Problems (Battery + Oil Leak?)

Titch

Micra K11ng
Hey all - jst a few questions.
Got a Yellow top battery in this morning, but it don't fit very well. Was wondering what i could do to make it fit a bit better.
Pics Below

batt18yx.jpg

batt29db.jpg

And also - should i worry about this?

worried3qg.jpg

Titch :kungfu:

the last picture - just clean it up and see if it re-apears - just looks like spilt oil from an oil change..

if it does re-apear - check ur oil level - top up if needed and get a new oil fillter cap (unless the seal on it is replaceable... but more likley than not - it will be just spilt oil

Not had an Oil Change in about 20000 miles, so doubt its that cause its been worse everytime i've looked.

as i say - try giving it a clean - make sure that filler cap is on hand tight and see if it does it from there...

if it does - just get a new oil filler cap...

Not had an oil change in 20k?! How come????????!

Also, not sure what to suggest about the battery. That power cable looks tiny though, whats it powering?

i was assumin he pressed to many 0's as nobody on here should be that stupid to leave it more than 9000 (nissan service interval - but really with regular ragging it should be between 3-5k!)

Yea, meant 2000, not 20000.
Power cable is big enough, don't worry, not really powering a big install yet anyway.
It's going in to get serviced in a wee while, so will speak to them about it.

lol ok.

Just out of interest, what is the cable powering in the boot?

It looks like 10awg to me.

Edit: How about trying to install a bigger battery tray in the car, i.e from a Primera or something?

Just a ****ey halfrauds one. Powering 2x Kenwood amp, one running 6 speakers, and the other running two speakers and a sub.
Think i'll try that battery idea.

Back