• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project K11 begins!

P6251131.jpg

DSC07742.jpg

P6251139.jpg

^ I wish :(

P6251158.jpg

P6251193.jpg

It took 3 hours flat out to get the new headunit working yesturday and it only works on one of the two speakers, and the memory function doesnt work meaning i have to retune to radio 1 every time i get back into the car. - Why?

Ooh and this arrived yesturday woop woop now to start prepping it

DSC07740.jpg

you have to re tune the radio every time you get in because by the sounds of it its not connected to a constant power, it needs constant power for the memory then ignition power to turn on :)

What Nathan said is true, you should see two of the wires on the adaptor (red and yellow iirc) that have shrouded bullet connectors on that you swap around. Swap them around :).

I got the bumper from someone on here, who is currently breaking a Super S. Sadly no fog lights, but nothing worth having comes easy.

Sound, I'll have a mooch with the wiring when I get time. It works, so that's all that matters. It also works on just the one speaker but I've been told there's a possibility the one that doesnt work has now blown? :S

Got Super S rear interior trims today, 2 hours later they were in.

DSC07918.jpg

DSC07930.jpg

rears a mess as I decided to semi-strip the rear at a meet this evening so I lobbed everything back anywhere :S

Happy with the trims, add a nice touch. Pop out rears then, then Nismo kitz and stuffs YAY :)

You're gonna need a new MSC sticker if you swap the windows ;)

I thought I saw on Facebook at some point you were stopping with the K11? Glad to see that isn't true :)

Indeed I will haha. Don't worry I will get them :D

Yeah I wanted a Primera back James but I am nowhere near finished with this old girl yet plenty more to come

DSC07931.jpg

that's what I removed

DSC07932.jpg

end result. Still have the boot carpet in. most noticable difference is around corners :S and mpg has increased :L how come one strut tower is taller than the other? passanger side almost goes up to the window and the drivers side one is about half the size

Be an man and crack the seatbelt bolts john!

That is the plan... looked at your pics and thought I'd strip the rear of mine too... however I am putting another floor down and carpeting it all. I'm doing what hoodedreeper did with his although a few more strut braces and a sub :)

mate ive been in a micra on race spring rate d2's and the ride was horriable. it handled good yeh, back end was too stiff tho.

i wouldnt like to think i was paying £500+ for them.

dont get me wrong i dont mind stiff springs, heck iv'e even had raceland coilovers and they where nice to drive with, but the d2's where unreal!

just all depends on the spring rate man, you must of had proper track use ones :p it was 300 quid for coilies + a modified CG13, couldn't go wrong really.

don't want a bouncy ass ride that 150 quid ones give. + techincally bodging too, won't do it on mine, just my opinion :)

got a few little bits for the old girl today, the local scrap yard had an LX in, so I grasped the chance with both hands and got whatever my car didn't have and this did...

- rear ash tray
- sun visors with mirrors
- boot light
- handbrake cover (mine had snapped)

The engine was a 1.3 auto but it ran like a bag of beans. Mine doesn't sound paticularly healthy but this was on another scale...

DSCF11681.jpg

putting carpets back in and working on getting the loom fitted for the boot light :)

DSCF11711.jpg

big thanks to hoopdub for telling me what was needed, great help there

DSCF11721.jpg

does need a clean inside and out, last pic shows recent addition of sun visors with mirrors.

Not really an update, but here is one non-the-less.

The Micra will be coming off the road within the month, due to too many niggly little/ big problems that I should really sort out but due to my wish coming true having more hours in work, I no longer have the time to sort them out. PLUS imo, with it been off the road, I have the time to do the jobs properly.

My new addition will be getting an eZX interior, electric windows, coilovers and a decent sound system, that is it. Plans for the Micra whilst off the road

Grab a cuppa, this is all the plans that will be happening. I plan to get the car back on the road for Japfest or JAE 2014.

Engine:

CG13DE
Lightweight pulleys (if the GB comences)
Lightweight flywheel
1.3 gearbox with Quaife LSD
I have enquired with ASP about making a signature edition spec manifold for the CG series (normally for FWD SR20s)
Tomei Poncams with ajustable gears and better valve springs (will e-mail Brian Crower)
Toyota Glanze 4E-FE inlet manifold with a Apex-i cone filter with a custom CAI
Nistune ECU.
Nismo mounts

Suspension/ Handling:
BC coilovers
Cusco 4 point lower brace
Nismo upper strut brace
Custom B pillar brace
Custom C pillar brace
Rear strut brace
Nismo Panyard Rod
Nismo ARB's
Seam weld engine bay

Interior:

OEM Black interior trims
Nismo 330F steering wheel NOW GOT
Nismo/ SLX clocks/ dials mixed together to have digital clock, white faces, MPH gauge and all those warning lights (which will all work)
Dial surround with 3 switches
folding mirrors
Headlight adjustment
Power Steering
Air Conditioning possibly climate control if I can find a breaker unit on Yahoo Auctions
Modify the dash pod to have a little light in the storage compartment
Refigirated glovebox
Series IIII door cards with cup holders in the door pockets, modify arm rest to go right to the end of the door
Vibration/ Sound deadener in doors
Electric windows
JDM flare holder (will source flare)
Heated seat lower centre console panel
Cruise Control
Recaro front seats with heat pads
P1 SLX rear seats with headrests, trimmed to match recro's, heated, with the switches moulded into rear super S trims
Sound deaden behind trims and roof
Non-smokers ashtray
Electric Pop out rear windows (motor from a people carrier, switch will be in 3rd location on the clock surround trim)
JDM map light with heater/fan for rear passangers
March sill kick plates
Boot plastic trim surround
Armrest from a convertable March
boot/fuel cap opening mech

Sun visors with mirrors in them

Brakes:

OEM disk brake rear axle
Mitsubishi FTO 4 pot fronts
Braided brake lines (make I am yet to decide on)
ABS (I am going to this extent, yes)
Standard brake pads

Asthetics:

Rainguards
Nismo rear spoiler
Nismo Grille
Nismo front splitter
Nismo rear splitter
Nismo side spats
Colour coded door handles
Colour coded wing mirrors (bases to stay black)
8% bronze tint in windows
JDM number plate recess
16VALVE sticker on rear window
LED rear lights
Nismo graphics (like what you find on the 350's n ****)
Apexi N1 exhaust system
SR front mudflaps
Rota Grid Drift 16x8 with slim profile Toyo's

Most importantly:
New genuine crossmember
Fully treat underneath with any welding or anything else rust related problems needed :)

You may laugh, but this will happen, have a few bits ready... getting an iphone before any of this happens haha.

This will be the last update until photo's of it's last drive as a pretty standard car.

Ta.

Big job on your hands there mate but you'd be left with a nice motor in the end:)

Do you have a price for the Quaife diff? i didnt know they did one!

With Quaife and most companies like that, they have the blueprint of a Micra gearbox but it would take a group buy for them to put it into production.

With the group buy that the Primera club did for them last year, they had to have a certain gearbox as the LSD would only fit in one (ended up been a P11 GT gearbox) so for example everyone involved here would have to have a facelift 1.0 gearbox :)

last night I won this:

mynismosteeringwheel_zps78f8d975.jpg

I miss a lot of bargans, I see auctions to parts when it's too late. However I cought this one, The seller didn't know really what he was selling, I got a bargain :)

With Quaife and most companies like that, they have the blueprint of a Micra gearbox but it would take a group buy for them to put it into production.

With the group buy that the Primera club did for them last year, they had to have a certain gearbox as the LSD would only fit in one (ended up been a P11 GT gearbox) so for example everyone involved here would have to have a facelift 1.0 gearbox :)

Cheers John, id spoken to them at the Autosport show last year but they just pointed me towards Gripper lol though the salesman did look a little fed up!

I have now got a central arm rest, non-smokers ash tray (tatty but OEM+ and cheap), electric folding mirrors and a number plate recess on the way to me :D

Like everything else... I won't be fitting them for a while, nor will I be buying anything else... what I lack in lowz and power I gain in lashings of beautiful interior kit!!!!

Yep it is, huge obsession with nismo so I had to have it, but it's going on my primera now due to this been up for sale again and it's staying for sale :(

Back