• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Posh Rat k11

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
WAZZZUUUUPPPPPP!!! :eek::D
some of you may know me from my old thread 'The Green Mean Machine Project' - http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/the-green-mean-machine-project-d.54035/

I have decided to make a new project thread as this one is gonna be a little more interesting.
The idea behind the name 'Posh Rat' is that the project will incorporate some subtle rat styling, as well as keeping it looking clean and JDM / Retro looking :).

just a heads up, there wont be many updates and posts until after June / July, as i will be away on holiday for 2 weeks, BUT.. there will be little things now and then to keep this tread tasty!
hope you liked the intro, ENJOY ! :)

So at the moment, this is the car as it stands now, green, matte black bonnet and steelies!
599177_580066518671576_727115249_n_zps52c262f8.jpg

Onto the interior for a little :)
I removed the door cards, and purchased some white primer from halfrauds, sprayed some gloss white, and some gloss glittery black!
also i had some spare orange paint for the front speaker grills :D
540925_582058611805700_1261184023_n_zps5dbb1aed.jpg

Time for some 'Ratting' ? if you want to call it that yet haha..stickerbomb!
i removed all four door handle surrounds and spent a while cutting out individual stickers from a stickerbomb sheet to arrange them in a way i liked :)
So far so good!
544636_583761864968708_904362480_n_zps1f1a648e.jpg

The theme i am going for is Black and electric orange with subtle white styling.
so further down the line after holiday, the car will be going satin black, cant wait, and cant wait for all of you to see it!
oh yeah, to make it extra rat, i'm spraying it myself with rattle cans from halfords, sand down, prime, spray done, WOO

sprayed my stereo surround with white primer, fitted to see what it looked like, it looks GOOOWD, dunno wether to. A: keep it white, or B: spray it electric orange like my door card speakers, hmm you'll find out what decision i make tomorrow, sorry if its a boring thread btw lol, just gonna be interior bits until i get some money togerther after my holiday in june, thats where the real fun starts: anyway enough of the *** talk, heres a pic:
f61a09fd7cdcc49cf80147c362d6cf3e_zps89afb174.jpg

sprayed my stereo surround with white primer, fitted to see what it looked like, it looks GOOOWD, dunno wether to. A: keep it white, or B: spray it electric orange like my door card speakers, hmm you'll find out what decision i make tomorrow, sorry if its a boring thread btw lol, just gonna be interior bits until i get some money togerther after my holiday in june, thats where the real fun starts: anyway enough of the *** talk, heres a pic:
f61a09fd7cdcc49cf80147c362d6cf3e_zps89afb174.jpg
Its not boring if you're doing your thing :) And at least you're posting pics ;)

hey guys, nothing to do with micras atm, but just want to show you something i've done, some of you might not know, that behind the car modding, i am a freelance music producer and remixer for artists around UK and america, and i've just made it to the UK single download charts, for some reason it wont let me share the link, but here is my personal link to it!!
its a remix of and vocal remake of DISCLOSURE - WHITE NOISE ! ENJOY !

https://soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic/white-noise-l-williams-remix

looks like my custom interior design is coming along quite nicely and faster than i thought.. just spent ages in the dark and cold priming and spraying the dashboard speedo surround cover roof thingy mabob, heres some progress pics!

image_zps60fa95fd.jpg

image_zps18c2e4a8.jpg

image_zpsedf28ffc.jpg

my cheap little spray gun attatchment on the left lol, clips on to the top of any aerosol spray can :) makes the job easier and smoother
image_zpsf30d4e8d.jpg

2nd coat of electric orange
image_zpsd321295b.jpg

final coats on both...they are now curing in my room lol
image_zps841ebee1.jpg

dropped the carbon canister by 2 inches or so, because it was too much work to relocate or turn it on its side..
so..lowered the canister, then fitted the almera 1.6 (N15) airbox with CAI :)
image_zpse16b3aa0.jpg

image_zps40f1e6dd.jpg

custom dashboard...50% finished, the rest needs to be primed and sprayed black

image_zps0cb4bfca.jpg

image_zps52e263f8.jpg

image_zps693e69bf.jpg

for those who dont know, the car may look odd with electric orange styling, but dark green car.. it will be going satin black in the next few months or so when i get the money together, along with lowering and wide rims :)

unfortunatley the micra has to go by end of June, beginning of July, as it is too much work and money to keep repairing it, misfiring sorted, one problem down, another arises, it now rumbles and vibrates alot at the wheels when braking or turning corners, and sounds like the wheels are falling off, so shes going to my cousin a trained mechanic at the end of June! and she will be getting replaced with another beautiful car, more economic
its a ford focus 1.0 ecoboost, which has just a 1.0 engine, but is putting out 125bhp with a turbo charger! lovely

img_5390_zps7200e081.jpg

Back