lighting

Vibe Slick speakers mounted in OEM locations with additional tweeters
7 inch flip up touch screen dvd tv cd mp3 usb aux radio
Mutant subwoofer
JBL Amplifier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
see i've looked into that and also... is it corsa on the rear? if i was going to do that what would the average drop be?
i've now looked into alloys and having looked at a few blogs the 15'' almera gti alloys look nice in graphite gray and would support the subtle look i want for the car.

oh i know this is going to sound stupid but im new to this... (can you tell?) i want to put some pics up but iv not got a clue how to do it :confused: whats a URL??? confuzzled???

Jay101

Black&Yellow
corsa shocks, micra springs on rear, not advising u but how low depends on how many cuts off the coils u do, i think 3 is maximum and is very low. Not seen much on gti alloys, but big wheels arnt my thing. sorry lol

Heres mine on matiz struts and springs, but somehow i managed to cut 2 coils off ;) wheels n tyres are 185/60/14

low.jpg

I upload pics, where it says upload file and then click full image.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
right ok ill have another look on that... the thought of cutting the springs worries me little bit too much and ill have gone and f****d it.
the drop on the front of yours looks great i was thinking with the gti alloys 195/45/15 im sure there 195 wide even better if there 185 cant be fussed with worrying about scrubbing.

ok let me make this more clear im an idiot and still cant see where it says upload file??

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Yeh cutting springs is a grey area, but thats a different subject. 35mm lowering springs are cheap enough between £75-£100

Upload file is the button on the right next to where it says "post reply" :p

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
hmm very gray deffo be looking into just a set of lowering springs then for now i think... 35mm would look ok with the bigger wheels i guess its just a case of sourcing the wheels and springs :)

iv got ''post reply'' and more options but nothing that says upload file :( slightly annoying.
it keeps asking for a url.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
ok so just tried copying and pasting the photo name in to the url thing and i just get a little white box with an ''x'' inside it???

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Welcome..Nice little car from what I can see,great value for under £300
I upload my pictures onto photobucket then you get the url from there.Best to make separate folders as if you move the pics from the main folder at a later date they disappear from your blog :eek:

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Thanks its ok little bit rough in places needs a bumper repair having been crashed or bumped by the last owner but ill sort that when i smooth it all...
so i got myself a photobucket, uploaded the photos i want, found the URLs and loaded them on here but i've just got the little bloody 'x' again, whats wrong with a norman direct uploader!!!! haha really starting to get annoyed with this URL stuff :mad:

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Once uploaded to photobucket. click on the link with IMG tags
then paste here.
so it will be something like this before you post:
[ img ] IMAGE NAME.JPG [ /img ]
without the spaces.

or use the direct link and add the tags after.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Thanks Shaun its really not that mint photos do do it alot of justice, the drivers door needs re paining due to deep scratches and the front bumper needs repairing and of course smoothing ;)
i agree about the colour it does look lovely all polished up, however i'm having a hard time trying to find the official name of the colour dont suppose youve got any idea?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Thanks Shaun its really not that mint photos do do it alot of justice, the drivers door needs re paining due to deep scratches and the front bumper needs repairing and of course smoothing ;)
i agree about the colour it does look lovely all polished up, however i'm having a hard time trying to find the official name of the colour dont suppose youve got any idea?
Well if you look at the data badge for the paint code. then goto halfords or any auto paint place it will have the name on their paint database. probably crimson red or something fancy.
looks like cherry to me. :) maybe someone on here knows the actual name but you can get paint mixed up with just the code anyway.
Good luck, and keep the photos coming. :p

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
thats the thing, the car is metallic and isnt really a red its more of a burgundy? even tho the paint code comes up as nissan red? its all abit odd but ill take it to my local motor factors and see what they say :)

im still undecided on what i want to do with regards to styling?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Styling is suppose to be all down to you.
I know i would:
remove stickers
remove badges
smooth it
lower it
wide wheels with dish
paint the inside of headlights
clear side repeaters
taiwan Led rear lights
colour code interior
colour code exterior handles and mirrors
colour code rear boot handle/light area
remove rear wiper.

but that's just me. find your inspiration on the forums. :D

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Looks like Cinnebar to me,same as my car is/was.I've got half a litre at work I never used,I'll bring it home & post the paint code & see if it matches yours.
Looks good anyway,and a 1.3 so no messing around there.And a GX,power steering & electric windows?

Edit.Here you go
paintcodeCinnabarred.jpg

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Looks like Cinnebar to me,same as my car is/was.I've got half a litre at work I never used,I'll bring it home & post the paint code & see if it matches yours.
Looks good anyway,and a 1.3 so no messing around there.And a GX,power steering & electric windows?

Yh no messing im quite suprised at just how much fun it is to drive the 1.3 really pulls well :) induction kit is on the way £40 for a k&n i57 thinking about a nice back box just for now too :p
yh 'GX' but no power steering... not that it needs it and nope im on the manual winders but im not overly fussed :)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Yh no messing im quite suprised at just how much fun it is to drive the 1.3 really pulls well :) induction kit is on the way £40 for a k&n i57 thinking about a nice back box just for now too :p
yh 'GX' but no power steering... not that it needs it and nope im on the manual winders but im not overly fussed :)

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Yeah I make you right I'm not bothered about the "extras" either.Nissan are funny with their trim levels on Micra,GX sounds like it should have everything :confused:.Mines a Vibe and came with the added benefit of a spoiler,fag lighter & a spare wheel ;)
Be careful what back box you buy,me & Mart messed around with a Janspeed & as soon as you lower your car it knocks underneath.Have a search,someone on here found a full 50mm ish system for the same price as just a supposed competition box.I'll see if I can get the link...

Smoothed?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-32.jpg

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Yeah I make you right I'm not bothered about the "extras" either.Nissan are funny with their trim levels on Micra,GX sounds like it should have everything :confused:.Mines a Vibe and came with the added benefit of a spoiler,fag lighter & a spare wheel ;)
Be careful what back box you buy,me & Mart messed around with a Janspeed & as soon as you lower your car it knocks underneath.Have a search,someone on here found a full 50mm ish system for the same price as just a supposed competition box.I'll see if I can get the link...

Smoothed?

yh i thought the trim levels are odd... mine didnt come with the spoiler but it came off a vibe in the breakers yard ;)
its got the fag lighter and a spare wheel as standard :)
hmm ok ill have a look with regards to the back box i need it as a daily driver so i dont want anything thats too in you face (so to speak)
your vibe looks awesome tho the rear bumber i like and will deffo be smoothing mine just based on yours!!!
i did think about smoothing the tail gate but i know that its alot of work...
are your rear lights just lightly smoked?

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Love that smooth bumper SS:
No stickers and no key hole:
IMG_1042.jpg

the whole rear tail gate will be smoothed, number plate recess key hole, wiper the whole lot and the get a square plate for the back bumper iv seen backlit plates but iv no idea where to get them from?

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
That exhaust I mentioned is not in your face loud,there was a video with sound iirc...
The back lights were too many coats of tint & I forgot to mask the fog? so they were also probably not legal either...
Trouble with smoothed gate is they usually crack if a plate is not welded in close to surface & then you've got to put the number plate & lights somewhere..I've done away with the high number plate light holder & used March (import) lights.This leaves holes where original lights go tho..
You can order the square plate on E Bay with no paperwork drama

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
right ok just have to see what i can find ill just tidy it up first tbh
light tint all over then and ill take my chances with it being legal or not
plan was to weld a plate on the inside of the boot lid and then fiber glass the 1-2mm gap that would be left on the surface or body filler...
i want to move the rear plate to the back bumper in square form, but i dont want lights to iluminate it id like a proper backlit plate ;)
paperwork drama? iv not had any problems getting them from my local motor factors :)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Good value aint they..wished I'd have known about these before I did a load of money on a stainless system,looks nice but hits somewhere over heavy bumps.It's very tight for space under there when the cars are lowered.

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture

Smoothed?

just wondering if you've got a photo of the front bumper smoothed as well chap?

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Front bumper...erm yeah this has been dragging on for years & I will have to at least get it in primer soon & see where I'm at.
I used air dams borrowed from a Primera GT which are a bit long so had to build the corners up to make them fit...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2035.jpg

If you don't like the original bumper & want an easier project get one of these from a Super S (Marts picture)
5ab4e84c.jpg

& if you're tinting rear lights it's the reflector that must be masked not the fog as I said before ;)

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Sticking with the original bumper get it cleaned and smoothed with a nice splitter.
Tinted rears... Or LED conversion :p

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
IMG_1082.jpg

fresh as a daisy after her MOT even the tester said she was immaculate :) happy days. 16 years and 107,000 miles.
Regards to modification news waiting for my 35mm lowering springs, window tint and still trying to sort out paintwork!!!

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture

Smoothed?
just a random question when you smoothed the rear bumper did you layer over it with fiberglass? or just body filler, smooth it and then paint?
weather wasnt too bad here today so thinking... with being on 3 days off work now, removing them bumpers and getting friendly with the sandpaper.