Private plate question!

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
There is a plate going on Ebay that im desperate for! Its on a Punto, which comes with the auction. It has no MOT tho... My question, Does the punto need to have tax and MOT for the transfer of the plate?

Daz

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

Excellent! Just need to get someone with a recovery truck or a towing bar to get it home from Glasgow!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
You obviously need to pay the admin fees to register the plate to your car. Cant remember what it costs though.

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

Gonna leave it, both cars need MOT certificates. The punto doesnt have one and never will have! It has two collapsed front wheel bearings, front wishbone is knackered and the head gasket is away, so i think ill be leaving my private plate!

Cheers anyway guys!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
If the car is declared as destroyed / dismantled (whatever the term is) Can you then buy it?

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
no! and unfortunantley for the punto owner cant transfer it/sell it without first mot his punto...

i think he'll have to speak to dvla about transfering the plate to yours £80 and getting a certificate of destruction against the punto with the original reg on it...

when i did mine from my dead k11 to the new one, i still had 2 months left on the mot so it was fine...

whats the plate anywho Daz????