• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Nice one on getting it running mate :D How far away are you from getting it running with turbo? ;)

All that's needed now is return oil line, mate up exhaust, pipes from turbo to carbs, wideband O2,......and sort fuel pressure problem

So still a fair bit, but now i can move it about, it will be a lot easier :)

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Made a start on exhaust from turbo today.

I need to know where to put O2 sensor, can it be anywhere, or is there an specific place it should be?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355926460.774453.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355926479.609661.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355926493.173561.jpg

Chucking it down so can't fit it yet :(

With the wideband I bought the was a minimum distance for placement when used with a turbo. For the life of me I can't remember the measurent and the booklet has long gone.

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
With the wideband I bought the was a minimum distance for placement when used with a turbo. For the life of me I can't remember the measurent and the booklet has long gone.

Ok, good job I haven't jus welded a fitting on anywhere :)
Spose il wait till I get the sensor

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
paul (pollyp) discussed it in his blog iirc neil, his 1st sensor failed so he moved it further away i believe ?

Thanks, il have a look,
U wouldn't happen to have a page number, jus his blog is quite substantial, and a bit of a long read, very good tho.

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Got couple off presents to myself through today

Walbro turbo carb pump, pumps 10-15psi max.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356011697.420395.jpg

Petrol solenoid from LPG kit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356011739.853953.jpg

Sytec carb regulator
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356011863.728318.jpg

And 0.5-4 psi pressure switch
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356011779.337091.jpg

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Here's the idea!

Beings I can only get the boost regulator down to 1-1.5 psi, I'm gunna try this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356012775.726161.jpg

So normal driving, carbs fed by low pressure regulator at 0.5 psi.

As soon as the pressure switch senses ANY pressure from the turbo, it opens solenoid, allowing fuel from the boost fpr, which will rise accordingly with the boost pressure.

Hopefully this plan, along with the now lower pressure pump, will sort carbs flooding

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Here's the idea!

Beings I can only get the boost regulator down to 1-1.5 psi, I'm gunna try this

View attachment 21510

So normal driving, carbs fed by low pressure regulator at 0.5 psi.

As soon as the pressure switch senses ANY pressure from the turbo, it opens solenoid, allowing fuel from the boost fpr, which will rise accordingly with the boost pressure.

Hopefully this plan, along with the now lower pressure pump, will sort carbs flooding
Stuff this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
looks a bit more complicated than my return pipe method mate :)

Where abouts would that pipe go on my set up mate? Tbh, I didn't really understand lol

I make these sort off things all the time at work :)
Most of bits are on the shelf so it's free to me.

frank

Club Member
Where abouts would that pipe go on my set up mate? Tbh, I didn't really understand lol
it works just like a boost controller neil, you bleed off some of the pressure, so where the pipe enters the carbs you fit a T piece, and the return pipe has a #70 mainjet shoved inside to limit the flow

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
it works just like a boost controller neil, you bleed off some of the pressure, so where the pipe enters the carbs you fit a T piece, and the return pipe has a #70 mainjet shoved inside to limit the flow

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Now I get ya! Il shall try this to! :D

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
So iv made this, it wasn't that hard to do

Started by making a new hole in boost regulator. Made it quite small to restrict flow
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356096813.674212.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356096830.623624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356096846.672967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356096865.073630.jpg

Made swirly pot bit prettier, and built it all up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356096919.173196.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356096944.057009.jpg

If it don't work, all I gotta do is blank off new hole and I'm back to where i started

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Right !!! :(

Still floods the carbs, even with 0.5psi

So it's got to be something wrong with the floats

Rebuild kits are £15 each and need 4

Carbs only cost me £30, and were pretty bad shape, so do I buy another set, or rebuild these?

frank

Club Member

Carbs only cost me £30, and were pretty bad shape, so do I buy another set, or rebuild these?
the floats have only got a set buoyancy tho eh neil, if the needlevalve has,nt got a wear ring around it a rebuild kit wont help, try the return method (its worked for the past 5 yrs on our karts np)

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
the floats have only got a set buoyancy tho eh neil, if the needlevalve has,nt got a wear ring around it a rebuild kit wont help, try the return method (its worked for the past 5 yrs on our karts np)

Been on couple of cbr forums, and it does sound like the floats ain't sealing right

I've got a couple of things to try to test, but gotta take carbs off

I thought about it, but the return line to the tank will be seeing higher pressure than what's going to the carbs after the regulator, due to electric pump

frank

Club Member
Been on couple of cbr forums, and it does sound like the floats ain't sealing right

I've got a couple of things to try to test, but gotta take carbs off

I thought about it, but the return line to the tank will be seeing higher pressure than what's going to the carbs after the regulator, due to electric pump
nah, you reg it down to about 2 psi, and the return will damper that down.
like i say, our karts have a pulsepump (vacuum powered off the inlet tract) so our carbs probably see about 2 psi @ idle (during the idle high vacuum pulses) and that probably drops in pressure when the throttle is opened (pulsepumps are more suited to 2 stroke crankcase pulses) and our carbs piss fuel @ idle if the return pipe is,nt fitted

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
What I thought, was beings the electric pump pumps at about 10psi, there will be about that going through the return line to the tank.

So there's 10 psi swirling about in swirl pot. Then comes out of reg to carbs, where you suggest to put another return line to bleed off some off the pressure, but that return line will have to be plumbed into the fuel return on the swirl pot which is running at a higher pressure, so the return/bleed off from the carb won't be able to flow back to the tank.
See what I'm saying?

Or am I getting it wrong?

mine did the same no matter how much i altered the float levels. a full strip and bath in the ultrasonic cleaner sorted it out

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
mine did the same no matter how much i altered the float levels. a full strip and bath in the ultrasonic cleaner sorted it out

I did that before I fitted tgem, but I didn't replace any seals :(

Il see what state they are in again once they are off

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Either way, Gunna attempt sneaking out tomorrow and take carbs off for a look.....meant to be having Xmas family dinners and shiz

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
Either way, Gunna attempt sneaking out tomorrow and take carbs off for a look.....meant to be having Xmas family dinners and shiz
ultrasonic cleaners are good for alsorts, we have them at work for cleaning injector parts, turbo feed and return pipes and allsorts of other things, they work really well :)