• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project Firefly

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Hi all,

Would have posted sooner but wanted to make sure the car was on the road first :)

Finally decide to call it the Firefly Project. Here was the runner ups names:

1. Project Firefly (cos its small and black with rear LED lights)
2. Iisha project (Eye-E-sha: Just cos I think it’s a cool name, was a princess from a series from the old Dungeons and dragon cartoon)
3. Oren-Iishi project (character from kill bill, Japanese and kicks ass)
4. Black hole project (The amount of money I’ve sunk into it already lol)

Saga to date:
Bought the car on 9th of November 2009, it was that loud the first thing I did was to replace the mid/back exhaust system from AAS Performance in Newcastle. This actually made the noise more bearable but there was still the manifold and down pipe that need looking at on a later date. Only had it for a week and hardly used it. I was on my way to Manchester on the 16th Nov 09 and then to take it to a local garage my mate recommended getting a full service on the car while I was down in Manchester. After 100 miles of usages the engine blew. The recovery service said I had to get the car towed within 10miles of the nearest garage and wouldn’t take it to Manchester. So after arriving at where they suggested in Rippon near Leeds… the place was boarded up and closed down LOL. So instead of admitting their mistake they said “Ok you can take Mr Cheung Vehicle to Manchester.” So that saved me from being stranded 70miles from my destination. The first garage I went to said it was scrapped as theirs no compression on cylinder no.4 and would only change the engine over if I could get one from a scrappy, even then he said there’s no guarantee that’ll it’ll run after he puts it in. So really it sounds like he didn’t really want to touch it. Called around 4-5 scrappy and no one had a k11 1.4 coilpack engine as they are fairly rare. This really put me off. As I didn’t have time to run around looking for an engine as I have to work.

So I was about to trade it in and get a Civic type R instead, for the hassle free of finance. And posted on here to sell any parts I could ASAP. Then Frank suggested that it’s just the head gasket so ended up getting a second opinion from Kristian from K-Kustom who said the same as frank. Lucky for me K-Kustom was just down the road from Manchester near Wigan. After opening the engine block the head gasket was gone and so was about 3mm chunk off the bottom block from cylinder 3 to 4. By this point I was without the car for about 2 weeks and a wacked engine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Onto plan B manage to get a k11 1.4 coilpack engine 36k on the clock from Peter (k6pfs, top bloke), tried to get £5 off the engine and delivery as I needed the fiver for my lunch, but wouldn’t budge. So you could say he took my lunch money the bully LOL :D paid him and got the engine within 2 days. Kristian dropped the engine in on the 5thth of Dec 09 and it was running sweet. Finally got my car on the road after 4 weeks.

Drove the car for a week and the engine was tip top like new, but the manifold was loud and sounded great… except at 2500 rpm on any gear the down pipe was rubbing on the lower struts and the vibrating noise was so loud people thought I was trying to race them even though I was only doing 2.5k rpm on 5th at 60mph… LOL. Other issue was the vibration was travelling all the way up the steering column and could feel it on the steering wheel.

downpipe:
attachment.php

Kristian suggested www.humphrisoxford.co.uk so I called Mathew Humphris and he sorted me out with a mild steel janspeed manifold for next day delivery and he even thrown in some free stickers which Kristian nicked one to plaster on is window at his workshop :D.

So back to K-Kustom at the weekend 12th dec 09 as the only thing holding the exhaust up was the rear bracket and the front of the manifold, oh and the front lower struts that it was vibrating on. So now Janspeed manifold and down pipe + a mid/rear custom exhaust with silencer and some roar at when I kick it. No vibration on the steering and the car runs like a F’n DREAM!!!

So for now that’s the last of the mechanical work as the rest of the car was fine when Kristian check it out when it was on the ramp. So I’ll be tinkering on with the inside next week when I’m off on holiday for xmas :) still plenty to do but at least I have Project Firefly back on track.

Big massive Special thanks to Kristian from K-Kustom for getting the project back on the road at a decent respectable price I would so recommend him to anyone that needs mechanical/body work done to their car.

Also thanks to Peter for supplying the mint condition k11 1.4 coilpack engine.

And to Mathew Humphris for the Janspeed manifold and stickers :p

Exhaust before:
attachment.php

Exhaust after:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Car the day I got it:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Final note:
Must Admit it all turned out for the better in the end as I've got Project Firefly back on the road. I've learned more about cars in the past month than in 20 years of driving them. The best part of all of this is I found Kristian whos gonna be doing all the work on all my car in future :)

Cheers for reading

Chi

Attachments

• gasket_0249.jpg
    gasket_0249.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 2,792
  • K-Kustom_s-0313.jpg
    K-Kustom_s-0313.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 2,795
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,613
  • Micra_exhaust-1003.jpg
    Micra_exhaust-1003.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 2,640
  • Micra-1002.jpg
    Micra-1002.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 9,843
  • Micra-1012.jpg
    Micra-1012.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 2,604
  • Micra-1011.jpg
    Micra-1011.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 2,600
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,651

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Onto plan B manage to get a k11 1.4 coilpack engine 36k on the clock from Peter (k6pfs, top bloke), tried to get £5 off the engine and delivery as I needed the fiver for my lunch, but wouldn’t budge. So you could say he took my lunch money the bully LOL :D paid him and got the engine within 2 days.

Also thanks to Peter for supplying the mint condition k11 1.4 coilpack engine.

Chi

I think you will find that I gave you £15 off what I wanted for it mate, so i didnt bully you lol :wasntme: It was because the Saturday next day courier charge was £120 from mine to you, if you could have waited for a week day then it would have been half that!! But you needed it that weekend so hey.

Glad you got the car going and that all is going well for you mate.

Enjoy it (Y)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Haha pete, was just kidding really appreciated that you got the engine up and on time mate.

Yea Frank, Firefly is gonna be paying me back for a while seeing I got her back up and running 

As for plans Micras69 it’ll be kinda in this order.

Interior:
Remold the holes where the new tweeters and respray the panel.
Take out dashboard and mid console and do a respray going for a red/black look might keep the white as I do like the wheels that way. (if I gash it up its down the scrappy for a replacement dash LOL)
Replace dash bulbs with red bulbs.
Look for some nice momo steering wheel/gear knob/peddles
Get some red or maybe black/white bucket recliners
See if I can get a leather gear stick cover over the normal plastics (its missing at the moment)
Fix busted lock on driver door when it got broken into (was missing prior to buying the car)

Come spring exterior:
Maybe think about switching body kit before getting a full blow over and take out any dents/scratches.
Maybe respray the alloys

Come summer:
Hopefully by then I’ll saved enough money to change my insurance and see if I can afford a small turbo in her

Lets see if i can keep to that time frame or not :D

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
ah glad its back up and running mate was just going to text you the other day to see if it was fixed some nice plans made there i would keep the kit on as they are rather rare to come by just get the kit smoothed into the bumpers would look mint and i would keep the wheels white gets heads turning mate i must admit i did mess up the dash but i was going to get the seats reclothed in white and black leather but ran out of money just glad she is still alive

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Hey Kenny, yea its just a thought on changing the kit with one I was looking for in the first place. In two minds to get it as i do really like the kit on the car currently.

I'll prob keep the wheels white... maybe :p

Gonna be working on the inside of the car first so I'll see how I get on. Spray paints are arriving this week so let the mess begin LOL. Will keep you all posted :)

kristian

One Way Mule
Yo,

Top bloke Chi...!!!

Nice to see another K11 back in fine form..

Looking forward to see further changes. Sporting some k-kustom stickers now.

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Slow Dash Bash!!!

With the current heavy snow and cold weather I decide to leave the K11 off the road for a few days, so instead I’ve got my screw driver out and attempt to remove the dash. In order gear console, mid console, glove box, speedo cover, speedo, tweeters and column… then trouble came. Had to remove the indicator/light from steering wheel, which wasn’t to bad all removed with a screwdriver… BUT dam steering wheel is in the way so had to head out to Wilkinsons and get a set of Alan keys small enough to fit (why couldn’t they use one that you get in Ikea? Gah!!!)

Making a start:
attachment.php

Take lots of photos to remember where the screws are:
attachment.php

Beat by a a stupid alan key on the steering wheel!!!:
attachment.php

Started to get dark and I’m out on the off street parking area. So decided to call it a day…. Or is it? Back inside after the getting the kids to sleep, it was time to deploy the Milliput, Something I've used many years ago for modeling and remolding sculptures. Tweeters on the dash columns are oval’ish from what I remember and the ones I have are round so masked the tweeters, filed the strag ends on the dash column, mixed the milliput and start to sculpt a circle (fingers cross it fits in tomorrow lol)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

When I removed the left dash column I snapped it, fear not time to superglue it together and hold it in place with masking tape... then when dry to milliput that suckers back together as well just to give extra strength ☺

Superglue:
attachment.php

Masking Tape:
attachment.php

Milliput:
attachment.php

Ok so far so good, just need to wait 4 hours for em to set and file them flat if needed. Got some family things to do tomorrow morning and hopefully have the spray paint out in the afternoon if the weather holds out. Sorry no booth spraying it’s all going to be out door graffiti style…

Gear stick console had a hole due to a security lock which is now removed so instead of buying a new one from the scrappy I've milliput that hole aswell LOL

attachment.php

…Lets see if my old Air brush skills and multicolour snot after using one come into affect when I start the spraying ☺

Attachments

• Micra_Dash_Removal-1012.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1012.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 2,424
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1010.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1010.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2,346
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1009.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1009.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 2,417
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1004.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1004.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2,325
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1001.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1001.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 2,350
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1003.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1003.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,301
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1005.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1005.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,326
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1006.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1006.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,395
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1007.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1007.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,377
  • Micra_Dash_Removal-1008.jpg
    Micra_Dash_Removal-1008.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,340
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Oh and Kritian, I'll post some pictures of your new stickers tomorrow and thanks for the tip about the Alan Key to Steering wheel issue :)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Primed the dash today with halfrauds primer, the spray head for that was so bad had a few streaks so swaped it out for one of my special spray heads. Managed to get that bit done time to spray some parts red when i got round to doing the black it started to get dark again!!! lucky i got it all done in time, wasn't to bad spraying outdoors just had to keep the mosture off the bits while i sprayed:

Road Kill:
attachment.php

Got all the all the bits inside after spraying them. In the hallway, wife looks well chuffed I blocked the door to the down stairs loo :p

attachment.php

Spray paint from a graffiti shop Graff-City.com got the Molotow brand. Colours where 'Signal black' and 'Tornado Red' also got some different spray heads. found the pink dot one had great coverage for the dash and all the other parts.

Reason for using graffiti spray paint is that it goes onto just about anything the paint is far superior to car spray paint cans and its cheaper aswell. manage to spray all the bits in black with 2 cans and the red with 1 can.

attachment.php

Rather chuffed with my first dash board sprayage. hopefully I didn't kill the grass in the garden :p

Fingers cross i can put it all back together tomorrow.

Attachments

• Micra_Dash_spray-1002.jpg
    Micra_Dash_spray-1002.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,298
  • Micra_Dash_spray-1003.jpg
    Micra_Dash_spray-1003.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,320
  • Micra_Dash_spray-1004.jpg
    Micra_Dash_spray-1004.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 2,245
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Red Light District!!!

Couldn't see my dash earlier in the day light and just remembered I replaced the bulbs. so here's a quick picture of it.

attachment.php

Red to go with my red dash :)

Also this evening I've been remolding a new latch for my stereo as the face keeps flipping down as its not catching properly fingers cross I've fixed it. If not I'm gonna superglue the sucker on HARD!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,324
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Thanks Kenny.

Well wanted to give it another coat of black now I can see in the morning day light. 2 problems one its raining and I'm out of black spray paint. Had to put it back together as even if i order more paint it wouldn't arrive in time for new year. So slowly put the car back and found a screw that as between the window and dash so that will sort out the rattling behind the dash.

I'll take the dash off when the weather gets better and I have more time. But till then I'm happy with what I have at the moment and the red dash lights goes well I think :)

I was thinking man how can someone miss a screw when putting the dash back together... ermm but I've still got around 5 extra screws LOL so much of taking pictures and reverse re-screw em back :D seems solid enough though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the new K-Kustom stickers on the trims and rear window :) I'm sure that and the red interior has given me an extra 8bhp lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2,175
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,226
  • IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,210
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 13,186
  • IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 6,631
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Cheers guys.

Yea Tom I is need of some bucket recliners, even though its my project car, I'll prob need to pick the kids up now and then and dont fancy em imprinting their little foot prints on my seats to get into the back :D so reliners it is :)

I've spoted some red recliners on Fleebay and prob order them after I get my MOT in Jan, so dont fancy spending anymore till then.

Have a good xmas everyone and i'll update the blog in the new year!

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Bucket Recliners

Time for an update again, passed my MOT so with my 12 months DIY pass. It was time to get down to work.

Items:
Bucket recliners
Leather gaiter which was for a 200sx.
Momo Steering Wheel.

So down to K-Kustom to get some welding done. ZAP!

attachment.php

While Kristian and PJ was welding the rails to the new seats, i was busy with my spray paint can and finish off the rest of my dash with graffiti paint. (thanks to K-Kustom for letting me spray inside the workshop.)

Kristian also fabricated the gaiter for the gear shift. I was well chuffed with the result.

attachment.php

The drive home was amazing the seats are position and mounted nicely and its was more comfortable than my old seat which has seen 90k miles, remolded by the previous 4 owners :) which didn't agree with me.

I should have more updates in the next week or two so stay tuned :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Micra_Seat-2923.jpg
    Micra_Seat-2923.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 2,027
  • Micra_Seat-2921.jpg
    Micra_Seat-2921.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,032
  • Micra_Seat-2901.jpg
    Micra_Seat-2901.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,097
  • Micra_Seat-2912.jpg
    Micra_Seat-2912.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 2,047
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I’m really chuffed with the result so far as well, it feels like a new car and people that’s been in the car though the dash looked factory fitted. So big chuff’dee badge for me :D Also being an ex-sports photographer helps to make the photos of the car look better than it actually is lol

Car is actually back at Kristians for its MOT fixes today. Also getting some small things done visually and a mock fit of my new body kit. Really wish I was there to see them fit it but couldn’t get the time off work :(

I’m actually still well within the budget I set myself so after these changes I’m be saving up the rest of my budget for the turbo in summer :) Also longer term I’ll be thinking of a full re-spray but that’ll be more like spring 2011.

Only other thing between now and the turbo would be a dyno run just to see what this bird is pushing.

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
MOT passed and the kit fitted is...

Yes got the MOT with some minor fixes.

Ok now first thing to go on was the Honda integra Type R gear knob.

attachment.php

Then a few days later i was back at K-Kustom for a mock fit of my body kit, that was fun... look interesting black on white bumper haha.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

All went well with the fitting. So was driving with out any kit for 4 days while it was it was getting painted. Felt naked and I'm sure people where steering clear of my car like it had the plague, i think they where scared incase my bumper flew off and smash their bonet haha.:laugh: The alloys had to come off so fitted my new red Alu wheel nuts on.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Back at K-Kustom for final fit... it was looking good and its the first wald kit I've seen in black. So enough talking and heres a bunch of pictures on the evening of the fit. We could see the water bottle though the kit with its plastic white and green liquid inside. so got my graffiti spray paint out again and gave the bottle a once over... better.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The following day, i did a quick photoshoot outdoor just to see how it looks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ok this will be the last of the update on the Firefly for a little while. Done everything I want to make her ship shape. I'm more than happy for now.:laugh:

Attachments

• Micra_Wald_mashed_bumper-3663.jpg
    Micra_Wald_mashed_bumper-3663.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,853
  • Micra_Wald_mockfit-3665.jpg
    Micra_Wald_mockfit-3665.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,890
  • Micra_Wald_mashed_bumper-3672.jpg
    Micra_Wald_mashed_bumper-3672.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,859
  • Micra_Wald_mockfit-3680.jpg
    Micra_Wald_mockfit-3680.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,877
  • Micra_Wald-3724.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3724.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,855
  • Micra_Wald-3719.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3719.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,910
  • Micra_Wald-3718.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3718.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,830
  • Micra_Wald-3723.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3723.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,873
  • Micra_Wald-3689.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3689.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,878
  • Micra_Wald-3720.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3720.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,818
  • Micra_Wald_mockfit-3681.jpg
    Micra_Wald_mockfit-3681.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1,812
  • Micra_Wald-3721.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3721.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,796
  • Micra_Wald-3722.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3722.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,811
  • Micra_Wald_mockfit-3677.jpg
    Micra_Wald_mockfit-3677.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,858
  • Micra_Wald-3710.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3710.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,841
  • Micra_Wald-3707.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3707.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Micra_Wald-3705.jpg
    Micra_Wald-3705.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 338

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Looks great! But the only thing with it being black I actually can't see the bumpers haha.
I'm guessing it's the same kit that's on Kristians micra?

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Looks great! But the only thing with it being black I actually can't see the bumpers haha.
I'm guessing it's the same kit that's on Kristians micra?

lol yes its the same Wald kit as kristians because its newly painted its like a black hole sucks in all the light haha. ok brighten up a couple of the pics so you can see it better :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Micra_Wald_light-3724.jpg
    Micra_Wald_light-3724.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,775
  • Micra_Wald_light-3720.jpg
    Micra_Wald_light-3720.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 5,969
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Thanks Miji & Hoodedreeper :)

Been busy with work busting ma chops, so not been on here very often.

Got the week off and going away so only a small update: Leaving car with Kristian to sort out some rust and work on some smaller bits and bob while im away. so nothing major but I'll be doing another photoshoot of my car when i get back so hopefully have some pictures in a couple of weeks :)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Wald Kit Grill Mesh

nothing major just new mesh on the wald kit, as it was a bit empty without anything. Also new tip for exhaust to match the kit. so enough talk heres some pics :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wald_Kit_Grill-12&#4.jpg
    Wald_Kit_Grill-12&#4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,382
  • Wald_Kit_Grill-10&#4.jpg
    Wald_Kit_Grill-10&#4.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,608
  • Wald_Kit_Grill-04&#4.jpg
    Wald_Kit_Grill-04&#4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,573
  • Wald_Kit_Grill-03&#4.jpg
    Wald_Kit_Grill-03&#4.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,576
OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Square in Japan

Got new official UK square plates with legal font size and spacing, not really japanese size plate/fonts but I like it way better than what i had before :)

Place i went to get them made ran out so waited till they got some in. It was towards the end of the day after work when i picked them up and the sun was going down so decided to do a quick photoshoot of the car. hmmm needs a wash lol :) hopefuly from this distance you cant see the muck on it :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• Micra Square Plat&#1.jpg
    Micra Square Plat&#1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5,840

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
i think that kit would look loads better on a pre-face lift as the kit is more of a box and the 2nd facelift is more round with more curves

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
I really like the kit gives the car a much more aggissive stance aswell as being JDM :) its prob the round edges of the lights you dont like, might get brows like what Kristian has done with his.

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/32132-Remember-this

although I'm really happy with the kit so far. my only issue is that how good the paint work is on it compared the the rest of the car with its scratches etc :( might needs a blow over or a new colour later. Next stop would be to get a turbo fitted it've already got one but just waiting for the right moment to get it installed. fingers cross maybe in 2-3 months time.

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
judging by the sounds of things your well impressed with your bumpers from kristian! they must be the originals because whoever he got to do my copies was a joke!didnt roll out any are bubbles and a month in the front and rear are full of holes! its always good to take your care to the bodydhop straight after its come from one!

but seriously your car looks top..i love the red wheel nuts and looks like a tidy standard throughout :grinning:

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Hi Glen, the back box was a custom made one from a company called AAS performance in Newcastle. it’s got a silencer at low rev's so not to wake the dead at night but gives a bit of a grunt when kicking it. I'll see about setting up a recording of the engine sound :)

Hey Bl4lr, when i first got mines from kristian I smashed 1/2 the paint off after i zoomed pass a gritter at 90mph in the first week. it was raining heavy and i wasn't paying attention was like hitting an asteroid field :( So i told Kristian that my old Civic type R had what the garage at the time called "Teflon coating" so kristian repainted it and applied some special paint resin (dunno the name) and a couple of layers of lacquer. been driving it around without a hitch now. the resin was divinity worth the extra cost for sure

The red wheelnuts are light weight allows, suppose to help with fuel eco. not sure if i've notice much difference mind but they match the interior red lol

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Ok though it was about time I did an update. So far since last summer there's been a lot happening. I'll run through it as quickly as I can: Redundancies; at uni for a year doing a masters degree; starting up a new business while at uni. So as you can see I've a lot on my plate.

Not done much with the old firefly, shes failed her MOT with 1 broken front bulb (loose wire), rear fogs out and 2 bald rear tyres (which I knew about anyways) I said to the MOT guy "Hey its not that bad then." he replies "Yea when you brought it in I though it be much worse" cheeky git lol

got 2 new tyres, Toyo 195/50/15R from camskill.co.uk for under £33 each and delivery for all 4 was only £10!!! so shes passed her MOT and on the road for another year. YAY!

Come summer I'll be taking out the dash for another respray in black but I'll look for a mat black this time. Also some of the smaller dash parts which I skipped on putting primer on is starting to flake (that will learn me to be cheap) I think thats why the guy at the MOT though it was gonna fall apart lol.

If the new business takes off I'll be looking into getting my HKS top mount turbo kit fitted summer/autumn time. I really want to get this in as it'll be a year over due from when I wanted to have it fitted. I was only 2 months away from getting it fitted when the redundancy kicked in last year :(

Thats all I've got as an update for now will fill you all in if anything else comes up. :)

Oh one last thing the central locking is busted on the alarm button but I suspect its a loose wire somewhere. somthing to look into in summer when i respray the dash :)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
OK seeing the sun is out I decided to do a video on the engine sound on 1st and 2nd gear so not to break any speed limits on a country lane :)

The rasping with the janspeed manifold is almost all gone now and its gives a lovely grunt. heres a quick video

http://youtu.be/xDXG2Kl2Q8g

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Thanks 6.5x55 :)

The heating element has a crack and is leaking engine coolant into the passgener bay.

But while i was getting that replaced I got hooked with some honda boys to get the car resprayed championship white :D time to inform DLVA I think. Should get it back in 2 weeks time cant wait and I'll be posting images up when its done :)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Thanks mattjo, I got the set on ebay for around £20-30 for a full set If I recall. They aluminum and ultra light. Although the colour fade, so for a while they where pink lol they now aluminum with a slight red tint. Because they are soft if you use a wheelnut drill and don't put it on correctly they can twist. so have one slightly twisted nut. still able to screw them on. When I say light its like a a difference between a full can of coke to an empty one. (well you get the idea) :)

On ebay i went for the slightly cheaper version so not sure if the more expensive one holds it colour.

ah ok found them here :) they look better quality than the ones i bought just make sure its 12x1.25 hmm might have to get a new set, these look proper anodized. Think i got ripped off :p

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from...cing+Wheel+Lug+Nuts&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Tidy car! where dd you get your wheel nuts from? did they fit on std studs?
cheers.(Y)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Ok some crazy stuff been happening my k11 sprayed championship white and a new SR20DE (well old actually) transplant. Engine is in and thanks to Kevin from Sky Insurance for members discount and a great quote. Only thing left to do its get the wiring done. Will be running it on a dyno next month so see what it'll be pushing. hoping to have it on the road this Saturday if all goes to plan. the alloys have been blown over in championship white also to match the body work. Prep the car for respray, it was hard work but worth the effort to keep cost down.

So selling the 1.4 CGA3 coilpack engine and manifold off in the buy n sell section. :)

Heres some picture of work in progress from last week I'll upload some more pictures later. Oh and we went a bit mental with the cam cover :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• K11_Firefly-S-4542.jpg
    K11_Firefly-S-4542.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,089
  • K11_Firefly-S-4553.jpg
    K11_Firefly-S-4553.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • k11-5933.jpg
    k11-5933.jpg