I've ruined my car ?
Car looks brilliant as always good luck with the full filming next time around

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Tell us more if you can, like if the film "tells" about Kassandra only or if generically tells about cars etc.
I can no wait....

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Jamie interviews ppl about their car along with stationary, drive-by & onboard footages and features each one on his Lets Torque Cars youtube channel & on FB.
due to the bad weather, this session is just a short intro/teaser clip to show viewers what's to come but I think we got some shweet shots.
once the weather improves we'll meetup and do a full length proper video review.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Car looks brilliant as always good luck with the full filming next time around

cheers, I was rushing to thoroughly clean each wheel and wash/dry the body till the last minute we had to meet up, I think she scrubbed up pretty well :p
hopefully all the surface rust on the arch & sills will be resprayed before the reshoot

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
cheers, I was rushing to thoroughly clean each wheel and wash/dry the body till the last minute we had to meet up, I think she scrubbed up pretty wellhopefully all the surface rust on the arch & sills will be resprayed before the reshoot

Are you going to do some of your suspension camera views again? Might add an extra touch to the video and make it stand out from other videos on the channel

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Are you going to do some of your suspension camera views again? Might add an extra touch to the video and make it stand out from other videos on the channel

hopefully.
the ideal best scenario is that I could afford new semi-slick tyres and then goto my local Teesside evening trackday on my birthday in April, which Jamie says he'd even pay for to film the full thing.

that way, ppl can see Kasandra doing what she was built for. both in comfort setup as a daily driver on the road in this first rainy video and then in hardcore setup for having fun at trackdays in the 2nd longer video, hopefully dry too.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
hopefully.
the ideal best scenario is that I could afford new semi-slick tyres and then goto my local Teesside evening trackday on my birthday in April, which Jamie says he'd even pay for to film the full thing.

that way, ppl can see Kasandra doing what she was built for. both in comfort setup as a daily driver on the road in this first rainy video and then in hardcore setup for having fun at trackdays in the 2nd longer video, hopefully dry too.

That would be class, probably up there with one of the best birthdays ever. Be perfect to get to see both sides of the cars uses. Hope it works out that way I really want to see that now haha.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
decided to go ahead with the teesside autodrome trackday on 16/04/18 Monday for my birthday plus Jamie is available to film too :D:cool:

so I ordered more semi-slicks for the worn fronts. post van arrived really late at 5pm, knocked on my door, I came downstairs in my slippers to open door. huh no one there? just a red van parked up?
suddenly he began driving off just as I realised it could've been the delivery guy:eek:
WAIT crap! I had to chase after him in my slippers trying to smack the van or get his attention with arms waving.
thankfully he stopped and I got the tyres, phew :confused:

time to fit the old unevenly worn track wheels (still a fair bit of meat remaining in the middle) and burn em out before fitting the new rubber :p:D

28947078_10155043992656017_1493425485142373959_o.jpg

went to the Draginville car meet at durham on saturday and met afew new & familiar friends, giving em a ride. was a brilliant night, talked all night till silly o-clock where everyone's gone and flood lights even turned off :confused:

28828679_10155047219266017_2871371198603645620_o.jpg

on Sunday we went to scarborough for the StaticRoyals meet.
arrived at a sunny 4pm, lots of cars there and ppl popping over.

29060492_10155049491896017_1861270713223432251_o.jpg

was a nice evening but then at the official 6pm start time, police blocked off both ends of the road from traffic, it was eerily too quiet with no one revving or beeping or screeching.
heard rumours of afew arrests and that they'll clamp cars unless we all get lost. wtf it was messed up. reading about ppl scattering to other car parks only for police to interrupt.

we decided to head back towards teesside instead.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
over the years I've noticed the 20yr old PAS steering often feels abit sloppy near dead-center and clunks abit if I wiggle the steering wheel while stationary, thought it was normal.
there's abit of play whenever I rock the wheels laterally, the rose-joint outer tie rods are still snug with no play but with the steering wheel locked I did notice little play in the inner tie-rod so I ordered a new pair of rods from ebay

IMAG8304.jpg

but comparing the new rod (top) to the original rod (bottom) it has the wrong thread

IMAG8305.jpg

the old rod had an M14x1.5 thread for the PAS rack whereas this new one is an M16x1.0 and abit longer

IMAG8306.jpg

removing the LH tie-rod, there's been a slight leak

IMAG8310.jpg

the old PAS rack is beginning to wear & leak a tiny bit now, nothing major

IMAG8311.jpg

I was gonna return the wrong arm but then decided I could try machine it on the lathe instead of wasting time ordering another rod

IMAG8318.jpg

machined to match the original dimensions

IMAG8319.jpg

and carefully cut the M14 threads

IMAG8320.jpg
IMAG8321.jpg

fit's perfectly

IMAG8323.jpg

reassembled, realigned, went for a test drive and omg what a difference :eek:

IMAG8324.jpg
IMAG8325.jpg

it no longer clunks when I jiggle the wheel while stationary and the steering is so much more responsive & immediate now with the dead-zone feel eliminated.
so it turns out the inner tie-rod joint was abit worn then. :cool:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Exciting news everyone!

Jamie from 'Lets Torque Cars' has finally uploaded the finished video that we filmed 2 weeks ago in the rain and I'm soo happy about it.
For the first time, kasandra now has a video about her on youtube amongst other legendary micra videos :D

she looks & sounds great from the road side pov which I rarely get to see.
it's soo weird & cringy watching myself on camera and my face is always like :D:D:D but the interview turned out alright. I tried to keep the spec list brief for this promo/intro video.

Jamie can't make it to my local trackday on 16/04/18 so we might instead arrange to film the full-length video at the next trackday on 30/04/18 hopefully sunny, can't wait :cool:

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Exciting news everyone!

Jamie from 'Lets Torque Cars' has finally uploaded the finished video that we filmed 2 weeks ago in the rain and I'm soo happy about it.
For the first time, kasandra now has a video about her on youtube amongst other legendary micra videos :D

she looks & sounds great from the road side pov which I rarely get to see.
it's soo weird & cringy watching myself on camera and my face is always like :D:D:D but the interview turned out alright. I tried to keep the spec list brief for this promo/intro video.

Jamie can't make it to my local trackday on 16/04/18 so we might instead arrange to film the full-length video at the next trackday on 30/04/18 hopefully sunny, can't wait :cool:

Great intro, I did notice Katy Perry on the stereo too near the start. Be great to see a full video of it at its limits on track, looking forward to it.

Great intro, I did notice Katy Perry on the stereo too near the start. Be great to see a full video of it at its limits on track, looking forward to it.

Also noticed Katy perry
Great video buddy. Wouldn't worry about the smiling, a lot of people in these YouTube videos come across miserable and can't really say much about their car as they paid someone to build it! Came across very well I thought looking forward to the full video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member

hehe you guys caught me out on my fabulous musical tastes :p:D

yup I can't wait to do the full film & show her potential

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Also noticed Katy perry
Great video buddy. Wouldn't worry about the smiling, a lot of people in these YouTube videos come across miserable and can't really say much about their car as they paid someone to build it! Came across very well I thought looking forward to the full video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bless ya, thanks m8 that's nice to hear, me just being myself :cool::D:D

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Nice work those inner tie rods are well known for not matching what you can buy as spares...

thx Matt, didn't know that. thought all the micra racks used the same rod but seems there's different types for PAS, non PAS, & year?
good thing I was able to machine it instead.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
gave her a wash & repainted her tyres for the weekend car meet :cool:

IMAG8327.jpg
IMAG8329.jpg
IMAG8332.jpg

ever since last weeks drama of councils/police shutting down car cruising down scarborough, the car scene's prob abit edgy.
everyone was simply told to gather up at teeside and the secret venue was only gonna be annouced at the last minute, was abit of a covert operation :D
once it was annouced online, everyone made a mad dash to the venue like a cannonball run lol

IMAG8333.jpg

arriving at the car park behind some industrial estate, it was advised that ppl should simply park up, engines off and no anti-social behaviour like what scarborough went through.

IMAG8334.jpg
IMAG8336.jpg

things were ok for a moment as we walk around looking at cars parked & meeting up with friends but it was inevitable that soon the trouble makers would soon be speeding, skidding, smoking their car/vans around the place like eejits and a bloke even held out a 'Burnout' sign to encourage drivers showing off as the crowds gather :rolleyes:

it's quickly turned from a polite safe car meetup with families around into a yobo scene. me m8 matthew was soon uncomfortable with the situation, that there's gonna be an accident or authorities will storm the place like scarborough and we wouldn't wanna be involved in that so we left for some food elsewhere instead and went home.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
gave her a wash & repainted her tyres for the weekend car meet :cool:

View attachment 56653 View attachment 56652 View attachment 56648

ever since last weeks drama of councils/police shutting down car cruising down scarborough, the car scene's prob abit edgy.
everyone was simply told to gather up at teeside and the secret venue was only gonna be annouced at the last minute, was abit of a covert operation :D
once it was annouced online, everyone made a mad dash to the venue like a cannonball run lol

View attachment 56649

arriving at the car park behind some industrial estate, it was advised that ppl should simply park up, engines off and no anti-social behaviour like what scarborough went through.

View attachment 56650 View attachment 56651

things were ok for a moment as we walk around looking at cars parked & meeting up with friends but it was inevitable that soon the trouble makers would soon be speeding, skidding, smoking their car/vans around the place like eejits and a bloke even held out a 'Burnout' sign to encourage drivers showing off as the crowds gather :rolleyes:

it's quickly turned from a polite safe car meetup with families around into a yobo scene. me m8 matthew was soon uncomfortable with the situation, that there's gonna be an accident or authorities will storm the place like scarborough and we wouldn't wanna be involved in that so we left for some food elsewhere instead and went home.
Exact reason I rarely go to shows, usually full of idiots. Car looks well nonetheless

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Exact reason I rarely go to shows, usually full of idiots. Car looks well nonetheless

yeah with free, unregulated public car meets there's always least 1 lad who wants to show-off and cause trouble.
whereas officially organised & paid gatherings/shows are much more relaxed & safer.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
the T1Rs wearing nice & evenly

IMAG8362.jpg
IMAG8360.jpg

IMAG8365.jpg
IMAG8364.jpg

the front pads still has alot of meat, the LH inside pad sometimes squealing probably cos of dust trapped in that groove

IMAG8363.jpg
IMAG8361.jpg

so with a set of track wheels with worn outer shoulders but still lots of tread on the inside, I washed off the cob webs and went to the countryside for some fun obligatory "burnout the old tyres before fitting fresh ones" :D:D

IMAG8359.jpg
IMAG8366.jpg

managed to get the 0-60 down to 7.3s on the last launch run :cool:

Hi Paul, I've just caught up with your video interview, impressive stuff! You came across well, better than the other guy if you ask me. Me, I hate being on the wrong side of the camera. Oh, nice car too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Hi Paul, I've just caught up with your video interview, impressive stuff! You came across well, better than the other guy if you ask me. Me, I hate being on the wrong side of the camera. Oh, nice car too.

heya thanks V much Tornado, that's a relief to hear :D yeah it's weird & stressful being filmed on the spot and answering tricky questions, but cos the subject is about my car I just visualise the layout and explain each major component like a presentation.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
pollyp talk so much that time the mc dougals was gonna employ us a night staff hahahahahhahaa. and poor mum was in the pollymobile all that time.shout out "HI MOM" !!!!

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
catch can had caught 180ml after 1155 miles

IMAG8367.jpg

recently there was a faint annoying rattling in the rear.
only rattles going over shallow rough roads (short high frequency suspension travel) but doesn't knock or rattle over bigger bumps like speedbumps or ramps. it also rattles less when I apply the handbrake (caliper assembly held steady under the strain, handbrake cables stiffen up under tension, braking torque loading up the trailing arm bushes) but still rattles under hydraulic braking.

all the trailing arms, dampers, fuel filler, sway bars & panhard rod are snug tight but noticed I can jiggle the rear calipers cos the guide pins are wearing loose and I prev forgot to fit the pins that feature a rubber collar to absorb vibrations, therefore it's prob been rattling metal-metal

IMAG8383.jpg

machined some o-ring grooves on the guide pins to take up the slack

IMAG8384.jpg
IMAG8385.jpg

rattles slightly less but it's still there annoyingly

IMAG8386.jpg

also found these fuel lines rattling against the tank/chassis so I ziptied em and nope it still rattles :mad:
the joys of finding the mysterious knocks/rattles :rolleyes:

IMAG8399.jpg

after a few days of fun trying to burn out these front semislicks, they hardly wear much being so durable :confused:

IMAG8388.jpg
IMAG8389.jpg

the fronts still have alot of tread left while the rears are getting thin at the Min mark and was debating do I keep the thicker but compromised front pair and replace the very worn rears?

IMAG8391.jpg
IMAG8392.jpg

decided to replace the compromised front tyres cos I don't fancy risking a blowout at high speed with the amount of exposed canvas near the sidewall.
for the thin rear tyres they hardly experience any wear or loads anyway so I'm gonna swap em over left to right so the thicker tread is on the outside.

off to the tyre shop to replace the front pair and swap over the rears

IMAG8393.jpg
IMAG8396.jpg

IMAG8397.jpg
IMAG8398.jpg

and now afew days of scrubbing-in these fresh rubber with lots of twisty countryside driving before mondays trackday :cool:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
finally traced the loose rattling noise down to the panhard rod where the solid plastic & steel bushings I machined had a slight gap.
so without any elasticity, the steel & plastic bushes basically rattle against each other during rough tarmac, sending the noise up the panhard and into the LH chassis mount where I heard the noise.

IMAG8400.jpg

machined some grooves on the bush for o-rings to dampen the vibrations

IMAG8402.jpg
IMAG8403.jpg

reinstalled and OMG for the first time ever, she has no rattles or knocks or vibrations at all :eek::cool:
wow it's soooo nice to drive quietly, except for the loud exhaust & insane road noise of course :p

IMAG8405.jpg

replaced the rusty exhaust clamp

IMAG8404.jpg

painted the semi-slicks after alot of weaving in the countryside to scrub-in the new rubber ready for monday :cool:

IMAG8406.jpg
IMAG8407.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
15/04/2018 Clevelend Cruise Scene trip through Yorkshire Moors

CCS arranged a little group drive to the Lion Inn pub in the Yorkshire moors, it'll also further scrub these semi-slicks for mondays track night.

so a few of us gather near middlesbrough

30707604_1649160595161158_2636968637328290651_n.jpg

then drove to the next meetup point at the Birk Brow Car Park awaiting more cars. Frankies K11 with straight pipes was insanely loud to follow behind even though I was wearing ear plugs :p

IMAG8416.jpg
30724379_1649159695161248_2284345099144356513_n.jpg
30711931_10214448810946883_886377655283220480_o.jpg

drove through the moors on a sunny day to the Lions Inn for a little drink and fixing frankies MAF issue

IMAG8418.jpg

on the way back we took an alternative detour route which went up/down some amazing steep & sweeping B-roads but going past Westerdale we came across this river that passes across the road :eek:

map1.jpg
river.jpg

I'm thinking WTH? how we suppose to cross that, that looks insanely deep, no way I'm driving through that fearing it'll flood kasandras electrics. :eek:o_O
then frankie in his low k11 went through it, oh crap it's a steep single lane hill and another car behind me so there's no turning back, I'll have to go through with eyes closed :confused:

splash.jpg

she made it and still runs but whole engine bay & chassis was soaked and steaming away with water :rolleyes:

IMAG8421.jpg

continued on towards redcar for food

IMAG8422.jpg

and then finished at the regular Cafe car meeting point in Boro on sundays. a fun day

IMAG8423.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Teesside Autodrome - Evening Trackday 16-04-2018

Arriving about 4pm on a quiet, dry, sunny evening. unpacked tools and setup the car to the prev configuration.

IMAG8424.jpg

Neil, Frankie, Hayley, Dave & Nigel soon arrived after briefing.

30738515_1707723889321682_4863190580202569728_n.jpg

16:56 Warm up lap
10/30 dampers
60/40 brake bias
95% fuel
2.5/2.4bars cold pressure

weaving & braking to get heat into the brakes & tyres.

17:05 Session 1
10/30 dampers
60/40 brake bias
95% fuel

since it takes afew laps to get the brakes & tyres upto working temps I decided to go straight out into the 1st run.

Lap times:
1:08 traffic
1:05 traffic
1:01 traffic

0:57
0:56

Remark:
3:00 out-braking the Impreza
4:00 had to under-take the MX5
- handling felt smooth & progressive
- less body roll
- rear wheels lock up less with the 60/40 bias
- still understeers at the long 180deg bend
- fresh brakes biting hard

17:32 Session 2 with Hayley
10/30 dampers
60/40 brake bias
90% fuel
2.6/2.65bars hot pressure

it was Hayleys bday so I took her for a ride onboard. the 1st session had now warmed up the tyres to working temp.

30546089_10211995529466864_472935612_o.jpg
30772385_10211995533266959_882844296_o.jpg

Lap times:
0:58 traffic
1:05 traffic

0:58
0:59

Remarks:
2:50 overtake peugeot 306
3:15 almost rolling on 2 wheels from hitting inside kerb
3:30 allowing Neil to pass
3:50 passing black Civic
4:00 Neil spins from braking hard into 180deg bend
5:50 random misfire at WOT down the straight
- slight hint of oversteer from the 1st corner
-tyres have now heated up to 2.7/2.8bars

IMAG8425.jpg

18:06 Session 3 with Hayley
10/30 dampers
60/40 brake bias
80% fuel
2.6/2.7bars hot pressure

Lap times:
0:59 traffic
1:17 traffic
1:07 traffic

Remarks:
5:50 undertaking black MX5 again
8:30 Hayleys seat belt locking clip loosened

18:50 Session 3
10/30 dampers
60/40 brake bias
70% fuel
2.6/2.7bars hot pressure

going out by myself to see how all the little mod changes compared to last years times.

30167744_10156068623940659_3932196393145842629_o.jpg

Lap times:
0:57 traffic
0:57 traffic

0:55
0:55

Remarks:
4:20 overtaking black MX5 which exited corner too wide
6:20 out-braking the white bmw E30
7:20 overtake peugeot 306

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
19:20 Session 5 with Hayley
10/30 dampers
60/40 brake bias
55% fuel
2.6/2.7bars hot pressure

took Hayley out one last time before it shuts.

Lap times:
0:56 traffic
1:00 traffic

Remarks:

5:40 held up behind orange MR2
10:00 pulled over by police during cooldown up the road

whilst just cruising down the public road after my in-lap to further chill my brake discs & turbo before parking up, a coppa spotted us still wearing helmets + x-brace + sporty wheels and pulled me over.
explained I was just coming from the track to further cool down my brakes as a precaution to prevent warping the discs if I used handbrake to park in the sloped paddock.
the guy said if I was having to cool my brakes on public road then they must be too hot to operate if there was an accident therefore defective & dangerous? :rolleyes: sigh

the fella simply couldn't understand the difference between "overheating brake fade" you get from pushing normal low-temp pads and simply cooling high-performance brakes from peak operating temp (not the pads overheating temp) down to ambient temp to "prevent warping/damaging the disc" incase I had to apply handbrake on the sloping paddock.

tried to include that these are upgraded high-temp pads designed to work between cold and much higher temps but again he simply confuses that as any brakes get hotter they are less effective? o_O
technically it's quite the opposite whereby the higher/hotter the pads are within their operating temp the better/harder they bite.
it's only once they exceed the Max or Min temp of the pads that they don't work.
these pads have never ever faded on me, even at the fastest track.

couldn't be arsed to correct the eejit or elevate the situation so just smiled & joked on :D

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
front tyres wearing evenly by 0.25mm

IMAG8436.jpg
IMAG8433.jpg

rear tyres hardly worn

IMAG8448.jpg
IMAG8447.jpg

fresh front brakes wearing at a normal pace

IMAG8434.jpg
IMAG8435.jpg

IMAG8431.jpg
IMAG8432.jpg

brakes.jpg

rear pads wear very slowly as normal

IMAG8450.jpg
IMAG8449.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
21-04-2018 Kurusa UK car meet

met up with Dave & Frankie at the services before heading up to dragonville park in durham for a car meet

IMAG8452.jpg

was a lovely sunset evening :cool:

IMAG8454.jpg

spotted Kevin, Jack, Lewis & few more micras so we gathered up for photos :)

IMAG8457.jpg
IMAG8459.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
22-04-2018 Road trip to Yorkshire Dales & E85 car meet

Kim arranged a little group road trip to the yorkshire dales with Hayley, Dave, Peter, Matthew, Tommy, Nigel, Chris & Tim.
we stopped at Tennants auction house for food, spotting afew classic motors, but restaurant was fully booked

IMAG8463.jpg

so we popped to a chocolate cafe nearby for some sugary goodness brekky :D

31184992_1797231110581832_6183737657575604224_o.jpg

resumed trekking through the lovely hilly twisty Dale roads

IMAG8470.jpg

finished at this pretty lake spot for afew cool photos :cool::cool:

31175754_1797238013914475_3721227933759569920_o.jpg
IMAG8483.jpg
IMAG8481.jpg
31306712_1797235047248105_6728592432742531072_o.jpg

headed back towards dragonville Durham for the E85 car meet which was jam packed full :)

IMAG8491.jpg
IMAG8492.jpg
IMAG8493.jpg

twas a good day

I've been meaning to ask...
Did you get any further with modifying the rear roll centre? I think last time we were thinking of moving the upper mount for the panhard rod upwards in the chassis.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
washed her sparkly clean before the next local car show

IMAG8535.jpg
IMAG8538.jpg
IMAG8541.jpg
IMAG8543.jpg
IMAG8544.jpg

29-04-2018 Great North Air Ambulance Show
Gathered with afew car m8s for a sunny local car show full of classic - modern - unique cars :cool:
had a seat in the tight cockpit of a burgandy V8 drag car, which was also very loud once started :D

IMAG8555.jpg
IMAG8556.jpg
IMAG8559.jpg
IMAG8569.jpg
IMAG8582.jpg

georgina in the audi TT locked her keys in the boot somehow, so the AA arrived and they eventually managed to get it open

IMAG8588.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
catchcan got 113ml per 1000miles, seems the warmer days are reducing their efficiency slightly

IMAG8599.jpg

noticed this year that kasandra sometimes develop a random occasional misfire/hesitation whenever I go WOT at high rpm & full boost, especially with everything hot during trackdays.
thinking perhaps the fuel filter is slightly clogged for max loading and it's also 1yrs old due replacement, so got a cheapo filter from parts store

IMAG8593.jpg
IMAG8594.jpg

inside the old filter looked fine and no rust particles this time

IMAG8596.jpg
IMAG8597.jpg

recorded all the sensors & gauges during afew WOT runs to verify she's running ok and yup she no longer misfires at full boost on the road throughout revs on a cold day. we'll see if she stays stable on the next trackday.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
the cat was choking the high-end of the rpm on trackdays so I swapped over to the de-cat for the next time

IMAG8601.jpg

the honeycomb cat appears all intact, clear and normal

IMAG8602.jpg
IMAG8603.jpg

the decat makes such a noticable difference, she pulls really hard at the top end now :cool:

tday was such a Gorgeous sunny warm day with clear sky and very calm cool breeze, perfect for a good cruise around the quiet roads while everyone's at the beach and I couldn't resist a few beauty shots at the middlesbrough transport bridge :cool::cool:

IMAG8605.jpg
IMAG8611.jpg
IMAG8613.jpg

the cat was choking the high-end of the rpm on trackdays so I swapped over to the de-cat for the next time

View attachment 56927

the honeycomb cat appears all intact, clear and normal

View attachment 56930 View attachment 56929

the decat makes such a noticable difference, she pulls really hard at the top end now :cool:

tday was such a Gorgeous sunny warm day with clear sky and very calm cool breeze, perfect for a good cruise around the quiet roads while everyone's at the beach and I couldn't resist a few beauty shots at the middlesbrough transport bridge :cool::cool:

View attachment 56925 View attachment 56926 View attachment 56928

Happy days out & about when the sun is out, perhaps that’s what it’s all about? :)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
went to teesside autodrome to watch the drifting practice sessions

IMAG8656.jpg
IMAG8657.jpg
IMAG8653.jpg

spotted this really pristine beetle parked nearby :cool:

IMAG8658.jpg
IMAG8660.jpg
IMAG8659.jpg

having a nice evening chat with Dave at kfc

IMAG8661.jpg

we removed the rear bumper off his civic to check the corrosion underneath

IMAG8662.jpg
IMAG8663.jpg

after abit of prodding, yup that'll need some welding :D

IMAG8666.jpg
IMAG8667.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
cleaned the car ready for tomorrows North East Auto Show

IMAG8671.jpg

checking the plugs, all look the same white ash of burnt oil but the gap's worn from 1.10mm to 1.25mm which may have contributed to the recent WOT misfire on track. reduced em back to 1.0mm

IMAG8673.jpg

compression is stable and all exactly the same 10bar :cool:

compr.jpg

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
cleaned the car ready for tomorrows North East Auto Show

View attachment 56963

checking the plugs, all look the same white ash of burnt oil but the gap's worn from 1.10mm to 1.25mm which may have contributed to the recent WOT misfire on track. reduced em back to 1.0mm

View attachment 56964

compression is stable and all exactly the same 10bar :cool:

View attachment 56965
Paul, what fuel to air ratio is your engine running at? Those white plugs suggest a really lean mixture, I would have preferred to see a very light brown on the plugs.............