• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Love your manifold, stunning work! I'm starting to wonder if this car will ever be finished, I can just see you forever changing and upgrading it lol.

A lathe is a amazing tool to have, I have a small one like h70micra but its not been set up for years, Im waiting to take delivery of a full size Harrison lathe and a Bridgeport Miller :D

A lathe is a amazing tool to have, I have a small one like h70micra but its not been set up for years, Im waiting to take delivery of a full size Harrison lathe and a Bridgeport Miller :D
Alright for some eh :p
When you get your new lathe you'll have to sell it to Neil :D

Small ones won't lighten you a flywheel but they are stupidly handy for making those niggly bits. Like my nylon bushes and ally reducer :)

Enjoy her mate she'll grow up fast :)

Routine is the best thing... if you know she's gonna feed at 12 then sleep for 3 hours... you know you've got playtime

Il look into that later. :)

Engine out.......
unu4aqyp.jpg

Gives me a chance to tidy few things up in engine bay, remove some rusty bits and weld on the radiator support I made aaaaggges ago. Also crank pulley is on lathe, should be done latrr

I'm yet to buy a sensor, I take it most/any will work
Wanna get most of it done before I put it all back in

Spose I best get reading the mega manual site too

As I said earlier find the best/easiest place to mount the vr sensor then with the engine at TDC rotate the trigger wheel so that the missing tooth it the right angle away from the sensor then weld in place. Simples.

Sorry to see this not work out the first time! I think you'll be happy you went EFI in the end though :) Looking forward to seeing this boost down a strip in the summer :D

Sorry to see this not work out the first time! I think you'll be happy you went EFI in the end though :) Looking forward to seeing this boost down a strip in the summer :D

So am I.

It's all been a learning curve, fun too

But, yes, efi will be great

I really like the Toyota manifold, should be much better than the standard item and the front of the engine just looks crazy. You seem to have miles of room in the k10 engine bay.

Not like the lime green anymore i take it ? Gone to black ? Loving the build only started catching up here now had fell way behind :) really hope i get to JAE to see this :)

Cheers.
Beings the engine been in an out so many times , I had scratched the hell out off it.
So was starting to rust so had to repaint. There was loads off black so used it lol

Jus need a 5/2 solenoid, and that's the changeover sorted,. Tested, and only need 2 psi to operate it, that's what I have at idle, so there's enough to reset it off throttle

Couple off small jobs done today

Crank sensor bracket

ape4emus.jpg

Thicker flange made up for supercharger, thus shouldn't bend!

ebegavem.jpg

uvy3avev.jpg

3e7ubudy.jpg

narytynu.jpg

5u7amyty.jpg

Got question regarding the injector ports, beings I didn't know about using the cga manifold instead off the cg13 mani for top feeds

The rubber washer type parts are to baggy on the top feed injectors.
uba2y8u4.jpg

Should the injector o-ring be tight on that rubber washer? Or should it be able to be inserted into the actual manifold hole
se5y9eja.jpg

ha9u2upa.jpg

If so, can I jus drill this out to the correct size?

I think you will need the green inserts and then some thin tube for extra shimming. Frank is man really. You don't want them pushed through that little hole though.

Back