Possible Fueling Problem?

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
When starting my car up in the morning or left for about an hour then turned on again, i need to pump the accelerator to get the engine going....without doin this the engine takes ages to start up. Also after starting up with the accelerator, theres the obvious revs but then it sounds like its about to stall and the car rumbles and i even noticed the headlights dim when this happens but go back to normal. Ive heard from a reliable source it could be something to do with fueling but im no expert. Anyone?
Cheers:grinning:

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Could be lots of things. Have you changed your fuel and air filters recently, and your plugs?

Do you do lots of very short jouerneys in your car, like, less time then the car can warm up?

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
yeah the car got a good service when i bought it back in december. I do run the engine for short times....constantly needing to move my car out the way of the garage to let my dad out. I always knew that wasnt good for the engine but could that maybe be it?

pollyp

Club Member
clean ur idle air valve unit in front of the TB to make sure it's moving cos that raises the revs to 1200rpm when the engines cold.
when warm, it should sit at 700rpm

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
is it weird i have a similar problem with my k10 when pulling away in first it hesitates a little then carries on as normal

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
yeah the car got a good service when i bought it back in december. I do run the engine for short times....constantly needing to move my car out the way of the garage to let my dad out. I always knew that wasnt good for the engine but could that maybe be it?

You could just be flooding engine?

If it happens again, take your fuel pump fuse out, crank your engine for a few seconds with the key, and then put the fuse back in, and try start it then. It might take a few more seconds then usual (needs to repressurise the fuel system) but it should start right away.