• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Is this how it goes?

(Weekend spent in pub, so didn't get a chance to play with car)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375255745.373878.jpg

Also , cracked my fuel reg somehow :( got another on order, will have this thing running soon!!!!!

Dam starter motor won't turn engine over again!

Ideas?

Battery fully charged, it is a tiny littke battery, could that be it?

Euurttggghh, jus don't have money right now to buy new battery and or stater motor :(
Girlfriends 21st birthday, so it's all going on that

Your a star! Il try a few more things out to try get it cranking....but may take u up on your offer if all else fails

It's all there now!!! Nothing major to make or buy! Sooooooo frustrating !!!!

Ok...so when I turn the engine over with ratchet on the pulley a couple off times, then try and start it, it will turn a bit then stop
Volts go from 12 to 7

Also, the handbrake light is staying on, even tho I've taken the keys out

Something not right!

Ok...so when I turn the engine over with ratchet on the pulley a couple off times, then try and start it, it will turn a bit then stop
Volts go from 12 to 7

Also, the handbrake light is staying on, even tho I've taken the keys out

Something not right!
Ok so your battery is duff then shouldn't drop below 10 :)

Handbrake light will be down to the handbrake switch seizing? Sounds like it hooked up to permanent live too.... not good?

Alternator keeps the engine running it won't have much to do with starting it :)

Agreed. But the alternator also acts like a switch, mine was draining the battery horrendously and leaving lights on the dash when unconnected but absolutely fine when connected.
Thats just what I've found with my k10, may be wrong

Agreed. But the alternator also acts like a switch, mine was draining the battery horrendously and leaving lights on the dash when unconnected but absolutely fine when connected.
Every cars different mate :)
Usually the battery provides the startig amperage but the alternator takes over to run the engine.
Turning over, the alternator isnt turning fast enough to generate enough power to start but it would help... as the car wouldn't run after it starts :p

Every cars different mate :)
Usually the battery provides the startig amperage but the alternator takes over to run the engine.
Turning over, the alternator isnt turning fast enough to generate enough power to start but it would help... as the car wouldn't run after it starts :p

Back