Power loss

hello, I've recently bought a nissan micra 1.3 super s and am having some trouble with power loss in higher gears. the car has roughly 65k on the clock and the only things i've had done is an oil change. The car however has had a new throttlebody and a few other tweaks recently. Anyway the main problem is experienced when driving in higher gears for example, if i hit high revs in 1st and 2nd, 3rd gear seems very slugish and even with my foot to the floor the build up is painfully slow. The power seems very on and off, i seem to hit some power and then it sounds asthough there is nothing there. This vary rarely happens in the lower gears but on the odd occasion 2nd gear too. I've asked about and heard it could be electical however havent yet had it checked out as i thought a head up from any experts would help :). I'm wanting to start modding the car but with an unstable engine this is becoming a problem. Any help would be fantastic, if there is any more info needed i can try my best.

Thanks

OP
OP
S
Thanks for the reply, i have checked all the paperwork i could find from the previouse owner but find nothing explaining which throttlebody has been fitted. Concerning as i'm hoping a new one has been fitted.

kamisama

Ex. Club Member
if its the throttle body theres not alot that can go wrong with them to be honest and can be picked up dirt cheap from most breakers and are a doddle to fit. i paid 15quid for a ga16 one(Y)

Anderson

Buy & Sell Member
if its the throttle body theres not alot that can go wrong with them to be honest and can be picked up dirt cheap from most breakers and are a doddle to fit. i paid 15quid for a ga16 one(Y)

i hate where i live all my scrappies should just wear a black mask and a swag bag the prices they ask for cheapest my locals have offered is £35 for a ga16 or ga14.

Anderson

Buy & Sell Member
hello, I've recently bought a nissan micra 1.3 super s and am having some trouble with power loss in higher gears. the car has roughly 65k on the clock and the only things i've had done is an oil change. The car however has had a new throttlebody and a few other tweaks recently. Anyway the main problem is experienced when driving in higher gears for example, if i hit high revs in 1st and 2nd, 3rd gear seems very slugish and even with my foot to the floor the build up is painfully slow. The power seems very on and off, i seem to hit some power and then it sounds asthough there is nothing there. This vary rarely happens in the lower gears but on the odd occasion 2nd gear too. I've asked about and heard it could be electical however havent yet had it checked out as i thought a head up from any experts would help :). I'm wanting to start modding the car but with an unstable engine this is becoming a problem. Any help would be fantastic, if there is any more info needed i can try my best.

Thanks

Oh i had this problem and for me it was the ignition timing. if you do adjust the timing mark where you origanally found it with a marker pen or something that wont rub off so you can always go back to factory state

but yeah bad timing can make the revs build up really SLOOOW and when mine was messed up i found it was like this and high gear where impossible because the revs couldnt build up fast enough

OP
OP
S
Thanks for all the advise chaps.. i'll get it looked at later this week and let you all know ho wit went. I think it's related to something very similar to what Andersons prob was. It's almost impossible to get much out of third and fourth gear.. it almost feels at times like something is blocked and it wants to squeeze out some power but struggles. More then likely a timing problem or a throttlebody issue.. cheers again