Poor Heater

Tried my heater today on the windscreen and it is terrible! On the fastest setting it is very slow and im sure wouldnt clear a window in the winter. Anyone know how to cure the problem?

first i always turn the heater dial to cold when starting a cold engine to allow it to heat up asap since the heater core relies on engine coolant.
if the temp gauge hasn't gone up to 1/2 way within 10 mins of idle or a mile of driving then the thermostat maybe stuck open.

when engines at or near optimum temp, turn the heater towards hot.
if the blown air is not even warm/hot, check the rod connecting the heater dial to the heater core input valve is positioned right. then check the hot/cold diverter cable is set correctly (be able to turn dial fully cold to fully hot with no resistance).

at low fan speed there should be a slight breeze. if the blown air feels very weak at hot & cold, there maybe a pollen filter after the blower that's blocked. if it feels weaker when fully hot, the heater core maybe blocked with dirt/debris.

you probably want to check the card that controls the settings for the heater i checked mine and it was coroded and because of that some of the things didnt work with the blower so if its slow and crappy then simply check the card and that will help to finding the problem ive attached a thread of the chat i was joinin on full of some good info for ya so you can check the blower card :)

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/46415-Help-with-blower-vents-needed-please!!!

hope this works :p

Back