Progress Report on Dan's K10

Looks impressive and very different. However im not to keen on the bonnet, think it would look better with a standard k10 bonnet and a k10 open mouth grill.Very nice though.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Titch said:
Btw - this thread has made Barry Boys :(

lol A car this heavily modified is bound to get on there, yours did :p hehe

I'l race ya to Ed once the engine is in ;) - bye bye MA09ERT ;)

What engine plans have you got Micra Man?

Arnold

Looking good. The only thing i would say is widen the track at the rear to complete the wide look as the wheels sit too far inside the arch at the mo

:)

B

Ben

i think titch sed earlier on in the thread

theyve even had a go at stu's car as well coz its go the brava lights - micra pete had to have his dig and i think MTB made a post too

Big_ben said:
i think titch sed earlier on in the thread

theyve even had a go at stu's car as well coz its go the brava lights - micra pete had to have his dig and i think MTB made a post too

Yeh its a shame they've started to abuse Stu's car as his is very nice. But as much as i hate to say it in a way i agree with them with regards to the K10.

Yes i appreciate all of the work that has gone into and its just my opinion but i feel too much has been done and its been ruined a bit. :(

But i do look forward to seeing the completed product.

Edit:- My cars just been put on there too. Booger :O

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18375&highlight=

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
my car was on there once lol that forum is so stupid, a group of people with nothing better to do than slate cars, get a life! lol

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
They were all bullied at school. Its just a way for them to feel as if they have had some importance in life.

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Lol, cheers Pete. :p But really it doesn't bother me what they say. They don't even know me so how they can actually judge me from my car is beyond me!!! :) Just changing the V5 as we speak lol. :p

Also, to add, the photos by no means do this car justice!!! It looks so much better when you see it in the flesh, and it does still have some finishing off to be done. It can only really look better than it does now lol, but with the rain on the car it kinda spoiles the pictures a bit. Really does look so much better in the flesh though, and I'm over the moon with it hehe. :D Not to fussed what the fools on BB's think, as I'm more than happy with it. ;)

Pete

Site Supporter
lol people don't like criticism do they? Dan's a grown up, I think he can take the fact that people don't like the style without crying to someone about it.

Alot of the BB members are just trying to impress by jumping on the bandwagon. As i've said, Dan's micra isn't really to my taste but i'm sure it is what he wants. If your not confident enough to take criticism then i doubt you'd drive a car so overtly modified.

Will people stop getting me and micra_pete confused, Micra pete is called micra pete.

When the car is done I would like to see it face to face.

Petey

R

RIK

you cannot say BB is criticism,,,its taking the wee wee and everyone knows it

thats why it was made to have a laugh at other people expence

lol,,long live BB

Pete

Site Supporter
lol maybe there is an element of that but tbh most of them deserve it. If I see a car that doesn't deserve it I say so.

anyway this thread is for Dan to show us his car, not for me to defend BB's.

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Dans car is pure greatness, at least he has gone to the effort of modifing a car all the way... not giving up when it get tough, those loosers aint got a clue about modifing a car, who are they to disrespect somebodys hard-work...

Dan...I think your car is brilliant and im sure one day your'l be running a bloodly nice engine under that hood!!

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Barryboys is for loser's... what that site represents is very sad.

Dan - I think Your K10 is very good, who cares what anyone else thinks, I certainly dont care about wot people like/dont like about my car.

I would like a K10 like yours one day, doubt it will happen but still.

Dan...I think your car is brilliant and im sure one day your'l be running a bloodly nice engine under that hood!!

he is, a rebuilt MA12

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
I would never do my car like that no, not that i dont like it, but because i dont like driving highly modified cars...

But i dont sit here taking the #### out of others hard work, thats what anoys me when they find it funny using peoples hard work as a joke...

But they dont find it funny, sitting on a site ALL DAY mouthing of peoples cars!!

BB_Dick's Last Ten Posts:

"Eww"
"Thats Horrible..."
"...Yuck"

k11stew

Ex. Club Member
woohoo my micra made barryboys again!!

thats twice with the same car...im over the moon!!

funny as funk that site like!

as long as its clear which micra had the brava lights first

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Thanks for the comments. :) Yeah the engine wasn't in the best of states when we took it apart, hoping that it is sorted now though. :s As long as the car does me well for next years shows etc, then I see no reason why I couldn't put an sr20de in there this time next year. :) Apart from money of course lol. :p Yeah Stew, yours was the first, kinda the reason why I chose to follow suit. I do think they suit the k11 better, but even on a k10 they look so much better than the ugly standard lights lol. :)

I understand that not everyone will like the car and that is kool, I built it for me not anyone else. Obviously its nice that people do like it but there's no point in trying to please everyone, as at the end of the day, I modifyed it for myself. :) And personally... I love it!!! :D

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
what problems are you having mate? have the electric become damp? considering the state its in (interiror totally stripped i mean) just replace the entrie loom wouldnt really take long ;)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Lol, thats what we are doing I think now mate. :) Just earth's I think, and with the amount of stuff that has been sat in the car and yes as you say with it been outside in the damp for so long it seems to be giving us a few problems with allsorts lol. :s The inidicators that have been wired in are very temperemental and the alarm is about there I think lol, but yeah think its new loom time. :) Wayne's started a job now though so not as much time to do it as before.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
im sure eve you could do it mate just run the right wires into the engine bay all the rest is inside the car, give it a go mate you may suprise yourself how easy it is, ive done it myself before :D

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Eeh cheek lol!!! I'm sure I could do it too mate lol. :p Yeah would probably get the car back and finish it myself if I had the time, I'm just busy with uni at the moment, as you can tell from me been on here constantly haha. :laugh:

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
lol meant no offence mate :p he he just hurry up and finsih it! im getting impaitent, arnt you finding life hard without a car?

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
I'm driving our lasses for now, so its not too bad. :) Just a pain paying out insurance though lol, but never mind... shouldn't be for too much longer now!!! :D

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Just a quick update for you all. Not massive amounts of progress lately due to the paint shop not been able to get paints, Wayne now working full time, and the weather, which even in the garage hasn't helped too much. However, we now have paints, or will do tonight when I go and get them. Also have bought a 2nd car for spares, which I will rip the electrics out of and replace them in my car, which should sort the electrics problem out easily enough. Bodywork is now mostly done apart from a few touch ups, so just needs that finishing and electrics doing. Will also be stripping the 2nd car so if anybody wants any bits, let me know. :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Haha, my 3rd LS I believe, I haven't even seen it yet though lol. Will get info. spec tonight though, although will probably make seperate topic about it. Tempted to keep it as a little project car for me to play abotu with next year though, as its only the g'box thats knackered on it.

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Another quick update for you all. Went up to Wayne's the other night and got the loom out of the donor car, and replaced it all, fitted it in the beast all within two hours on Monday night, so pretty chuffed with that. The new car is looking a little sorry for itself now though, especially since the garage door fell on it lol. :s Progress is still quite slow though with Wayne working, :( but not much left to do now. :) Other car will be scrapped when we have got what we want off it.

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Aint been up since the beginning of the week mate, but as far as I know electrics are well on the way, according to Wayne I'd be surprised with how much he has done, however he won't tell me what he has done, so may go up there tonight and inspect lol. Wiring loom was put on beginning of the week though so not massive amounts to do though. And apart from a few bits of bodywork, the car is looking amazing. :D So can not wait to get it back now though, the tension is killing me lol!!! :eek: