• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

yeah mine wasn't silicone but it was fairly hard pipe it worked for me with the clamp tightened a bit extra. that araldite is bloody insanely sticky stuff tho.

as long as you key the surface, you can 2 pack glue anything neil :) (80 grit paper)

I might give that a go to then, the hose grips the carbs ok, it's the steel part that pops off, so if I glue and clamp, should work for now.

I've got nothing else to build now so will work on new plenum as well lol :D

Had an hour spare today so poped to workshop.

Got some 2part glue and glued hose to plenum

dunyzega.jpg

Gonna leave it overnight to set properly.

Made flange too.

Rested plate on old carbs, and sprayed paint to mark out where to cut holes

avy7ynuh.jpg

Drilled holes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362254235.673864.jpg

This is hiw it will sit, bolt straight through into carbs, with seals in between

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362254294.791201.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362254312.474177.jpg

Now gotta decide whether to just weld old plenum to this flange, or make a new box up? Hmmmm

Got parts thru today

This is how it'll look

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362415775.915607.jpg

Jus need to figure out wiring for the LC-1

Also fitted fuel pressure gauge which is fed after boost regulator.
So can keep eye on pressure as boost comes on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362415867.482940.jpg

awesome stuff mate. i couldn't run a gauge like that round here yobs would rip it off:mad: new plenum design looks better mate you shouldn't have any more popping off issues with that :)

Thanks people :)

Hope some little barstewards don't rip it off either. Jus didn't fancy running fuel pressure gauge inside car, probably would of been fine. But I like were it is

wow, i must say i feel your a brave man for having a Fuel pressure guage there, cuntss here would be bound to steal it if it was left somewhere quiet for 10 mins!

Hmm, still got bit off soldering to do, still no wastegate (closed off)

Was hoping to get it running by weekend but gotta take missus oop naaaarth to see her parents.

Soon!! :D

i hope you're putting more bolts in the cover? its asking for a boost leak,

need at least 1 in the centre of the long side if not 2 or 3

;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885203.007190.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885217.473197.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885240.223200.jpg

Gunna cut a gasket out too to sandwich between it.

So this is my new genius idea, I had spares left over from old carbs so,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885348.506749.jpg

Flipped over old plastic bits so I can have a nice flat surface.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885363.856770.jpg

Prepped up for bonding together with 2 part mega glue

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885447.223773.jpg

Now jus gunna leave this overnight to set hard

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363885494.090161.jpg

Once dried, I might fill in littke gaps and make it a bit smoother. But now I can fit a gasket between this and plenum, with no leaks :)

That's the plan

Looking good Pork with flipping the carb plastics over are the carb vents not exposed so they vent to free air rather than being sucked back into the engine?

Looking good Pork with flipping the carb plastics over are the carb vents not exposed so they vent to free air rather than being sucked back into the engine?

It's all air tight as it is, but
The flipped plastics little gaps will be filled and flattened as to have a nice surface to bolt on to.

It's all air tight as it is, but
The flipped plastics little gaps will be filled and flattened as to have a nice surface to bolt on to.

Ahh I see hope everything works well mate you've put a lot of work in :) I'd toyed with the idea of bolting the intake on I was just too worried about having nuts on the inside of the carbs (ever the pessimist lol)

When's the test run booked?

you will be very lucky to get areldite to stick to silicone, not very much sticks to it, to the point you could use the silicone to make a mould and cast the part in areldite, the only think ive ever successfully stuck silicone with in my previous fob was loctite 435 ( i think) and the specific primer for silicone

I've used the araldite to stick the two air box mounting plastics together, and the silicone sleeve is glued and sandwiched between them, jus for a bit extra help, plus it hides the ugly glue mess between the two plastics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363944614.138696.jpg

Haven't updated in a while,

So inspired by the not so crap weather I finished a few bits

Here's how it looks now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365003147.155135.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365003166.821185.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365003183.521214.jpg

No leaks round plenum :D

Took it for a quick blast to test gauges, all fine.

Couple if questions though, O2 readings, when idling at 1000 rpm, it reads 20-21, then whilst driving it goes to 14, then when at WOT, it goes between 9.0-11
Haven't been able to drive it thru all gears for long enough, but this is the first go
Have no idea yet what it all means lol

Another thing, I think my turbo is a wee bit to big :( the wastegate is shut and only getting 2 psi, at 6000 rpm !! Oops

Anyone wanna swap turbos?

I'm in two minds whether to get another turbo, or get a cg13 and bolt all this stuff too it, same sorta price lol

Anyway, I need tax, mot, and insurance before I do either thing, then I can give it a proper rag about

This thread is useless without videos :mad:

Very true!

Thing is, the car shouldn't even be driven, it's declared sorn, and the industrial estate ain't big enough to get any real footage, 1st and 2nd is all you'll get then its outa road

looking great neil, and those a/f/r,s sound good, i think you will need to hold WOT for about 5 secs to create some boost with those big chargepipes and I/C tho :)

looking great neil, and those a/f/r,s sound good, i think you will need to hold WOT for about 5 secs to create some boost with those big chargepipes and I/C tho :)

Ok, cool, so there's hope yet :D

Do these k10's have a rev limiter btw?

Back