• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

project: Banzai

well as few of you may know i have owned pork's old k10 for a while now an she served me well for a few months until my right foot managed to do this to the car
DSCF2133.jpg

and it threw a con rod in magnificent style so after a bit of searching an begging i managed to get a MA12 from ed at fusion motorsports who was more than helpful to me an i managed to fit the MA12 over a week on the road outside my house but was a bit of a bugger doing it by myself without a engine crane o_O after the conversion she had massive power with the MA12 on cbr600 carbs it would spin up into second and then the clutch/gearbox went so atm she is sitting in my garage awaiting many ideas i have for her whilst she is off the road so here is the list

to do
engine/mechanical
  • new clutch
  • reground camshaft
  • rolling road to sort fueling
  • water leak (looks like a knackered water pump)
  • rev limiter
  • 4-2-1 mani and buddy club spec 2 rep exhaust
  • polished or CF carb trumpets
aesthetics and looks
  • polish an paint minilites
  • polish rocker cover
  • bonnet raisers
  • custom doorcards
  • paint dash
  • rev counter
  • bucket seats
  • harnesses
  • wash the interior
  • paint primer spots and boot
paint engine bay
I.C.E
  • 5.25" component door speakers
  • slim sub
  • 4 channel amp
  • mono amp
this is it for now it wont be done all at once but over time but i shall keep all up dated now time for a bit of photo whoring
393767_2714264570217_1065029191_2833021_1910711149_n.jpg
542470_3775241733983_1202912405_n_zps98feafc6.jpg
560882_3987491680099_1537465055_n_zps80d6b26d.jpg

any comments an criticism welcome
many thanks
Ben

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
You got big carbs on the car but have you fitted a bigger fuel pump? You might also need a restrictor as well. My friend who runs cbr600 carbs ran his at 7psi and it ran alot better but according to him the older style cbr600 carbs run at 3psi. I would also advise getting a sports clutch for it aswell just to be safe.

I always wanted to know what happened to porks old K10, I loved that car its a very cool micra indeed. Also is that a Nisssan steering wheel as it looks the same as my Super S one?

EDIT: Just looking at your picture and did you do the engine swap on the side of the road? If so I give you props for that.

OP
OP
benandy92
I had never thought of a bigger fuel pump but I may now invest in one thanks mate :) an yea I've been a bit quiet on this forum tbh no particular reason tho an its a nardi personal steering wheel the nicest one I've ever had an yea my mate helped me get the engine out but I put it back in by my self with a bar an some rope and some sheer brute strength lol I lifted the engine in by myself and that was by no means fun aha
Would you also be able to point me in the direction to get a sports clutch aswell many thanks

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Yeah read up on bogg brothers mate, they are pros at bike carb conversions. I know that total vauxhall did a page about bike carbs and a ford mag as well. The K10 engines arnt that heavy but to do it on your own must have been a right bitch.

I remember seeing sport clutches on dcperformace.

pork

Club Member
Ooo yea please pork is love some trumpets what size an yea she is still alive lol
They are jus the standard ones that should of been on the carbs originally, due to my last set being beyond repair, I've had to buy another set, so got some spare

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
I can beat all of that :p Not being big headed but my drive is mud with a load of stones put on top of it. You cant even put a car on axle stands without the car sinking. A sheet of wood doesnt work as it just slides on the stones. The only time you can put a car on a jack or stands is when it hasnt been raining for a good week and its been sunny.

lol_zpsf1ba9a60.jpg

Yes my brother got bored and put his RX7 spoiler on my little K10..

pork

Club Member
I can beat all of that :p Not being big headed but my drive is mud with a load of stones put on top of it. You cant even put a car on axle stands without the car sinking. A sheet of wood doesnt work as it just slides on the stones. The only time you can put a car on a jack or stands is when it hasnt been raining for a good week and its been sunny.

lol_zpsf1ba9a60.jpg

Hahahah, keep it on

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member

I know that pain! My driveway is almost the same, tried to jack my car up to take a wheel off so I could gain access to the fog light once and the more I turned the handle the more the bottom of the jack just went into the ground and the car stayed where it was!

mas12555 said:

It's look like mircaeroplane looool

OP
OP
benandy92
Wicked cheers pork they will be great an roadside modding just proves dedication lol its much better now I managed to rent a garage