Primera is giving me trouble.

Hmm.. any advice or what to check? (SR20DE btw).

Also, whenever I stick in the key, without turning it. I get that beeping noise you would get if you left your head lights on when you open the door.

Spot on olly. Does the ECU light remain on when the engine is running?

Well then the cams are probably a tooth out. Do a compression test.

my k11 done the rev to only 3k and i changed the throttle body and that was the problem fixed, it could be one of the sensors on the tb???

my k11 done the rev to only 3k and i changed the throttle body and that was the problem fixed, it could be one of the sensors on the tb???

I doubt that.....the MAF isn't on the Throttle Body on the SR20 and the MAF is usually the problem when it comes to engine revving/idling problems.

Well then the cams are probably a tooth out. Do a compression test.

Will the ECU know that the timing is out and cause an error code?

I'd start with check the Error codes, it's an easy place to start.

Yep that video looks like cam timing as it sounds lumpy and uneven DO A COMPRESSION TEST!

Hmm, how do I do a compression test? LOL

With a compression test tool.

Remove the spark plug, fit the compression tester, crank the engine a few times. Read the compression tester.

Complete a test on each cylinder. I'm not sure what compression that should be though but should all be a similar figure.

WHEN DOING A COMPRESSION TEST BE WARY OF ANY HT LEADS OR DISTRIBUTOR AS IT WILL STILL SPARK

Definatly a tooth or two out

loosen the dizzy.

start it.. and twist the dizzy completly oneway and the other see if you can get it to idle..

..also dont run the engine without cam cover bolted on.. a one in each corner at least bud..

jinata

on cg,s the exhaust valve is closed at about 20deg atdc, and the inlet opens about 20deg btdc, and if you,re 1 tooth out it,s nowhere near 20deg.
i would think sr,s are pretty similar :)

Ive given your suggestion a lot of thought, and I'm wondering how do I know link from link as to where the cam shaft sprockets fit into.

It does have the 2 coloured links on the chain but they are never there when I set the crankshaft at Top Dead Center.

Any ideas?

jinata

all i can advise (never worked on an sr :) is if the in/ex is,nt biting a thin feeler at about 20deg btdc/atdc (1 notch on a cg pulley=5deg) then you may be 1 or more teeth out

Back