Problems with central locking and lights not turning off

Hello all, new to the forum, I'm Charlie.

I own a Micra K11 1.0 sport (2001), had it almost a year now and there's a few issues which have been bothering me, googled around as much as possible but can't really find much on the issue.

So, an overview, the central locking is non functional, the remote key also doesn't work, and after replacing the battery in the key I gave up with that. When the keys are turned in the door, only that door will unlock, not the other one... firstly, is that normal?

Secondly, after recharging the battery from mains (will explain how it died in a moment), and then placing it back in the car, when using the key to open the door, the other door magically unlocks too! This only happens the very first time I try to unlock it after a full charge. Why would this be, possibly motor problem?

Finally, when the lights are left on without the ignition on or the key in, they will not turn themselves off or make any warning whatsoever, which I why my battery often is left dry as mentioned above (normally friends playing about with controls), again, is this normal? If not, any advice in fixing it? I thought it might be related to the central locking problem.

I have the MOT in a month so if I don't DIY it myself by then, will have to ask them.

Cheers in advance, here she is: :)

car.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
light warning buzzer disconected , just above pedals .
might be weak batt causing lock probs or failing actuator. locks unlock together on my prefacelift when key in lock.
lights staying on is normal ,is why the buzzers in their

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
R-reg is correct. If the battery's gone really flat a couple of time it'll be shagged whatever it measures after a fresh charge. I know you can't flatten the battery on a K12 leaving anything switched on (they're pretty smart that way) but I have no recollection if that was the case when I had my K11 a few years ago...

Okay thank you guys for the input so far, it's good to know that something is meant to be there then, not just my car has a lack of basic features :p

Any guidance in finding the buzzer? Pulled apart the dash and searched everywhere, couldn't find anything... did find a flasher unit, but that was about it, didn't see it anywhere behind the fuse box or anything

A little update: Managed to find the buzzer! Well, kinda, I didn't find it (it's hidden deep inside the dash somewhere), but I got it to work, turns out the sensor on the door is really sticky and pretty much non-functional, so the car doesn't detect when the door is opened, therefore the buzzer does not sound, going to take it apart and try clean it out a bit.

Also, managed to enter the car into programming mode, however, when I try to program the keys themselves, the car doesn't respond to the fob buttons in any way. What would be the problem here, some sort of receiver I'm thinking, would that be the actuator?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
You could have a faulty ignition switch failing the rest of the circuit
like the door switch sensor the actuater may be also dodgy