possible gearbox problem?

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

Just noticed something else not quite right which has just come on all of a sudden, when im driving and steer or turn left there is like a pulsing vibration in the foot pedals and slightly on the steeringwheel when driving straight or turning right no problems. But also when its in reverse it does this ina straight line or any direction. There is no nasty noises, all gears select great, CV'sarnt split and cant find any play in them, cant see the wheels or brakes binding on anything and the box has oil in it.

Any suggestions?

Steve

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
I think i have found the problem, i jacked the front of the car up today and pressed the brakes and the engine moved about 7 degrees, looked underneath and the rear engine mount (where the gear selector should / will be) is completely colapsed!

Does anyone:

1. have a spare
2. know if a normal micra / figaro one will fit
3. know the part number for nissan
4. know where i can get a spare

happyier now i think i know the problem, 1 step closer to getting it fixed

cheers :)

Steve

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Just had another transmisson related problem, the gearbox side CV boot on the passenger side (short shaft) seems to have sheared off, doesnt look wear related which is weird it looks to have torn. I have replaced this but the CV joint housing which goes into the gearbox seems to move up and down slightly, and the same on the drivers side, dont know if this is normal?

cheers

Steve

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
The closest thing to it steve is a 1.2 engine mount, the 1.0L mount doesn't have the bracket on top for the gearbox. The non-auto mount won't have the cable holder on it either but you can easily make one and mig it on at home. If you need new shafts let me know, i stripped an auto last month and i have a good pair just sitting around with all the other autobox parts i took off it. There isn't a part number on that rear mount anywhere i'm afraid, just "AT" stamped into the rubber part.

Oh just one more thing (as columbo would say) if the shafts are moving up and down at the dif connection (where they plug into the gearbox) then i would say that the diff has gone, or at least it's bearings have collapsed, i have had this problem on a mk3 golf gti 8v. Grab the shaft and give it a good shake to see how much play there is on the diff.

46480_432729554871_839509871_4708757_2535004_n.jpg