project micra

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Yes it sits in the same place, I am almost certain of it as the gearbox mounts are different for 1l to 1.3 early boxes.

You're fitting the aircon too? Brave man - how are you going to sort the heater matrix/system out?

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Fair enough, a supercharged CG13 will/would be very nice indeed - have you thought about getting a nismo mount for that side to ensure that you don't get any connection?

Craig

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
You could always just solid mount it, wouldn't be great for comfort and I dunno what the MOT man would say but it would feel like you were sat on the engine ;)

Is the K11 mount lower then? Shouldn't be too hard to box it all and triangulate it nicely - can you weld/know a decent friendly welder?

Craig

PS I'm glad some-one's actually going through with this conversrion - it's been discussed for years, do you have lots of pics?

OP
OP
richj

richj

Deactivated Account

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 437
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 406
OP
OP
richj

richj

Deactivated Account
The problem is, I dont have much choice where the engine sits, because the engine is on a ma12 gearbox, with ma12 mounts. I'll have to do some measurements tommorow to see how far from the ground the sump is going to be. With it being a standard gearbox, the driveshafts line up nicely.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 353

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
If it is boxed in properly with a decent gauge of steel with some nice diagonals I can see no reason why it wouldn't pass - I think that it would look a lot nicer/safer than giving it the ole hammer

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i have to come and see this rich about bloody time someone actually did this conversion! get it running and ill have it off you

superls

K10 Tuner
nice offer rich, could you please get me a pic of the mount first, i want a couple of good pics to see the quality etc of it. then ill decide. where are you btw?

just to get it running im going to carb my conversion using the standard k10 carb setup eventually leading onto a bike carb conversion or similar. hopefully it will be a flyer

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
nice offer rich, could you please get me a pic of the mount first, i want a couple of good pics to see the quality etc of it. then ill decide. where are you btw?

just to get it running im going to carb my conversion using the standard k10 carb setup eventually leading onto a bike carb conversion or similar. hopefully it will be a flyer

rich is living in Fareham area at the mo down south but the car is located in waterlooville Hampshire just down the road postcode for where it is is po7/po8 i believe if you want to do a route planner :)

superls

K10 Tuner
Portsmouth area.

I am not going to show a picture of the mount because the information in the picture cost me a fortune to find out.

Kristian did the engine mount, he drove down from Manchester area and spent a day doing it. It has been done to a high standard.

i completely understand that you wouldnt want to post up the pic, but without its just like how the last 3 conversions got slated, cant be bothered to find the threads so cant quote but take for instance the 1.5 turbo on pistonheads last week, almost everyone that replied in the thread that there was no pics of the engine and mounts etc, which really put people off.

id sooner judge for myself if it is a good job than take your word for it, travel 150 miles and find out its crap, in the wrong place etc etc.

sorry but without this vital piece of information i withdraw my interest in the car.

feel free to email them to me, or pm me a link to where i can view some pics and ill have a look,

its not like im asking for exact dimensions and how you did it etc i just need to know its been done right and to a standard im happy with.

hope you understand, but take a second to look it from my point of view, would you buy a car with an engine conversion without looking at it first?

superls

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Yes po88da

Matt if you wanted to give me a hand getting the car running, I would be happy to let you have the car for less than I would do otherwise. Worth considering?

All it needs to run is a fuel pump, and a live feed to the ecu wiring. The throttle cable is marginally too short / change for k11. Would only take a few afternoons max. I have k11 front disk to go on too.

yup im up for helping out sometime chap i may even be free saturday if the weather holds out id be happy to get my hands dirty :D

drop me a PM and we can sort out something

superls

K10 Tuner
i didnt mee to come across as i may have, and sorry if i did.

i agree the engine does look as tho it sits correctly,

i just wanted a pic of the welds and a pic of where the mount used to be and how it was removed etc just so i can make sure its been done to my high standards.

superls