Problems with new radio after replacing radio

So I have exchanged the radio for a shop brought single din with a flip up screen and was hoping to move the car computer screen down and put this new radio into the top slot. Unfortunately I found that the aperture was a different size. I think that with a dremmil type machine it would have been possible to make it fit, but you would not be able to put the original radio back in when it comes to selling it without replacing the radio housing.

But the issue that I have ended up with is with the new radio that when I turn off the car the radio will be fine if left off for less than 24hrs. However leave the car off for longer than this and then the new radio will not turn on it’s completely dead. I have to take out the radio and separate the ISO connector block at the back before it will work however I will have lost all stations and internal memory. I don’t believe that the connector is at fault because the drive computer still works. The clock and date keep working but the new radio is dead!!!! And as said it works some of the time just not if left The new radio worked in another car of mine just not the Nissan if left turned off for a long time.

Does anyone know what may be wrong?

So I have exchanged the radio for a shop brought single din with a flip up screen and was hoping to move the car computer screen down and put this new radio into the top slot. Unfortunately I found that the aperture was a different size. I think that with a dremmil type machine it would have been possible to make it fit, but you would not be able to put the original radio back in when it comes to selling it without replacing the radio housing.

But the issue that I have ended up with is with the new radio that when I turn off the car the radio will be fine if left off for less than 24hrs. However leave the car off for longer than this and then the new radio will not turn on it’s completely dead. I have to take out the radio and separate the ISO connector block at the back before it will work however I will have lost all stations and internal memory. I don’t believe that the connector is at fault because the drive computer still works. The clock and date keep working but the new radio is dead!!!! And as said it works some of the time just not if left The new radio worked in another car of mine just not the Nissan if left turned off for a long time.

Does anyone know what may be wrong?
if the connector works fine cold be the radio, can you chk it on the other car?!

it was taken out of another car where it worked fine1 thought i could see if i could get a permanent power supply. does anyone know if i can cut a wire and connect it direct to a more permanant power supply if so which wire and if or when i put the standard radio back in would that revert back to the iso connector?

Back