Problems fitting Pod airfilter to K11 1.0

Hi guys, dim person here.

I'm trying to fit a pod airfilter to my Y reg K11. It's the 1.0 model.

The problems I'm having are that when I remove the old box and fit the new system, the engine really doesn't like it. Whenever you try to rev the engine, it wants to do the opposite - in other words, the more throttle you use, the more it seems to try and hold itself back.

Am I doing something wrong? Or have I missed something out? I have noticed a small pipe that was attached to the air box is now attached to nothing - is that something to do with it? I'm new to tuning, so if someone could be kind enough to give me a step-by-step, I would be really grateful! :)

Last edited:

frank

Club Member
Hi guys, dim person here.

I'm trying to fit a pod airfilter to my Y reg K11. It's the 1.0 model.

The problems I'm having are that when I remove the old box and fit the new system, the engine really doesn't like it. Whenever you try to rev the engine, it wants to do the opposite - in other words, the more throttle you use, the more it seems to try and hold itself back.

Am I doing something wrong? Or have I missed something out? I have noticed a small pipe that was attached to the air box is now attached to nothing - is that something to do with it? I'm new to tuning, so if someone could be kind enough to give me a step-by-step, I would be really grateful! :)
you often get a bad flatspot with a pod filter, have you fitted it ontop of the throttlebody ?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
you often get a bad flatspot with a pod filter, have you fitted it ontop of the throttlebody ?
Was just about to say.

When I had a K&N on the throttle body about 2 years ago I got mad flat spots mid-range.

GA16 airbox cured it.

Pod filters aren't a magical increase in power like people think :)

Was just about to say.

When I had a K&N on the throttle body about 2 years ago I got mad flat spots mid-range.

GA16 airbox cured it.

Pod filters aren't a magical increase in power like people think :)

Funnily enough I was trying to fit it onto the TB, after seeing a few vids. I wasn't expecting much gain in bhp, it was more for the nicer sound.

Do you guys recommend a micra-specific filter kit?

you get a nice noise with the GA16 box with no pipe, infact you get a nice noise if you just take the pipe off the standard airbox :)