Preface rear lights on a facelift

Just wondering if anyone has put preface rear lights on a 2nd facelift (or even 1st facelift) K11?

I prefer the darker tint of the preface ones but would want to see pics or some fitting info first ideally.

Some pics would be great!

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Just wondering if anyone has put preface rear lights on a 2nd facelift (or even 1st facelift) K11?

I prefer the darker tint of the preface ones but would want to see pics or some fitting info first ideally.

Some pics would be great!
All K11 lights are interchangeable. If you were going to that effort then make the lights symmetrical by buying one from a lhd car so you could have either two fully red lights or two with reverse lights (that was my plan at one point before I got march lights)

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

All K11 lights are interchangeable. If you were going to that effort then make the lights symmetrical by buying one from a lhd car so you could have either two fully red lights or two with reverse lights (that was my plan at one point before I got march lights)

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

I was going to get the March lights in my blog, but the seller has backed out for some reason and I haven't heard from him.
So instead, was thinking to go for preface. And yeah going for the symmetric look sounds like a sweet idea, thanks!

And I think Andrew French has some?
Screenshot_20190907-142905.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

And I think Andrew French has some? View attachment 64920

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Ah thanks man. I actually had a set of these that I just sold recently. In my opinion, they didn't suit my green car too much, so I'm on the lookout for either these ones:

IMAG0362.jpeg

Or if I can't find any at decent price, then will probably just go for the standard UK prefacelift lights.

You mentioned Andrew French? He on FB?

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Ah thanks man. I actually had a set of these that I just sold recently. In my opinion, they didn't suit my green car too much, so I'm on the lookout for either these ones:

View attachment 64921

Or if I can't find any at decent price, then will probably just go for the standard UK prefacelift lights.

You mentioned Andrew French? He on FB?
Andrew is selling his at a ridiculous price, I usually sell pre facelift march lights for around 40. Anyway, I think you shoudl actually go down the route of two full red pre face stock clusters, I've only ever seen one car on here like that and it would be nice to see something different

Andrew is selling his at a ridiculous price, I usually sell pre facelift march lights for around 40. Anyway, I think you shoudl actually go down the route of two full red pre face stock clusters, I've only ever seen one car on here like that and it would be nice to see something different

I have bought a set of standard UK preface lights.

Will wait until I can find a driver side light from a left hand drive car (which doesnt have a reverse light) at a decent price, and then sell the passenger side prefacelift light that I have bought.

I agree that both fully red will look sweet!

But then will I have to have a bumper mounted reverse light?

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I have bought a set of standard UK preface lights.

Will wait until I can find a driver side light from a left hand drive car (which doesnt have a reverse light) at a decent price, and then sell the passenger side prefacelift light that I have bought.

I agree that both fully red will look sweet!

But then will I have to have a bumper mounted reverse light?
It definitely will be interesting as there's very few like that around. In Europe reverse lights aren't a legal necessity, so if its not there in the mot they can't test it. Who in knows what will happen to those sorts of laws with your country leaving the EU, but for now you'll be OK without

It definitely will be interesting as there's very few like that around. In Europe reverse lights aren't a legal necessity, so if its not there in the mot they can't test it. Who in knows what will happen to those sorts of laws with your country leaving the EU, but for now you'll be OK without

Appreciate the advice buddy.

I have got around to fitting the preface flights into my second face lift but was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for me, so I can avoid endless trial and error to make them work!

The way it currently is that both the rear red light and indicator light are constantly on.

Thanks for any help!

BUMP

Okay so I have ran into a problem.

With all the fiddling on the drivers side tailight, now the front side lights, tail lights, dash lights and registration lights only come on when I apply the brake!

Can anyone please advise?

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
BUMP

Okay so I have ran into a problem.

With all the fiddling on the drivers side tailight, now the front side lights, tail lights, dash lights and registration lights only come on when I apply the brake!

Can anyone please advise?
Do you not have access to a wiring diagram in your Haynes manual? Find the colour of each wire on the loom and then match that to where each bulb goes on the light unit

Do you not have access to a wiring diagram in your Haynes manual? Find the colour of each wire on the loom and then match that to where each bulb goes on the light unit

Seems like the logical thing to do.

Yes I have a Haynes manual, will resort to it on weekend.