PPPPPPPpoppin doors

k11 kid

Ex. Club Member
Hey

i want central locking and popping doors ....how the hell do i do that then ? fwn

is it best to get a universal door kit and wire it to control the door poppin with a key fob and wire the central locking to the key lock or errr im lost someone please tell me what i need how much its going to cost what i need to do and where to get it from PLEASE

cheers

Mike :p

yus i do :D

well it depends on what type of pop doors u want..
do you:

A) pop button located under mirror or in similar locaton (option i went for )

B) key fob (more expensive and more fobs to carry round)

for the first option. and if you plan on schmoothing of the handles as i have. then you would also require to run bypass systems incase of an electrical failure from the battery. (if you require this then please feel free to ask)

the setup is fairly simple in the fact that all u need is a button, seliniond and lengths of single core cable. maplins can supply all of the above cheaply enough.

ok. working on th basis that the setup is the same throughout the range. and all other cars in general really.

u need to remove the bar that runs to (or parralel in with like the central locking, if u are keeping the handles (pointless))
then run the seliniod to a location directly below the handle bar so that when the bar runs down it joins up with the seliniod and when the seliniod is activated it pulls the lever down opening the door.

when u work out the distance of the bar going down to the seliniod you need to fix the seliniod into place and secure it there.

once the seliniod is fixed then attach the bar to the lever and activate the seliniod by connecting a positive and negative feed into it. this should then pull the seliod down. (if it pushed it up reverse the cables so that it is reveresed and it will reverse the seliniod activation.

this is basically all that is needed to know..

any other info u need just ask :D

u have my MSN aswell so im sure u will:p

wayne

ps make sure the seliniods u use are NOT deadloking ones as they will cause the seliniod to dead lock on activation.

ooops. lol

if u want the fob type same proceedure but u need fob activation that you can pop 2 (or 4 if u want on all 4 doors :p) seperatly
than on these the control box will activate which ever button u press.

but the setup is the same except from wiring it to the button u wire it to the control box

Problem is - even if you have a fob, you still need some sort of backup/overide switch on the car somewhere, otherwise its illegal!

Peter - can you show where that is said out of interest?

cost me nothing since i already had the stuff :D

but in buying it all case :S

seliniod kit £20
single core cable roughyl 10mtrs £2.99
push buttons ??? 99p - £7.99 depending on yourr style

2 wire positive and negative. release and fire
5 wire are for control box master. control systems via a control box to initialte more seliniods
and 3 wire are deadlock seliniods. seliniods locks in position on fire.

ne thing else??

do you want an overide system?

if so.:

simply

fix the seliniod into place. then tke and run both negative nd positive up to a secure place (position of bypass. then loop back. earth out the negative in the car somewere and run the positive to a constant feed from battery.

then were u ran the wires. before looping back simply splice into that and put connectors in there so that they can be seperated. and the power TO the seliniod and the earth t=TO the selion can be attached to a + and - from a bettery. this then sends both the correct signal to the seliond popping the door/lock

hope this helps. simple but effective. best to find a secure location though;) and keep it hush hush.
i use to keep mine behind the sidelightsa as these came of very easy from the outside. then just pulled the wires through the gap an connected them up. simple. i have the overide for both locking and door popping. so if i say loick keys in then i can deactivate the lock and then pop the doors from a sepoerate location. obviously both are in seperate locations aswelll ;)

hope this helps.

wayne

the tech info machine

Back