Problems in cold temperatures

Hi everyone!

The fact that the internet comes up with a dedicated forum for nissan micras really amaze me :-D Love it.

Anyways. I have a problem with my 98 k11 1.0 micra. And I'm pretty sure it has to do with the temperature outside nowadays. Usually it *always* starts perfectly, except for when it's coldstarted now when temperatures are around -20c. The days when we're up to -10c it works fine.

Here's what happens:

I try to start, and it's reeeeally close to starting - But it's not enough to get going without the stater motor. (you can hear the starter quickly easing up while trying). So it's not completely dead.

Things I know for sure:
- It's not the starter motor
- Not the battery

The only thing that works really well, is to get it going by towing or down hill with the ignition on in 2nd gear. Then it starts like a charm in less then a second.

Hope you guys can give me a solution to this. Or else I need to get a job in a elevated position. ;-)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
are you sure it's not the battery as it's soooo cold?
when was the last time you changed plugs, ht leads etc?

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
i get this problem with my k10, i think its just because its due a service by the sounds of it. i think thats whats up with mine anyway

spark plugs etc from last year, and the battery is a couple of weeks old. Aaaand, it still doesn't work if I use a booster or another cars power in addition. So, power should not the problem.