Possibly selling ADVANTI cams

Antony

Ex. Club Member
guaging interest on these very rare items

they are made from what looks like tufftrided steel (uniformed gray colour)

the markings are

IN.085.248s
EX.084.238s

standards are 222deg
and looking at franks post of the lobes of a piper cam and the ones hes had made, these are between the pipers and the custom ones... o_Oo_O

not sure what gain these would give but they made my 1300 wanna rev clean off the clock. :laugh:

£160 or make me an offer.

guaging interest on these very rare items

they are made from what looks like tufftrided steel (uniformed gray colour)

the markings are

IN.085.248s
EX.084.238s

standards are 222deg
and looking at franks post of the lobes of a piper cam and the ones hes had made, these are between the pipers and the custom ones... o_Oo_O

not sure what gain these would give but they made my 1300 wanna rev clean off the clock. :laugh:

£160 or make me an offer.

antony

going by the pics in your "chain" thread, i would agree that they look a better shaped lobe than the pipers :), have you still got the previous set of avanti,s btw ?

these are them, have had them inspected by an engineering shop and have had the inlet cam face measured, there is no wear on the whatsoever, the "polished" surface is actualy a slight residue of aluminium from the cylinder head, but it didnt make any impact to the cams..

they said to give the area a polish with emery cloth and jobsaguden.

bump

if joe doesnt get them i might have them if they fit my 1.4 and can even come down to pick them up can any one confirm if they will fit

don't know if they will fit yours kenny but you are welcome to them if they do as I have other money proritys atm

no, sorry. they are for the CG13DE and CG10DE.

these will bring power band up to between 3200-7400rpm, so a remap would be best but i ran it without.

ive been offered the £160 posted but to lithuania. anyone more local for same price?

these would be around +10bhp on a reasonably low mileage cg13 engine providing you can get the rev limiter moved. more so with a janspeed too.

if the standard car is 76bhp these cams with janspeed and a rev limit mod/ remap would be around the 105bhp mark. maybe more.

Nope, getting a donor engine to work on, rebuild, clean up, etc. so will be fitting these to that once i find a suitable donor engine. All come to a hault as working 6 days a week due to christmas...

aaah, cool. dont forget the emery cloth on the inlet cam (the one thats got the aluminium mark on it) just to polish it up a bit before you fit em..

Back