• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project March ANK11 4x4 GTiR

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
Nope, I haven't done a thing on this car since I put it back in the garage after the meet in june..
I've almost had holiday since then, but me holiday is over today, so I'm back to work on monday.
I've also got a new kid during this summer, and been some weeks in my boat,
so the time haven't been right for car-working this summer.

But I've ordered some parts for the car this week, so I hopefully can get the enginge up and running during this year.

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
Congratulations on the new kid :) and can't wait to see it finish, this is definitely a one of a kind car

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
I've got a set of rims in 15x8,5", that I've tried on my car, and I think I'm going to use them, with 215 or 225 wide tyres on.
2012.08.31_nyefelger.jpg

Trying to get them to fit:
Rear:
2012.09.02_felg1.jpg

Rear:
2012.09.02_felg2.jpg

Front:
2012.09.02_felg3.jpg

Front:
2012.09.02_felg4.jpg

Found these rims when I helped my brother with some cleaning out old parts for his garage,
because he works at a car breaker, and takes home to much stuff :p

Also found a wing also that maybe can be fitted, it's from an N15 hatchback:
2012.09.02_vinge1.jpg

2012.09.02_vinge2.jpg

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Not much rim poke at all, they'll fit nicely with tyre stretch

Wait, have these alloys been widened??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
Not much rim poke at all, they'll fit nicely with tyre stretch

Wait, have these alloys been widened??
I don't like tyre stretch so much, but I can live with the tires a bit outside the wheel arch..

I don't know if the alloys are widened, not as I know, it stands 15x8,5 on them, and it seems to be right, why?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I don't like tyre stretch so much, but I can live with the tires a bit outside the wheel arch..

I don't know if the alloys are widened, not as I know, it stands 15x8,5 on them, and it seems to be right, why?

I just saw the red on the wheels when using my phone, couldn't tell if they'd somehow been widened.

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
2012.10.27_codriver.jpg
2012.10.25_sveise_hjulbronn1.jpg

2012.10.25_sveise_hjulbronn2.jpg

Now it's soon ready for me to start mounting the fuelcell, fuelpump, hoses,
megasquirt, etc... Just waiting for some wiring for the MS2.

Package arrived!
2012.10.27_pakke2.jpg

A nismo copy bodykit. Not shure if I will use it on this car, but I HAD to buy it.
Maybe for one om my later to come, micras?
2012.10.27_pakke1.jpg

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
nismo kit! awesome. will that fuel cell really last? the 2.0 is going to drink a lot of fuel.

i suppose now i can have the original micra fuel tank :D

The sr20 does about 28 mpg so not too bad also your Mich better using Neptune instead of megasquirt may become more problems than its worth! Great progress as ever!

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
nismo kit! awesome. will that fuel cell really last? the 2.0 is going to drink a lot of fuel.

i suppose now i can have the original micra fuel tank :D
Yes, you can get the fueltank. I think the fuelcell contains about 22liter, så i think it'll hold, if not,
it's just to switch to a bigger one. But I got this so cheap that I had to buy it,,

I think I'm just going to use the nismo wing, maybe the side spats.. The front lip, and grill is allready sold. But if someone wants
to buy the side spats and rear lip. It's up for sale. The rear lip doesn't fit that good, but I think that's because it's made for the pre-facelift.

The sr20 does about 28 mpg so not too bad also your Mich better using Neptune instead of megasquirt may become more problems than its worth! Great progress as ever!
Why? Nistune stills need all of the original wiring loom, doesn't it?

Doesn't fit 100%, but I think that's because its made for prefacelift..
2012.10.28_styling1.jpg

Side spats - looking good
2012.10.28_styling2.jpg

Fits prefect!
2012.10.28_styling3.jpg

Wing! I need a rear middle wing aswell!
2012.10.28_styling4.jpg

NeX

Club Member
i wouldn't mind the spats if they are going, are you going to do much to this project over the winter?

Not trying to sound horrible, but with the amount of fabrication you have done. Would it be not easier and much cheaper to just convert normal micra?

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
Not trying to sound horrible, but with the amount of fabrication you have done. Would it be not easier and much cheaper to just convert normal micra?
Maybe, but I didn't know how the underside of the car looked when I bought it. But yes, you're probably right.. =/

No progress here lately.. I've hit "the wall", and can't seem to find some energy to go into the garage.. Anyone want to continue my project?

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Maybe, but I didn't know how the underside of the car looked when I bought it. But yes, you're probably right.. =/

No progress here lately.. I've hit "the wall", and can't seem to find some energy to go into the garage.. Anyone want to continue my project?
I know the feeling mate...

Micra turbo... init

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
this was a rare car. was . :) you owe me,,,,,,,, no no you owe the car the fix :) weather warmer you are gonna finish it even if your in norway :)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
for people who havent caught up on this one, it was a original k11 all wheel drive :) yes 4 driveshafts 2up front 2 up back.

and now it is gonna have bigger drive shafts all round :), yeh we will wait for you.

NeX

Club Member
don't worry dude, its just the winter, i have lost all hope on my car projects too, but every time there is a bit of sun i feel motivated to do more.

surely it is just fabrication? it doesn't cost money to keep going just time? if you really want, you can throw it on a trailer, bring it down here and i will give it a loving home!

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
don't worry dude, its just the winter, i have lost all hope on my car projects too, but every time there is a bit of sun i feel motivated to do more.

surely it is just fabrication? it doesn't cost money to keep going just time? if you really want, you can throw it on a trailer, bring it down here and i will give it a loving home!
I know most of it will be better when the summer comes. But I've started to miss a project car that i can use legaly on the road..

wanna switch it for a cab? :

NeX

Club Member
I know most of it will be better when the summer comes. But I've started to miss a project car that i can use legaly on the road..

wanna switch it for a cab? :

hmm, yea legal is usually much more fun, but still what you are doing is a world first, thats gotta be worth doing, and i know it would be awesome fun on the track, such a sleeper,

:p the cab is mine for ever! i'll swap it for the rusty spare cab lol. i plan to copy what you have done onto my cab, just need the pulsar parts, if i had your car i would probably use it for that

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
It's not a World's first!

I saw one online years ago when I was building my last Almera!

I've also seen a 4G63 AWD model as well! :)

OP
OP
N

nik0lai

Club Member
Would be real interesting to see.. I've searched a lot, both in europe/US, even got a friend in Japan to search a lot for something like "k11 sr20det awd" but without results.

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
It was a while ago!

Certain things do disappear, like when online forums have crashes!

I used to have a write-up of my first Almera GTi, including photos and specs. but the original AOC crashed and I lost the whole thing!

Pity! :(