Problem: cornering and squealing

G

Geoff Holland

Is it normal for our Micra (1989) to corner badly, squeal and roll horrendously? We have new QH shock absorbers. Can anti roll bars be fitted.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
handing on the k10 is second to none and one of the massive things i fell in love with. the fact they grip to the road better than any other car in its range.

so i would highly recomed checking tyres pressures. tyre treads. and most other issues regarding this.

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
I agree with wayne on that one! Give her a set of good tyres and keep them at the correct pressure and she will corner like a dream! Dont know about the squeel, maybe a wheel bearing problem??

Daz

James

Chairman
So THATS why my car feels like it's gonna topple over when i turn corners...

* Note to self, buy front KYB gas shocks and fit rears at the same time *

* Oh, and maybe some new springs, lol *

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
arent KYB shocks soft? e.g. you drive over bumps in roads and dont feel them.. you'd need stiffer ones like my Boge ones, where you feel everything but solid as hell round corners!! well i guess its lowered, wider tyres and a strut bar too :D

S

Slim

theres nothiung special about KYB shocks, they're just boggo ones as used by nissan. if you want uprated shocks, buy monroe or somethiung.

as standard, k10's do handle badly. nova's handle much better. However, if you have a k10 with wider tyres, new shocks and a frotn strut brace, they become quite nice.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Wayne K10s do NOT handle well as stock!!, its just they are very predictable which is why they are fun to drive. MA12 has it spot on here!

M

MagicJoel

I love how my K10 handles although i have spun it 6 times and written it off twice. and yesterday i understeered around a corner in the pissing rain and crashed into a massive metal pole, another insurance write off. I'll be going to the scrappy and getting another donor micron to repair it myself (again). But after i get back from Morroco. :upside: :p

T

thacreeper

Do you're insurance company approve of this? :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 302