Popping strut mounts?

Hi all,

Been on a few sites regarding this noise I'm getting from the front of my car and found a guy with a Honda Civic who said he had exactly the same problem as me (Popping noise from front offside suspension whenever car jolts and often a clicking noise from front). My garage told me it was the shocks but somewhat doubt that as they seem find and are doing there job. My MOT is in a month. Would the garage check strut mounts or the suspension? Should I worry about it!

Thanks

Assuming all other parts are in order about 109% sure
There's nothing to notice on them when stationary to suggest they've gone
If o were you, I'd get a pair from the scrapyard or they're £44 each

Thanks for the insight! Would applying lubricant to the top mount stop the noise temporarily? I'm just thinking it would be good to double check it was defo them before buying some new ones? My springs are quite corroded. It came up as an advisory on my MOT a year ago.

Thanks

MOT went okay. My car failed on strut mounts and these were replaced. It's been fine however, just now I heard a knocking and some clicking and I'm concerned it's started again. I have no advisories and my car had a full service.

Not sure, I drove about with my mechanic today and he said nothing was loose underneath and that I shouldn't worry. Still making noise. Should I take to another garage?

Back