pre screwed!!

Hi All, What I should have asked you last night is how do you remove a partly stripped screw from the rotor arm which is stuck in place at the moment and I do apologize for not giving you the right information as I was tired & not thinking straight. I only asked about the replacement screw as my local mechanic asked me to get another one if possible! and I would prefer to do this job myself. But the mechanic had in mined to cut the plastic part of the rotor arm off making it easier to get at the screw. could you help me again?!** Yours Peter0003

Quote 1): “how do you remove a partly stripped screw from the rotor arm which is stuck in place at the moment?”

Quote 2)
“the mechanic had in mind to cut the plastic part of the rotor” Butcher!

Why remove the rotor arm/screw when its stuck in place where it should be when it could be retightened as best you can, inspected, cleaned in situ & returned to operation in order to keep on rolling along?

Last edited:
It shouldn’t be very tight so just grab some pliers and screw it out. You can cut of the rotor arm if you need more room

My k11 has not had much work done to it for at least 20yrs so their would be some item stuck fast like the rotor arm. the last owner told me that he replaced the clutch , did a little welding & may have replace the front disc's and pads as they look new.

even brand new ones are tight, not sure why I think it's just because it's a difficult place to be able to get a good grip on it and because it's plastic except for the screw bit

After mine started to strip the only way I got it out was with a lot of patience and a spanner attached to the screwdriver

Back