• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Progress Report on Chris Batch's 2.0 SR20DE conversion

O

ohc_turbo

what flywheel are you using??, why didnt you use a s14 clutch? or a n14 gtir clutch?, the 4x4 box on the pulsar is basically like a FWD box with a transfer box on the back so i cant see any problem using it, problem solved.

nismo almera, i wish a step up from a 2.5 to a 3 would give me 30bhp

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
The reason for not using the S14 clutch or GTiR clutch is that the input shaft is different on the SR20 FWD gearbox, hence it will not work properly.

The SR20DET cries out for a 3" system...proven many times that it is benificial for making more power.

P.S. I mapped my car yesterday and it made 409 BHP @ 7000 rpm & 322 lbft @ 6500...woohoo!!!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Neil (I think), Depending on how restrictive the exhaust system is its entirely possible that you could get a 30bhp gain.

O

ohc_turbo

thats a shame that the input shaft is diffrent, i can see why you are using p10 clutch now.

i know the sr20det loves a exhaust, maybe a full tubular manifold with 3" exhaust etc. will get a 30bhp gain but i doubt i would get much more of a gain from chaging from my 2.5 straight though unless i was doing the boost for it. when the guy installed it it was so tight to get under and over the rear stabilisers etc. that i dont think i could have got away with a 3" unfortunatly. i have a HNU12 not a N14 so there might be diffrences.

Pete

Site Supporter
So that'd be contraviening a no entry sign, driving an ininsured, untaxed motorvehicle on the highway :p

Careful who see's that. nice to see it move tho.

hehehe. naughty.
love the fact that you breathed a dirty puff of exhaust into a noncy car flying double st-george flags... bow down biatch

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
It feels lovely, just a shame the clutch is letting it down. As soon as i get that JGY jobby it should pull a hell of a lot better...which'll be cool :)

Batch i cant see the video it say "This file no longer exists"can u email it for me pretty please? [email protected]

loved the picture i have a K10 and its still NA,i live in lebanon and ive asked arround 2find som1 who did this converstion but i always get deceived!So im happy that u hve done the conversation..im comin to england over chrismas mybe i cud drop by and hve a look that if you dt Mind..So happy ba ur work cause im planing to do the same work to ma car.
cheers mate
waiting a reply from u!

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Unfortunately it's currently stored for a while until i can get the time to put some finishing touches to it...don't think it'll be ready this show season, should be next. Gutted really, thought it'd all come together before now. Living down in Oxford away from home has really restricted me in terms of getting time to work on it :(

batch..dude i was in englnd for ma chrismas holiday thought to pop and check ur car cuz i hve a k10,and im planining to do the same conversation now dmn it im bk to Lebanon.

cuz i spend my holiday with my fiance..i was looking forward to see ur project little more closer,so anyway do you have any video more pictures?cause the video in here didnt work keep saying file doesnt excist!

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Afraid not, now the Project car is in it's little bed at the storage center :( until i can get it back on the road when i move back to the Midlands it's sleeping.....for now :)

dmn it,u dont even have anyvideo of ur car runing?how many hp?wud it beat a Scooby?(not a modified one)wot suspension have you used?the primera ones?

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Coilovers on the front, Nissan Pulsar ones, height adjustable.

The rears are standard at the moment but i have just purchased some Mk2 Golf rear Coilovers, Koni adjustables to put on the back. I seem to remember Nicon (old memember) posting that they are pretty much an exact match, although i haven't offered them up yet, they'll probably need some tweeking here and there.

As for beating a Scooby.....couldn't say, i'd hope so. It's running about the same BHP in a much much lighter car, so i should at least offer a challenge. Doubt i'd get anywhere near around the twistys but i shall enjoy giving it a go when it finally graces the tarmac.

Running approx 230-240 BHP currently (un-substanciated currently)

Are you English dj_soul?

No im not english,but my fiance is and ma cousin is,im lebanese duno if have you heard of lebanon..how about the driveshaft wot have you used? pulsar one.primera? do u get them shorteen?

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
We've used Almera GTi driveshafts as they were a direct fit between the Primera Box and Pulsar hubs, there was some shortening required. I'd consider carbon fibre shafts if i ever did something like this again, as they can be developed from scratch and have a far greater rotational strength than steel (and are obviously lighter).

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Here is a very accurate technical drawing:

hubshenanigans.jpg

hopefully it makes some sense...

thx everyone is helpin inhere!

batch is the engine from suni gti-r? with Almera GTi driveshafts,Primera gearBox ...wot else wot ecu?can list wot have you used plz .
thxalote

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Pulsar GTi-R engine

Nissan Primera 2.0GT Phase 3 Gearbox (can take power)

Nissan Primera 2.0GT Phase 3 Clutch (cannot take power) I have been advised that the best way to go is an aftermarket JGY Street Clutch, however altering the flywheel again and driveshafts could allow fitting of a Sunny GTi Gearbox and clutch which might allow more aftermarket options in terms of running gear.

Standard ECU currently, however i am seriously considering having a complete aftermarket ECU fitted from scratch to control everything, will make mapping it all a whole lot easier as there are some peripherals that are not connected to the engine which might cause later problems (not sure what these peripherals are). For instance currently it idles quite high, i don't know whether this is due to a vaccum leak or because there might be the odd part that isn't connected that should be.

Almera GTi Hubs and calipers

Pulsar discs and pads

Rose Jointed wishbone arms (adjustable camber to 1-2 Degrees)

Pulsar Coilovers front - Golf coilovers for the rear (when i get around to fitting them!)

Boot mounted Battery

Custom Turbo and intercooler piping (to be replaced)

AutoBahn front mounted intercooler (not sure of size but feggin' big, currently takes up 1/2 of the front of the car!)

Customized engine mounting points

As far as i can remember this is all that was adapted/fitted to get the block in.

As for performance parts currently (fitted + not fitted) i have:

HKS Air Filter
Bailey's dump valve
Malpassi Fuel pressure regulator
Obviously full s/s exhaust system
As previously mentioned FB'FMIC

Shouldn't think i'll get much more than that fitted as it'll be fast enough ;)

Estimated bhp: 240
Estimated 0-60: 5.1 (Just a rough guess, could go either way)

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
There were 3 different engine models across the ages in that shell. Slightly differing power/torque figures.

Think mine was classed as a Phase 3 'High Lift', but can't remember, it was someone on the NPOC forums who discussed it with me as at the time i was buying an eGT ignition system to try and by-pass the Primera NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System)....it didn't work. Those 4 letters are a rather large bone of contention with me.....'i hate them so much' (in the voice of Borat).

As for 240, yeah it may well be a little conservative but due to age of the engine, possible missing parts etc etc. I'd rather be conservative and plesantly surprised than optimistic and dissapointed!

:p

oh comon..it was a K10!!1litter engine mybe 50hp stock,so now u havin 240hp that a huge thing !theirs some scooby i want to #### them!!theirs a blue one,that guy #### me off,it wud be good 2give him a run,cuz u knw how it feels when they look down on you..hey by the way wot do u think of golf vr6..2.9litter?cuz i was think of selling ma k10 by the way its 1500pound in lebanon cause car here are expensive i knw in england you can get it by 100quid..So wot do you think of getting a vr6?do u hve anyfriend that owns one,or have you been in one?cuz today one passed thru me,it had a turbo it was freakin fast..i have a mercedes 230c Komprossor..its 190hp and im happy to #### those bmw its abt 0-60 6,5sec ...ma friend have a 745bmw v8 ######ed him..he was really deceived from his newcar..anyway its long message i think..hey do you msn?wots ur addy

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Yeah sorry i'm here, don't get chance to come online very often due to work etc.

Don't really do MSN either, don't have time or finger dexterity! lol

When i get my net connection sorted down here i'll let you know what my MSN address is and then we can talk, not sure when thet'll be though.

I'm useless!

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
They're pretty good, get it supercharged and you've got a beast of a car! Some i've seen pretty much destroy everything with 4 wheels.

Either that or VTEC turbo...only way to go :)

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Seen them go.....really is quite ridiculous!

The VTEC pretty much crams as much petrol in as your right foot wants....and the turbo is only too happy to provide the constant flow of compressed air!!

It's a brilliant combination...if not a little thirsty for the juice. :)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
in this months banzai there is a small article from some halfords guys, (hi there) that are planning on putting a Toyota MR2 Turbo engine in a micra...... and then next to it is a pic of raceworx red "im as low as i can possible ever be ever !!!" micra........

but MR2 TURBO in a micra...... mmmm

Antony

Ex. Club Member
evading the sware filter and straying off topic can earn yourself a ban my friend... i would edit that post asap.

and please dont use TXT speach.... im sure you have been warned about this before...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Too late was spotted. DJ_soul you now have 5 warning points, another 5 and you'll face a minimum of a 7 day ban. We come down hard on this, its totally not acceptable on the MSC.