poor tickover/stalling

F

forcevfour

Hi, we have a 1.0e K12 Micra which is used for driving tuition. The car has done 32,000 miles we've had it from new & it has a full service record. The stalling problem began about 10,000 miles ago. The dealership where unable to find the fault & told us to come back if the engine management light came on & then they could do somthing!!. At this time the fault was more intermittent & could be got around by putting a little load on the engine say by putting the lights on.
Recently however the fault has become much worse & the car is stalling much more often, even the local examiners have mentioned the problem!!
I know that k11's have this throttle body problem which seems to be quite common. Does this apply to the K12?
Any thoughts?

hi..this may sound silly !!!!....disconect the battery for a hour...then reconect...what this does,just re-sets the system...give it a try...if its still doing the same...need the system looked at in live data...hopes this helps

Cheers hitech,
I've had the car down to a repuatable dealer for a diagnosis. They tell me the airbox has a fault ! I presume a crack letting in air?I will confirm this tomorrow when I collect the car. I will get the old part back just to make sure there is no bull####

Yup a crack in the airbox. Large enough to upset the air fuel ratio. There is only a certain amount of compensation built into the system & that was exceeded.
SORTED!

Back