• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project Firefly

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Just randomly seen that video: that you posted earlier here but I missed it. I knew you where a member of MSC :)
Brutal!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
well finally got the dyno video up check the exhaust extractor on the 3rd run :p Should have brought the sand bags out. dont think he was expect that much power from a micra LOL

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Cool vid! Are they white Grids? They are SO win! Almost forgot to ask, what was the final power figure :D?

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Cool vid! Are they white Grids? They are SO win! Almost forgot to ask, what was the final power figure :D?
No they Rotas sprayed Honda Championship white to match the body paint. it was at the very end of the video :D

203 hp at the wheel (oops i put 205 in video Norty!)
235bhp with 16% gain :)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
the standard Almera GTi is 140bhp?

Also depending on where you go they have different gains to calculate bhp. place like TDI north use 20% gain that would make it 245bhp just at bhp-uk they like to calculate it lower. the main number is at the wheel at 203hp. so at 5psi 235bhp isn't bad if you ask me :) could up the psi but I'd rather have a stable car. Its rapid enough and on an android app that calculate your bhp base on the power to weight ratio the 0-60 was 4.9 sec obviously that's only if you can get the power down :D

mov

Site Supporter
the standard Almera GTi is 140bhp?

Also depending on where you go they have different gains to calculate bhp. place like TDI north use 20% gain that would make it 245bhp just at bhp-uk they like to calculate it lower. the main number is at the wheel at 203hp. so at 5psi 235bhp isn't bad if you ask me :) could up the psi but I'd rather have a stable car. Its rapid enough and on an android app that calculate your bhp base on the power to weight ratio the 0-60 was 4.9 sec obviously that's only if you can get the power down :D

Good power that, iirc TDI north calculate 13% gain... when i got my eg mapped and the almera dyno'd thats what they did

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
We car is running fine be tweaking the boost a little and took it to 10psi wheelspins on 1st 2nd 3rd cant get power down. and foot down on 4th and 5th the clutch was dis-engaging which isn't great. Then took it down to 8psi which was more stable but still wheelspin. So currently returned it back to 5psi. It was good to know how car I can take it before needing to upgrade tyres and clutch.

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Ok not been on for a while, been cycling to work a lot doing other stuff and basic taking it easy on the K11. Finally got a stage 3 clutch from the states and fitted. as the old was on the way out. Running great for 3 weeks and the extra strain on the already 1/2 nackard gearbox finally broke so it was back to taking the front end apart and replacing the gearbox also. The car is running sweet now since jan and there's no more clutch slip even at 10psi (but still plenty of wheel spins. )

Passed its MOT with only the 2 defects one of the front wishbones needed replacing and funnily enough, 2 new front tires that's gone bald... :p

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
good new bad news:
the bad, someone backed into my car drove off... the daft thing about this shunt I was parked in the works car park... not happy.

904794_10152363575297195_1339740143_o.jpg

The good news is i found the picture of the stage 3 clutch installed around november 2012 :D
532663_10152363574612195_585225863_n.jpg