Pre-Face lift grill onto post face lift.

Hello there...i have a 89 micra k10 and really like the look of the pre facelift front grills..just wondering what the fitting is like onto the post facelift models, also if anyone has one knocking about i'd be keen to buy!

its not a straight swap im pretty sure they're not the same fitting but im sure if can be made fit,
some of the other lads here prob have done it before

You'll need more than just the front grill... You'll need the bonnet too... Add to that the headlights aswel... I may be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's what you need... I vaguely remember needing the wings too ???
I have a pre facelift so i've never needed to change... plus i'm more a fan of my facelift k10's

You'll need more than just the front grill... You'll need the bonnet too... Add to that the headlights aswel... I may be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's what you need... I vaguely remember needing the wings too ???

Yup you need everything off of the front end, i've been wanting to do it to mine cause my mate had a prefacelift. but his front wings were rotten though.

If you just want the grill it is so possible and easy
k10front_zps478e302f.jpg

It requires a little trim at each end, the bottom clips in at original points and then it just needs the top securing. I used steel repair strips and my second favourite,after cable ties:D, method of fixing...self tappers. ;)
xx103.jpg

If you just want the grill it is so possible and easy
k10front_zps478e302f.jpg

It requires a little trim at each end, the bottom clips in at original points and then it just needs the top securing. I used steel repair strips and my second favourite,after cable ties:D, method of fixing...self tappers. ;)
xx103.jpg

You haven't you got a blog? I wanna see more of your car, that's an order!

thanks alot man, i thought it would be easy enough just needed that info...hahahaha no way on earth would you have to replace the full front end just to get a grill on...having a larrrff boys

but not right, i wasn't stating opinion, the prefacelift has different lights/bonnet/wings ect..
But that IS your opinion. Do you mean it doesn't look like a pre facelift? I don't want it to, I want it to look like a facelift with a pre facelift grill ;) Surely that is what 'modified' cars are about? Who's to say what is and isn't right, modification IS all about opinion......

I don't understand what you mean by not right. My car has minilight alloys from a classic mini, does that mean that because it doesn't look like a mini its not 'right'? :confused: Going on what you deem to be right does that mean that I can only fit K10 parts, and only facelift parts at that, for it to be 'right'? Going back to the OP the question was about fitting a pre facelift grill to a facelift car, not how to make a facelift look like a pre facelift. :rolleyes:

I don't understand what you mean by not right. My car has minilight alloys from a classic mini, does that mean that because it doesn't look like a mini its not 'right'? :confused: Going on what you deem to be right does that mean that I can only fit K10 parts, and only facelift parts at that, for it to be 'right'? Going back to the OP the question was about fitting a pre facelift grill to a facelift car, not how to make a facelift look like a pre facelift. :rolleyes:
Hahaha yeah that was the original question and i got my answer..cheers boys haahahaaa

if you could beg/borrow/steal a heat gun, you can buy lens tint fim on ebay, i done my two headlights and park lights yellow and top half of my tail lights black for roughly £5 incl p&p goes on real simple if you can get a heat gun , plus it takes like ten mins in all, i done mine and thought the film is handier than spraying ( okay i lie i got the film cheaper than tint spraypaint :p )

no clue who i bought mine off but here's a sample,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30cmx60cm...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58975f30bd

Just to clear up aswell. the wings are the same, just different shape sidelights.

56aeHz1.jpg
[/img]

Pre-facelift grille, bonnet, headlights and sidelights

Facelift bumper and wings

Hey mate I was just wandering if you could help me please I have got a micra k10 aswel but I have got the face lift 1 but I've bought a pre face lift 1 like u got but the grill makes the bonnet look to short is there anything I can do with it like a grill like yours or custom grills etc

Hey mate I was just wandering if you could help me please I have got a micra k10 aswel but I have got the face lift 1 but I've bought a pre face lift 1 like u got but the grill makes the bonnet look to short is there anything I can do with it like a grill like yours or custom grills etc

I do not understand what your trying to ask? Please use a full stop or a comma at least. lol

Hi. Sorry about the way I wrote that. It's okay now I have baught a new bonnet so I can modify the grill to how I want it, I do apologise again the way I wrote that paragraph.

Back