• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project mikey

MikeyRocks

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

Heres my 1.0L K11 called Mikey, Dont ask why :laugh:

I was was going to start a thread from Day 1 but didnt with a lack of arse.

This Is what he looked like when I bought him, 84K on the clock, Minor rust and was a perfect choice for my first car all for £900

This Is what he looks like now, Not alot has changed on the outside.

Bought the clear side repeaters, Some new number plates.

Added some lovely stickers :)

I've done abit on the interior, Bought myself a Nismo resin gear knob.

Recently purchased a Nardi steering wheel from driftworks which looks badass ;) Im just waiting for the parts to fit it.

If Mikey passes his MOT next month I'm thinking of giving him alittle treat with some
new wheels (Possibly BMW E30's painted satin black)

60mm springs from humphrisoxford.co.uk

Tell me what you think so far, Do you reckon it will be a fun project?

Cheers Tom

Tidy looking car. Should look really good with the 60mm springs on it.
I like the steering wheel too, and the wham bar? :)

Nice :grinning:. If you've fitted your Nismo gear knob, I have the exact one, and it is really bad quality I'm afraid - the interior thread for screwing onto gear knob is just duracon resin plastic like all of it - the interior hole just erodes, nothing to keep it tight onto gear stick whatsoever! Mine always comes off now!

Thanks for the positive inputs, Trust me Mikey will be rocking one day

Umm I've had the gear knob on since day one but havent had any problems yet o_O

* Update 12/10/11 *

A couple of weeks ago I did my first oil change on the car, It was a nightmare, Im not sure how long it had been on the car but it took about 5 hours to get off I ended up punching the oil fiter with a flat head (Y) so i could twist it off.

Next up on the list was the heat resistor card, Mine had the normal problem were it only worked on the max speed, It was lucky that my uncle had a k11 ready to be stripped so i just took his resistor card :) (And many more parts)

I bought some headlight protectors from joshbl (Arrived in perfect condition) Nice and easy to fit and look epic! :D

Haha I have a white 1.0 L too but it's M reg and I call it Mike LOL!

looks in really good condition man, you're getting all the parts I want for mine too ;( lol.

Haha I have a white 1.0 L too but it's M reg and I call it Mike LOL!

looks in really good condition man, you're getting all the parts I want for mine too ;( lol.

Mike/Mikey is such a cool name for a micra lol

Yeah its sweet, Has a couple of dents though

I'll probs get the springs next month after it's MOT :)

That looks very smart.
Good luck with it.

Thanks Mark :D

pretty clean thing ^^ the K11 does look really good in white. Any more plans for Mikey?

Thanks alot dude :)

When i was looking to buy a micra all i wanted was a white one.

Well with it being my first year of driving and at 18 its £320 a month half my pay slip :(

So for the time being its just simple mods, Then after it will be the more serious stuff (Engine Conversions, Brake swaps, Turbos and Coilovers)

Keep up the good work, I used to have a MIcra called Mikey as well, lol.

Fitting the Steering wheel is easy, K10 Boss Kits also fit the K11.

Keep up the good work, I used to have a MIcra called Mikey as well, lol.

Fitting the Steering wheel is easy, K10 Boss Kits also fit the K11.

I think Mikey is just an awesome name (Y)

Really, never knew that bud :)

I've tryed to see If the boss I bought would fit but im having trouble with getting the wheel off the spline, Any suggestions?

The panel gaps are all perfect :(
Lucky begger! (Y)

Im not gonna lie Shaun, I think the previous owner had a front colision with something and the grill doesn't line up with the bonnet lid.

When I first started driving I had a rear collision scraping a wall :doh: But only caused minor dents and paint damage :(

Hello guys,

I havent really had any time to myself lately so thats why its had no updates on here :oops:

Thought I'll throw some recent pictures of the micra on here.

This is what it stands like ATM, I've got alot of parts to fit on but like I said, I've just not had the time.

I hope you like what you see :)

serious stuff on this micra! epic! (now slam down it and go on dished wheels!)

I second that! White K11s invasion incoming !

Thanks alot guys,

Yeah I know, Trust me it will be getting slammed.......... Im just not sure what wheels though?

I think I have a good taste in wheels, So check some of these out :)

Enkie92 's - http://www.enkei.com/enkei92.html

Rota BM8's - http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=55&rangeid=2&product=BM8

Starmag's - http://www.minisport.com/mini-spare-parts/info_STAR_BL.html

Or if I get a loan out.....

Work Equip 01's - http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product.php?category=30&wheel=86

13"s or 14"s. Import some from their homeland. Probably not as expensive as you might think, particularly if you are considering buying new.

It's going to be a hard decision!

Here's a question for all you people, Is it possible to fit 8J's on standard arches but rolled?

I'm going to go as low as possible, I've always wanted to go 8J and about et15

I'd like some dish but I'm thinking about tracking it!

So maybe going for Rota Grid V's

385418_2812098022698_1266205049_33298232_1149319672_n.jpg

Okay guys,

Japfest is coming round the corner rather quickly and I've put my name down to go on the stand

(If you havent yet put your name down and would like to go, click here: http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/japfest-castle-combe-12th-may.48987/#post-508966 or speak to Karlj)

I know for a fact my car doesnt even stand out from a rather standard micra

So I've write down some things to do before the event;

1, Colour code and paint Wrap around spoiler then fit
2, Find some sort of lowering springs/Coilovers
3, Finsh making open mouth grill
4, Fit laguna splitter
5, Get some wheels!

Lets give it ago!! :D

Okay right!

I have finally made my mind up which wheels im going to get.....

Rota Grid V's 15x7J et20

grid_v_1570_4x100_+20_frsb3_300.jpg

Straigth away I fell in love with these, Perfect spec/Dish/Lip

There about £450 on driftworks and I'll get some falkens or toyo's too just before japfest

Awesome Mikey, I'm toying with getting another K11 (probably never get around to it though) and they are just about perfect!

There's a 1.0 dark metallic green one at the garage 100 yards from my house with 33,000 on it. He wants £1,395 but I reckon he'd take £1,200 cash - would look epic with those gold alloys. I'd need to turbo it obviously :D (oh, and borrow all the money :oops:) .

Thanks alot guys! :)

I was thinking of actually spraying them satin black instead of staying bronze.

Although they look real nice bronze, I just want to be abit more different.

Also I love white cars with black wheels.

Tell me what you think?

Bronze > Satin Black.

Though I painted the centres satin on my slots because I thought having gold/bronze wheels with the black bumpers would look too busy.

To be honest I think running the bronze would be different. Just wait until they arrive, you'll be surprised at how nice the bronze Grid Vs look in the flesh! :D

I'm cant wait to see how they look, Need to but them 60mm's of matt and give em a chop :)

Harlen I'm going to keep them bronze for japfest :)

Excellent! Also, I've got 60mms from Matt Humphris too, and I can vouch that they're absolutely superb. Well worth the money.

Back